PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Buckles Supreme

Buckles Supreme's Gamercard
The Event Petition (AKA voicing our frustration to Epic)

Hey guys I know everyone is really mad about the whole Socialite ribbons and the events not working and Epic not really doing a whole lot about it. I think tat we could voice our opinions like everyone does in this forum but in a more constructive and useful way. We can get people to sign a petition or at least group or frustration into one large mass that Epic can't ignore. THEY WILL LISTEN if we can raise enough hell and not just on forums by sending our pain their way. There is nothing that a company hates more than bad feedback and if we raise enough hell Epic will listen and do something to make us quiet. List your opinion below and I will consider whether I want to see this become a real thing or not. If it does I will certainly let this site and others know so they can sign and make Epic listen.
Buckles Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Answer this question: At this point can Epic make money by giving a shit about any of the achievements for Gears 3?

If the answer is "No." then you have your answer as well. I saw the quick decline of their support before Gears:Judgement was even announced. After it was announced it made sense as to way so many issues were left unresolved and all the DLC felt phoned in. They're done with the game, nothing will change for it.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
good luck to all of you who are still struggling with this bullshit!

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
ZOMBINOX

ZOMBINOX's Gamercard
I'm pissed that we were told by Epic that all the achievements would be obtainable in private mode, and they are not. I'll sign anything you have to let Epic know I'm not happy with them.

Broke 100K Gamerscore 3-24-13
Game: Gears of War Judgment
Achievement: Respect for the Fallen
Gamer Score: 20
Current Score: 100,006
Achieved Seriously 3.0 - 7-14-13
ZOMBINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
OptimusOBrien

OptimusOBrien's Gamercard
I am one of the lucky one who was able to get the Event achievement while it was glitched, that being said I am upset that they never let the weapon kills in Horde count towards medals like they said they would if there was a demand for it. I remember watching Rod do the live chat and after he said it Twitter blew up with people trying to get them to update that. Other then that I don't have much to be mad at them for since I never had any big problems with resets or multiplayer, just hate that I have to do 30k in kills...
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
What this petition should be focussed on is their future endeavors, such as Judgement.Targeting a game that they've already made their money on, is not acomplishing much.You have to speak to them with a language they understand....MONEY!! By not buying their next game,you make a much stronger point.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #7
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fohf View Post
Answer this question: At this point can Epic make money by giving a shit about any of the achievements for Gears 3?

If the answer is "No." then you have your answer as well. I saw the quick decline of their support before Gears:Judgement was even announced. After it was announced it made sense as to way so many issues were left unresolved and all the DLC felt phoned in. They're done with the game, nothing will change for it.
^ x1000

I doubt any petition (no matter how big the support behind it is, or how well written it would be), is going to convince Epic to tinker with mechanics of a game they're pretty much finished with.

And like I've said before, especially for the sake of achievements. Epic has always had the bad reputation for not really caring about the aftermath of achievements, and whether they're really "fair." I'm not trying to flame Epic or anything, but looking back at "Seriously..." and the glitches that it had tied to it, "Annex: Now With Execution Rules" and it's timed playlist, and I could even go as far as saying "A Series of Tubes" because there are some people that just can't host games- you really get the sense that "Socialite" and "Seriously 3.0" are just the SSDD of Gears 3 BS cheevos. o_o

(Truly, I see 1850 in Gears 3 as a completed score sometimes.)

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The only petition that will work is not playing the game at all. Imagine if a game ranking in the top 5 most played online games on Xbox LIVE just about every week since its release just suddenly drops out of the top 20?

That will hurt them a lot more than words on an online petition which every gamer and their dog can sign.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fohf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki54 View Post
What this petition should be focussed on is their future endeavors, such as Judgement.Targeting a game that they've already made their money on, is not acomplishing much.You have to speak to them with a language they understand....MONEY!! By not buying their next game,you make a much stronger point.
^ x 1,000,000,000,000

A petition at this point is the equivalent of shutting the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

DO NOT support any future Epic project whatsoever, even if they put out Shadow Complex 2. That'll speak louder than anything.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
SilentStrike011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBINOX View Post
I'm pissed that we were told by Epic that all the achievements would be obtainable in private mode, and they are not. I'll sign anything you have to let Epic know I'm not happy with them.
Me too.

Nearly got my socialite medal though finally.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishTheDish View Post
^ x 1,000,000,000,000

A petition at this point is the equivalent of shutting the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

DO NOT support any future Epic project whatsoever, even if they put out Shadow Complex 2. That'll speak louder than anything.

