PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Firing a bard?

If you fire the bard in your homestead, can you re-hire them later? My bard is really asking for it, as he keeps singing the Age of Aggression instead of the Age of Oppression. I'm hoping if I fire him and then re-hire him later he'll stop being stupid and sing the right song. You do NOT sing a song praising the Imperials in my house, damn it.

MewMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMew View Post
If you fire the bard in your homestead, can you re-hire them later? My bard is really asking for it, as he keeps singing the Age of Aggression instead of the Age of Oppression. I'm hoping if I fire him and then re-hire him later he'll stop being stupid and sing the right song. You do NOT sing a song praising the Imperials in my house, damn it.
I've never tried this personally. I love my bard. Why not make a save and try it out? Then you can let everyone know how it works out. If it doesn't have favorable results, you can always reload the earlier save before you fired him.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I've never tried this personally. I love my bard. Why not make a save and try it out? Then you can let everyone know how it works out. If it doesn't have favorable results, you can always reload the earlier save before you fired him.
Hadn't thought of that until just before I came to check this. XD I usually love Llewellyn, but apparently he's being slightly glitchy this character. On my other Stormcloak character he sings the right song, but this one he's stuck in the habit of singing Aggression if I don't request anything. If I talk to him, Oppression is the option, but if he just sings on his own it's the other.

It didn't work, though. Fired him, then hired him back, and he's still singing Age of Aggression when left alone to pick songs himself. I really want to have a bard in the house but if he's going to sing that I may have to just fire him. Can't move as the bards for the other two are women, and oh my dear God do they butcher Ragnar the Red. -_-

*quick edit*
Just noticed, if I request Age of Oppression, he STILL sings Age of Aggression. -_- Right dialogue option when I talk to him, but the wrong vocals and subtitles when he sings.

Last edited by MewMew; 10-08-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Hadn't thought of that until just before I came to check this. XD I usually love Llewellyn, but apparently he's being slightly glitchy this character. On my other Stormcloak character he sings the right song, but this one he's stuck in the habit of singing Aggression if I don't request anything. If I talk to him, Oppression is the option, but if he just sings on his own it's the other.

It didn't work, though. Fired him, then hired him back, and he's still singing Age of Aggression when left alone to pick songs himself. I really want to have a bard in the house but if he's going to sing that I may have to just fire him. Can't move as the bards for the other two are women, and oh my dear God do they butcher Ragnar the Red. -_-

*quick edit*
Just noticed, if I request Age of Oppression, he STILL sings Age of Aggression. -_- Right dialogue option when I talk to him, but the wrong vocals and subtitles when he sings.
That's really strange. Have you done the civil war quest line on this character? If you haven't chosen a side yet, then that might be why this is happening. If you have sided with the Stormcloaks and this is still happening, then I guess your bard has different political views than you. Skyrim just got a Hell of a lot more realistic. lol That was meant as a joke. But I do hope you figure out a way to fix it. It's the little things that can bug you the most in massive games like this.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
buggss

Quote:

*quick edit*
Sorry but that's REALLY funny! Talk about a bard with a deathwish...
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
Sorry but that's REALLY funny! Talk about a bard with a deathwish...
XD Yeah. If I thought I could hire back his twin/ghost/whatever I'd try killing him and then hiring a bard again. Probably wouldn't work that way, though. I've joined the Stormcloaks so I don't get why he's singing the other song. Wondering if advancing in the story might help, but the next part of the Civil War questline is the Battle for Whiterun and I really don't want to do that part any time soon. I feel bad that the one farmer guy has to die when you do that part.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
A 7thProduction

A 7thProduction's Gamercard
Quote:
My bard is really asking for it, as he keeps singing the Age of Aggression instead of the Age of Oppression. You do NOT sing a song praising the Imperials in my house, damn it.
Haha! A true imperial! I knew there was a reason I liked him even though he loves to stand on top of my furniture! ^^
Long live the empire!
A 7thProduction is offline   Reply With Quote