Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Breeding

lostmyinfo's Gamercard
Where are you pre-ordering

Title covers it for the most part.

I had it pre-ordered at Gamestop, but changed it to Best Buy to get the lamp. I'm not too worried about the digital dlc since it will all be available eventually if I really want it.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah none of the in-game stuff struck me as more interesting than the other, really. At first I wanted the USB drive but I'm going with the GameStop pre-order. I mean, personally pre-ordering at Best Buy is inconvenient for more, so I would've gone with GS or Amazon. Though I had thought the cards you got at GameStop were some silly trading cards or something, I didn't realize they were stylized tarot cards. So I'm looking forward to getting those.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Is there any speacial editions/ pre-order bonus for the UK, as I can't seem to find any from the usual suspects.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
V3T Hunter

I preorder all my games from amazon.
100% Retail: Smackdown vs Raw 2009,Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Madden 06, Madden 09, CSI: Hard Evidence,NBA 2k6,MLB 2k6, Fight Night Round 3, Avatar: The burning earth, College Hoops 2k6, Backyard Football 2010,NCAA Football 12, WWE Allstars,Smackdown vs Raw 2008,WWE 12,NCIS.
XBLA:Harm's Way.
V3T Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
Gamestop. Its easiest and I can pick it up whenever I want, plus I can trade in games toward the value. Thats harder to do with services like Best Buy or Amazon.
fonzycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Felix Pie

Felix Pie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3T Hunter View Post
I used to but there is no point now. No more 10 dollar credits and .99 release date delivery is now 10 bucks.

Felix Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3T Hunter View Post
I preordered occasionally from them until they fucked me over and didn't send Borderlands 2 when it released. So now I'm sticking 100% with EB Games / Gamestop. They always get games to me on release day and they usually have the best bonuses, even if they are pointless. So I already preordered from them.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Vicktacular

Vicktacular's Gamercard
I've had a chance to check out the GS tarot cards and I can say they are pretty cool. Not into reading my future or anything but the art style is unique.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

I pre-ordered at GameStop. I used to use Best Buy so I could get the points for certificates. But I got so fed up with the way they don't know how to organize these kinds of promotions. So now I go to GameStop for all of my gaming purchases. I used to hate this chain with a passion due to their underhanded tactics in certain areas. But they built a new one near where I live a few years ago. This one is staffed extremely well with competent people that are actually gamers. So they know what they're doing.

GameStop usually has the best pre-order incentives. The ones for this game look very cool. I'm always excited to get a nice physical item for a game I'm interested in. The tarrot cards look amazing. And the added DLC seems really useful too.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

I preordered this game from shopto.net and should have it by next Wednesday morning.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #11
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
Best Buy, for the lamp and the in-game bonus I liked.
I usually go with Amazon but they've dropped the release date delivery.
And I'll never go with GameStop. I don't like their policies or their service.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #12
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I pre-ordered from the microsoft store. They have/had (not sure if it's still going on) a promotion to receive 1600 msp and $10 credit towards a future purchase if you pre-order select games. I won't be getting it on release, but that doesn't bother me much considering I'm getting $30 in extra shit.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #13
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
I pre-ordered from the microsoft store. They have/had (not sure if it's still going on) a promotion to receive 1600 msp and $10 credit towards a future purchase if you pre-order select games. I won't be getting it on release, but that doesn't bother me much considering I'm getting $30 in extra shit.
Sucks that it was US only. I think it was anyway...

Just found out EB Games has a deal where if you trade Dishonored in within the first week of release you get just $1 less than you paid for each day. I don't think I'll be taking advantage of this because I'm confident the game will be great, but it's cool to know if it sucks I have the option to nearly get a full refund.

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I pre-ordered from EB Games for the tarot cards. I'm a sucker for stuff like that; I actually still have the deck of cards from the pre-order for GUN in its' original wrapping. =D

But hearing that there's this lamp available, too... I kinda want that...

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
antiflag

antiflagrev's Gamercard
I had it preordered through Amazon as I pre-order everything through them. Free release date delivery, and $10-$20 credit for a good amount of the games I pre-order. However, Dishonored didn't have the credit, and I want that lamp so I preordered at best buy yesterday and just canceled my Amazon one. It sucks that I will have to pay for it, (I have a little over $100 in amazon credit currently), but I want that damn lamp.
antiflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
The Best Buy lamp is apparently a tiny (3.5 inches), cheap, plastic toy.

