PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #511
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
It's odd. I can't seem to plant sugar cane on sand, grass, dirt, or farm-dirt that's been smacked with a hoe. Even right next to water.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #512
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Mushroom biomes aren't being included in this update. Think we're getting swamp biomes along with ravines and rivers though. So that's a start.
Weren't you able to grow large mushrooms before the mushroom biome, or no?
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #513
andami

Send a message via MSN to andami

Andami's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
It's odd. I can't seem to plant sugar cane on sand, grass, dirt, or farm-dirt that's been smacked with a hoe. Even right next to water.
That is odd. Sugarcane, as of now, only grows on un-tilled dirt vertically or horizontally adjacent to a water source.
andami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #514
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Weren't you able to grow large mushrooms before the mushroom biome, or no?

The only mushrooms are the Brown, and the Red/White mushrooms. Shame, as I'd love to have gigantic mushrooms dotting the landscape.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #515
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
The only mushrooms are the Brown, and the Red/White mushrooms. Shame, as I'd love to have gigantic mushrooms dotting the landscape.
Mushrooms are a fungus and should be eradicated whenever possible...
Nitnoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #516
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Will this update give us the ability to use bonemeal to grow large mushrooms?
Yes, bonemeal should grow large mushroomsin in 1.8
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #517
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Mushroom biomes aren't being included in this update. Think we're getting swamp biomes along with ravines and rivers though. So that's a start.
He didn't ask about Mushroom biomes. He ask about using bonemeal to grow large mushrooms. Which yes it should in the 1.8 update.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #518
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
true, i get sick of mud though in farming, we have fields of melons, pumpkins, wheat and cocoa beans plus all the animal pens on it and nether wart on soul sand which isnt much of a contrast so its nice to have cactus and sugar around just to break it up a bit ... will be even more so with the next update since i have to find room for potatoes and carrots to
Well... I guess that makes sense to me. I'm weird about my farms... I keep ~small~ compact farms... just enough to keep me fed, and all layered "on top" of each other, under my house... so having all the floors identical to each other, is more important than "breaking the monotony of mud floors". Which is why I don't like Sand in my Sugar Cane room.

And I'm kind of looking forward to Potatoes... but more-so the Carrots. I've already got a Saddle, and a Stick... and Pigs. What could ~possibly~ go wrong?
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #519
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
When this update does hit, I have plans for my entire world.

Pretty much an entire remodel and refurbish. Right now literally everything is cobblestone, which I think looks a bit tacky. Instead, walls will be stone bricks, glass panes instead of blocks, plain stone (or something else that looks nice) as floors, etc.

Got a whole base to re-work. Can't wait.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #520
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
He didn't ask about Mushroom biomes. He ask about using bonemeal to grow large mushrooms. Which yes it should in the 1.8 update.
I know he didn't, but to get the large mushrooms, I'm positive you need to have the mushroom biomes for them to grow there. I've not heard about them being added to 1.8.2, and would need confirmation from someone else. I'll be honest, I'd love to have mega mushrooms, so I can build mushroom city.

@Nitnoid. Mushrooms are only good if they're magic lol.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #521
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
I know he didn't, but to get the large mushrooms, I'm positive you need to have the mushroom biomes for them to grow there. I've not heard about them being added to 1.8.2, and would need confirmation from someone else. I'll be honest, I'd love to have mega mushrooms, so I can build mushroom city.

you can crow them anywhere you can plant a mushroom as long as you have enough room, the mylesium from mushroom biomes just allows them to grow in any condition
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #522
Elizabe55th

DFG25's Gamercard
It was on my list but I must of accidentally skipped over it.
Elizabe55th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #523
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:

Well, growing large mushrooms was part of the 1.8 update on PC last year. So it should work.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #524
DecadentBeaver

Fair enough, if they grow large then I'm gonna be using them. So, any type of mushroom and then bonemeal them?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #525
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Fair enough, if they grow large then I'm gonna be using them. So, any type of mushroom and then bonemeal them?
Yep! That's right!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #526
DecadentBeaver

Sweet. I sincerely hope I can grow mushrooms to a nice hefty size once the update is out. Will give me more ideas for builds!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #527
Paradaj909

paradaj909's Gamercard
Hmm

Am i the only one that expects this update like if its a new retail game?? luckily i have medal of honor beta to keep me entertained

Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #528
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
why does it say release date october 15 and 19?

the game went into cert testing on either the 3rd or the 4th. Usually takes about 10 days from what I have heard. so the update should be out in like 1 week
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #529
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdwn View Post

the game went into cert testing on either the 3rd or the 4th. Usually takes about 10 days from what I have heard. so the update should be out in like 1 week
its 10 working days which means weekends arent included so its more like 14 days
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #530
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdwn View Post

10 BUSINESS days which is about 14 days. We basically know it will be sometime within the third week of the month and that's about it.

The day it gets out of certification is not the day it's release either so you know.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #531
DecadentBeaver

Where did you get these release dates from by the way?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #532
RDrules

Quote:
exactly how was said in the above posts, its an educated guess based on how long it will take to get through the testing process.

and it will be about right, cant think of any reason microsoft would have to stall it
Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #533
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
and it will be about right, cant think of any reason microsoft would have to stall it
If LIVE takes a trip to screwed up land again... happened with the Trials EVO DLC yesterday.

Was supposed to have shown up yesterday but LIVE was taking an enormous squat or something. They just couldn't get it back to speed (from whatever the hell was happening, probably hacked lool) in time to put out the DLC.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #534
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
If LIVE takes a trip to screwed up land again... happened with the Trials EVO DLC yesterday.

Was supposed to have shown up yesterday but LIVE was taking an enormous squat or something. They just couldn't get it back to speed (from whatever the hell was happening, probably hacked lool) in time to put out the DLC.
Yeah, can't wait until this releases on PS3...
Nitnoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #535
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:

Live was down yesterday? Everything showed up just fine for me, including the Trials EVO DLC.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #536
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Live was down yesterday? Everything showed up just fine for me, including the Trials EVO DLC.
No it wasn't down, but it was glitchy and acting up a bit. There was a service alert for pretty much the entire day.

Something was going on and the DLC wasn't released right when they said it would. First it was an hour, then it was within the hour, then it was possibly later, then it was not yesterday.

Not sure when the DLC became 100% available for everyone. I'm sure it came out for some sooner than others, just like how a friend of mine was able to buy Minecraft almost an hour before I could.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #537
RDrules

oh boo hoo, i dont even know why your bringing this up MS can hardly be blamed for a bug in their service after a crash , 99% of the time it runs without problem and they didnt stall the DLC because of the bug the bug caused them to wait for it and they had it up at the earliest possible time
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #538
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
These dates are in no way official. It could come earlier than the days given or even possibly later. I just gave the current most plausible range for when it is likely to be released.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #539
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
No it wasn't down, but it was glitchy and acting up a bit. There was a service alert for pretty much the entire day.

Something was going on and the DLC wasn't released right when they said it would. First it was an hour, then it was within the hour, then it was possibly later, then it was not yesterday.

Not sure when the DLC became 100% available for everyone. I'm sure it came out for some sooner than others, just like how a friend of mine was able to buy Minecraft almost an hour before I could.
Can't say I noticed any issues when I was online but it was a bit hit and miss a few days ago.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #540
Insert Coin Here

ghoststuck's Gamercard
the Dashboard BETA is running and they are working on XboxLIVE...
thats why there are some problems sometimes...