I agree. If you try to talk to them on forums or twitter posts can be deleted. The only way they will listen is if you mess with their money. If the pre-orders for Judgement don't come in and it doesn't sell well, that will send the loudest message of all.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Fuck yeah, SIGN ME UP! I'm so fed up with this, just played another game and still got NOTHING, this has gone too far and is unacceptable, players aiming for S 3.0 are screwed and people stuck with just a few more ribbons until they get the achievement they've at least spend 7.5 months on are screwed as well. Personally have 28 events played and if Epic did their job I could've thrown this game in the trashcan 2 weeks ago. You can put my name on the list if you're making one.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
The only petition that will work is not playing the game at all. Imagine if a game ranking in the top 5 most played online games on Xbox LIVE just about every week since its release just suddenly drops out of the top 20?

That will hurt them a lot more than words on an online petition which every gamer and their dog can sign.

^This

I think it wont matter with gears of war 3 but on the other hand with judgement we can hurt sales by not purchasing the game on launch day and/or we don't make any pre-orders. I for one am not going to support epic games again, i am done with the gears of war series. fuck judgement.
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #14
Dallas

Dallasthedude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'd sign a petition. I'm fucking pissed, just because I couldn't afford to purchase this game closer to release, I may never get to finish it??? Really??? WTF!!??
Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #15
TheSilentAssassin

MiserlyPluto459's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I'm on 27/30 and have been for like 2 months. I just wanna get it finished so I can sell it!

^View my profile on Trueachievements.com!^

Completed Games: 52
Proudest 100% 1: Dead Island 1250/1250
Proudest 100% 2: Dead Island Riptide 1000/1000
Proudest 100% 3: Red Dead Redemption 1500/1500

Currently playing/boosting: Red Faction Guerrilla XP, Halo 3 (Legendary, Skulls, terminals), GTA V. Send me a FR on live and/or message if you wanna boost.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
random king007

I know. I've been stuck on 28 for ages, and I haven't missed a single weekend since the ribbons reset. I keep going on every weekeend and nothing happens!
random king007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #17
TheSilentAssassin

MiserlyPluto459's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by random king007 View Post
I know. I've been stuck on 28 for ages, and I haven't missed a single weekend since the ribbons reset. I keep going on every weekeend and nothing happens!
I know, me too. It's fucking annoying. It's been brothers till the end for like a month now!

^View my profile on Trueachievements.com!^

Completed Games: 52
Proudest 100% 1: Dead Island 1250/1250
Proudest 100% 2: Dead Island Riptide 1000/1000
Proudest 100% 3: Red Dead Redemption 1500/1500

Currently playing/boosting: Red Faction Guerrilla XP, Halo 3 (Legendary, Skulls, terminals), GTA V. Send me a FR on live and/or message if you wanna boost.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #18
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
Gears of War multiplayer devs have always been retarded. If l didn't like the story and world so much l would not buy Judgement.

Gears 3 multiplayer broke my gamer-heart.
Eddy FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
PMS Green1Chaos

Send a message via AIM to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via MSN to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to PMS Green1Chaos

Green1Chaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I'd sign the petition as well...I'm sick of the sawed off shot gun being powerful and as for the event ribbon: More events that are not brothers til the end.

"Fifty Thounsand people used to live here.Now It's a ghost town."-Capt. McMillian

https://www.playfire.com/ps3-xbox-pc/8SUJNO
PMS Green1Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
I would sign it for sure.

I got a "judgement is coming" ribbon at the weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a new ribbon? So when they said they couldn't do anymore than 35 it was BS...
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #21
girl poison

Send a message via AIM to girl poison

girl poison's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPabloSmoker View Post
I would sign it for sure.

I got a "judgement is coming" ribbon at the weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a new ribbon? So when they said they couldn't do anymore than 35 it was BS...
They take out older ribbons and replace them with new ones. I think that's the problem with the Socialite medal, people are losing points toward the medal when they cycle a ribbon out to put in a new one.

Also, complaining to Epic won't solve anything because they don't know what they're doing. See the custom matches settings and how some of them have changed over time? It's because they can't add more than eight options at a time, so they have to remove one to put another in. It's really kind of sad.
girl poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
Ahhhh thanks for clearing that up. Still sucks tho!!
I'm on 26/30 now so maybe one day I will get the achievement.

Ps if that's you in your profile pic, you are smokin hot
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #23
CORPSIE19

CORPSIE19's Gamercard
i really hate that you have to play online for alot of the achievements also the damn socialite sometimes dont work and it really sucks i would really like these problems to be fixed
CORPSIE19 is offline   Reply With Quote