Not trying to influence anyone's decision, but that's something I wanted to know before making my preorder decision.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #17
Wurd77

Wurd77's Gamercard
I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop.com. Mainly, because I liked the pre-order bonus better. If it wasn't for that I would get it from Wal-Mart (basically because I don't have to pay shipping/handling charges).
Wurd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #18
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

All the hate for Gamestop is ridiculous if you ask me. I've ordered many, many, games from them and never once had a problem. Yeah they shaft you on trading in stuff but that's about it.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #19
StolenPaper18

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
All the hate for Gamestop is ridiculous if you ask me. I've ordered many, many, games from them and never once had a problem. Yeah they shaft you on trading in stuff but that's about it.
Who is hating on Gamestop? Or are you just speaking generally?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #20
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
I love them. Sent the game Friday since Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada so I'll have it on release. Usually games are sent out on Mondays.

Also I don't find trade in values are bad. If you just go for trade ins towards new releases you get bonus percentages added on or the new games for 2 or 3 games. They always have trade in deals and if those deals are used, you don't get ripped off.

I like bitching threads.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #21
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
Who is hating on Gamestop? Or are you just speaking generally?
Well there was a guy above who said they had bad business practices which made me think about some of the general hate I've seen. Maybe you've seen the Gamefly commercial that clearly disses them, but I've also seen local stores where I live constantly insult them as well.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #22
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
microsoft store is a good place to preorder it
10 dollar off coupon and 1600 microsoft points.... damn good deal

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
never, not into this game.
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #24
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbreakfast99 View Post
never, not into this game.
Then why the Hell are you posting on this forum? If you're not interesting in this game, then leave.

Quote:
Well there was a guy above who said they had bad business practices which made me think about some of the general hate I've seen. Maybe you've seen the Gamefly commercial that clearly disses them, but I've also seen local stores where I live constantly insult them as well.
If you're referring to me making a comment about their business practices, I stand by that stance. I really like the new GameStop that I frequent. But these recent good experiences don't erase the myriad of negative ones I've had in the past. I'll explain so that I don't come off as a ignorant person that hates on things just for the sake of it. The things I was referring to that I hate about GameStop range from minor objections to major flaws in my opinion. A minor thing I don't like is that they stick those annoying stickers on the game case of older titles even if they're supposed to be New.

The major thing that I hate about them is that they gut copies of games and sell them as New. I'm sorry, maybe I'm old fashioned. But if you gut a game (open it and take all of the content out of it) then it's no longer New. Once you break the seal you shouldn't charge for a New item when it is in fact Used. It might seem trivial to some people. But to a collector such as myself, it really irritates me.

Another huge flaw is that they employ people that are completely incompetent. They know absolutely nothing about video games and have no business working in a store that sells them. They are often times very rude too. That definitely isn't all of the stores. But it happens to be true for the majority of the GameStops I've used over the years. Some are far worse than others.

But like I said before, I love the one I go to now. I've never had a single problem with them. Also they do absolutely screw people over when it comes to game trades. But I don't have a problem with that at all. I don't trade in games or buy used. So it doesn't affect me.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC

Last edited by BloodGodAlucard; 10-07-2012 at 05:22 AM.
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
three15

Kinda annoyed that you have to preorder from Tesco to get the assassin pack, even though it's 32.99 with a 5 off voucher i don't want to risk not getting it till the middle of next week so i'm getting it from shopto.

They should've just put a code in the box that gave you the option to choose which DLC you wanted no matter where you got it from.
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #26
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
Best Buy for the $20 in Reward certificates and price match opportunity. pretty much a no-brainer. I've been stringing these $20 certificates for all of my fall purchases this year.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #27
Starkweather

StarkweatherXC's Gamercard
Got it from Shopto as always, the DLC bonus is not suited to the way i want to play but ah well.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
StolenPaper18

Anyone else that pre-ordered from the Microsoft Store getting this for free?

They charged my credit card Sunday evening and then they e-mailed me Monday morning and told me my order had been cancelled and they refunded my credit card. I was busy with work so I didn't have time to look into the issue. By the time I got home later in the evening I had received another e-mail saying they apologize for the cancellation e-mail, as it was a mistake. So as an apology they said my whole order is free. Not really sure why as it didn't even inconvenience me much, other than a bit of worrying, but I won't complain.

Last edited by StolenPaper18; 10-09-2012 at 07:01 PM.
StolenPaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post

The major thing that I hate about them is that they gut copies of games and sell them as New. I'm sorry, maybe I'm old fashioned. But if you gut a game (open it and take all of the content out of it) then it's no longer New. Once you break the seal you shouldn't charge for a New item when it is in fact Used. It might seem trivial to some people. But to a collector such as myself, it really irritates me.
This is why I will not even set foot in gamestop, unless there is some crazy-amazing deal.
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #30
Zeppelin 856

CREEKx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicktacular View Post
I've had a chance to check out the GS tarot cards and I can say they are pretty cool. Not into reading my future or anything but the art style is unique.
I didn't even know this came with the pre-order bonus, so it was quite a nice surprise when I picked it up today.
Zeppelin 856 is offline   Reply With Quote