PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
iLLMATICxKiNG
 
iLLMATICxKiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 291

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
So this has to be an old build of the game...surely right?

So unfinished it seems. Not smooth, graphics are horrible compared to BF3 portrayed here, it looks better!

But...wow. I was going to buy this, so glad they released a beta. So..unpolished.

It feels like Breach from the XBLA marketplace.
__________________
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, i'll be back in an hour or so.
iLLMATICxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,607

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It will look better when the graphics package is installed just like BF3.
__________________
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
It will look better when the graphics package is installed just like BF3.

ĒI believe we are [including an optional HD texture installation], but I donít know that we can confirm that. We havenít had it confirmed to us.Ē

Are we sure it's actually getting one yet?
__________________

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Venomized
 
Venomized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,630

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Are u kidding me? If they have an HD install, the graphics are still going to be Shit. Bf3 beta had wayyy better graphics. I don't care if this is only a beta, AND no hd package installed, the graphics should be way better than this garbage. The game is even worse than the graphics.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Play Up Pomp3y
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
So you think a company is going to hype a game to hell, make it it's big push for the Christmas sales rush and even release a beta to help ensure its MP is better than last time then release it with graphics worse than its 2 year old prequel?
Not even EA are that dumb surely?
Also, exactly how is the GAME bad? All I've seen is one MP mode, on one map, for one day. Personally I pay my £40 for a single player experience, with MP only being played if its fun and enjoyable. In that respect, the last games SP was good enough to guarantee this was a pre-order for me.
Why CoD/BF/Halo fanboys have to come on here (MoH threads) to tell us how shit the game is is getting a bit tired. Is different, that's all. I'm looking forward to playing in lobbies without over powered vehicles, jet packs and where people try to play the damn objective, not quit out as soon as their K/D ratio starts taking a hit.......

Last edited by Play Up Pomp3y; 10-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
Alvaries
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 36

Alvaries's Gamercard
Can't see why everyone is bashing on the graphics? I don't see a difference between this game and BF3, and it still looks better then CoD. And we've only seen ONE map so far.
Alvaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Sanchezz4387
 
Sanchezz4387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 210

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaries View Post
Can't see why everyone is bashing on the graphics? I don't see a difference between this game and BF3, and it still looks better then CoD. And we've only seen ONE map so far.
If you can't see a difference between this an BF3 I suggest the next time your out and about pop into a local opticians
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Play Up Pomp3y
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchezz4387 View Post
If you can't see a difference between this an BF3 I suggest the next time your out and about pop into a local opticians
I'm pretty sure hes talking about the two betas. Not that you'll care, given you seem to want to go into every thread in this forum to slag the game. Just don't buy it if it's not for you, go throw another £45 at Activisions next yearly rehash.......
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
iLLMATICxKiNG
 
iLLMATICxKiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 291

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
I'm basing my opinion off of the beta's one map, yes. It's not like the other maps will look any better.

The game just seems not smooth in the slightest.
It reminds me a lot of this.

__________________
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, i'll be back in an hour or so.
iLLMATICxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Bajan Elite
Banned User
 
Bajan Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 714

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Everyone has a different perspective on things and how they see them. If one person says the graphics look great don't disrespect them tell them to go see an eye doctor, same when it is the other way around. The build for this game feels good, and looks good enough for me.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
I'm basing my opinion off of the beta's one map, yes. It's not like the other maps will look any better.

The game just seems not smooth in the slightest.
It reminds me a lot of this.

Breach - 1 Minute of Pure Gameplay [HD] - Pixel Enemy - YouTube
That game looks fun as shit.
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
iLLMATICxKiNG
 
iLLMATICxKiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 291

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
That game looks fun as shit.
I thought the same exact thing. The final build seemed not smooth, much like MoH. And the movement was way too slow. Watch how fast he is when he sprints..
__________________
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, i'll be back in an hour or so.
iLLMATICxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
I thought the same exact thing. The final build seemed not smooth, much like MoH. And the movement was way too slow. Watch how fast he is when he sprints..
Is that how slow all classes are in that game, or is it just because he's using an LMG? I know CoD LMG classes are also very slow while sprinting.
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #14
Venomized
 
Venomized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,630

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Up Pomp3y View Post
I'm pretty sure hes talking about the two betas. Not that you'll care, given you seem to want to go into every thread in this forum to slag the game. Just don't buy it if it's not for you, go throw another £45 at Activisions next yearly rehash.......
How did u determine he was talking about the beta? U must have super powers. And that's awful hypocritical of you, goin on about him replying just to bash the game while u ony replied to bash him, by telling him u know what other people think and say. By the way, bf3 beta graphics are better than these ones. Cod 4 graphics are better than this medal of honor. You cannot deny that these graphics suck. Look at ur firetem partners gun in his hands. Looks like paper.

Last edited by Venomized; 10-07-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)




Seriously, am I?
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
iLLMATICxKiNG
 
iLLMATICxKiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 291

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post




Seriously, am I?
Graphics help to make it a good game, yes. It's not ALL I care about.
The movement seems too weird and it all seems unpolished.
__________________
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, i'll be back in an hour or so.
iLLMATICxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
I mak3 big boom
 
I mak3 big boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North carolina
Posts: 915

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Its a beta people. Don't base your opinion of a game off a beta ever.
__________________
Retail No DLC 100%: 18
Retail DLC 100%: 15
Arcade 100%:9
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
Graphics help to make it a good game, yes.
I have to disagree with that. Not because you're wrong, that's your opinion, there's just a ton of games I remember playing games with less than stellar graphics, but I loved the shit out of them. Again, I understand this is an opinion thing, just my two cents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
Its a beta people. Don't base your opinion of a game off a beta ever.
A lot of people in this forum seem to think it's a demo instead of a beta, I've noticed.
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
iLLMATICxKiNG
 
iLLMATICxKiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 291

iLLMATICxKiNG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
I have to disagree with that. Not because you're wrong, that's your opinion, there's just a ton of games I remember playing games with less than stellar graphics, but I loved the shit out of them. Again, I understand this is an opinion thing, just my two cents.
Exactly. I forgot to mention it's just my opinion . Even though I still enjoy games with not the greatest graphics. For me it just all works together like a puzzle. The pieces being gameplay, graphics, mechanics, replayability, etc.
__________________
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow, i'll be back in an hour or so.
iLLMATICxKiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
Exactly. I forgot to mention it's just my opinion . Even though I still enjoy games with not the greatest graphics. For me it just all works together like a puzzle. The pieces being gameplay, graphics, mechanics, replayability, etc.
I get what you mean. Better graphics make a game more enjoyable, for sure.
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 527

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
It HAS to be an early build used in the beta. Because if you notice the footage in the video they're clearrly playing it on xbox and it looks good compared to the beta. Plus the game is on two disc meaning the graphics are probably amped on disc since it's coming on two disc
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
chach7171
 
chach7171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 477

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAGICTRIXIE View Post
It HAS to be an early build used in the beta. Because if you notice the footage in the video they're clearrly playing it on xbox and it looks good compared to the beta. Plus the game is on two disc meaning the graphics are probably amped on disc since it's coming on two disc
Why is this CLEARLY an xbox build for the game? Yes I watched and noticed they said LT for fire actions but that can also easily be a PC rig with an xbox controller. Name 1 game recently that was multi platform that didn't use PC gameplay for the video/advertisement...

I want this game to be awesome and look as slick if not better than B3 also but I'm not falling for advertisements again. I'll wait to see actual console specific footage, not a bait and switch. For as great as B3 does look on xbox they strictly showed PC graphics on all the ads, most decent gamer sites took notice of that and reviewed them completely differently based on this fact.
__________________
If you play Multiplayer with your Kinect on and I am forced to hear it, you should be beaten with your Kinect until your unconscious
chach7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
Yeffrey
Banned User
 
Yeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 234
Why is it in a topic discussion of a game BETA half of you dumbasses dont know what a BETA is even about?

Its an unfinished test version of the game. It is designed to see if the game will basically run on the engine and to find major glitches. It is not the final version with all the bells and whistles and the polish job all games get.

Know the difference and quit whining about something that is basically an early experiment.
Yeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
VVh1pCr3am
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeffrey View Post
Why is it in a topic discussion of a game BETA half of you dumbasses dont know what a BETA is even about?

Its an unfinished test version of the game. It is designed to see if the game will basically run on the engine and to find major glitches. It is not the final version with all the bells and whistles and the polish job all games get.

Know the difference and quit whining about something that is basically an early experiment.
There's a difference between a beta 2 weeks before release and a REAL beta months beforehand. All this was was a glorified demo. A garbage one at that.
VVh1pCr3am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
coullgfx
 
coullgfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 194

RichieC1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
There's a difference between a beta 2 weeks before release and a REAL beta months beforehand. All this was was a glorified demo. A garbage one at that.
Are you really as stupid as you make out?

can you name any beta where the final game was not an improvement?

a beta (especially an xbox one) is an older, small sized portion of the game to test server connectivity etc. Or else it would be called a demo.

They dont give 2 shits about your opinion on gameplay at this stage, its all about how well they can run the game and how easy it is to let people connect and play.

99% of complaints about gameplay will have already been fixed with their in house beta.
coullgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Smoochy
 
Smoochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,001

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coullgfx View Post
Are you really as stupid as you make out?

can you name any beta where the final game was not an improvement?

a beta (especially an xbox one) is an older, small sized portion of the game to test server connectivity etc. Or else it would be called a demo.

They dont give 2 shits about your opinion on gameplay at this stage, its all about how well they can run the game and how easy it is to let people connect and play.

99% of complaints about gameplay will have already been fixed with their in house beta.
Thank you.


Though you'll probably get some replies about how "it was released too close to the full game to be a beta".
__________________
Props to Rosie for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
VVh1pCr3am
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coullgfx View Post
Are you really as stupid as you make out?

can you name any beta where the final game was not an improvement?

a beta (especially an xbox one) is an older, small sized portion of the game to test server connectivity etc. Or else it would be called a demo.

They dont give 2 shits about your opinion on gameplay at this stage, its all about how well they can run the game and how easy it is to let people connect and play.

99% of complaints about gameplay will have already been fixed with their in house beta.
A beta should cover both. If all they wanted to do was test connectivity then they'd release a beta where all you did was join lobbies.
VVh1pCr3am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #28
coullgfx
 
coullgfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 194

RichieC1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
A beta should cover both. If all they wanted to do was test connectivity then they'd release a beta where all you did was join lobbies.
and im sure hundreds of thousands of people would volunteer their time to join lobbies.

NO, they would however do it if they got to play a build of the game, playing the game also tests the servers capabilities to record statistics etc, between your personal profiles and battlelog
coullgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
ColtBlackhawk
 
ColtBlackhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Monroeville, New Jersey
Posts: 5

coltblackhawk's Gamercard
Not looking forward to buying this game.
ColtBlackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
coullgfx
 
coullgfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 194

RichieC1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtBlackhawk View Post
Not looking forward to buying this game.

personally i cant see this coming close to bf3, and call of duty will take up some of my time, due to most of the guys on friends list being fanboys, but personally i am getting this and a £15 t shirt for £28 all in, so £13 for this is worth it even if it onyl lasts a few weeks in terms of multiplayer
coullgfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 AM.