PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #31
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeppeBoy View Post
The textures are pretty bad.
Both the menu and gameplay are very clumsy and stiffed.
Spawns are really bad.
The Create-A-Class and country shit is far too complicated.
The red outline on enemies, what the fuck?

The red outline is to show the enemy who killed your fire team buddy, it only last a few seconds but if you kill them quick enough, your buddy will spawn back faster on you and you get bonus xp
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
The red outline is to show the enemy who killed your fire team buddy, it only last a few seconds but if you kill them quick enough, your buddy will spawn back faster on you and you get bonus xp
WTF. Did you download some sort of secret manual? I bet you the game won't even come with a real manual. I won't figure things out until I'm max level and some random tells me during game chat...
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #33
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
its a fucking beta for fuck sakes chill the fuck out.
lol^

What purpose does the releasing of this BETA, serve?

Pre-orders are going to be cancelled, not made.

The average consumer is going to gauge the game SOLELY upon the content available in the BETA. A Public BETA. Think about it. That is where the money's at, the average consumer.

It is counter-productive to release a BETA in this condition, at this moment in time.

I don't care if this is the current build, or a 3 month old build or whatever.
It sucks.

I actually found the original Medal of Honor's BETA to be thoroughly enjoyable (without being stellar). The map and game mode(s) were solid.

I played that BETA for a week straight, maintained my pre-order, and bought the game. Frontline: HD was also included with the PS3 copy, so I (just about) felt I'd got my money's worth.

Business objective number 1; obtaining the consumer's money.

There are, evidently, more than a just a few bugs that aren't going to be fixed in time for release (which is now less than 3 weeks away).

We're looking at a minimum of 5 title updates to get this game anywhere near where it should be in order to compete.

There are better games that have released/are due to release during Q4 2012 / Q1 2013.

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #34
IntersecTT

Send a message via AIM to IntersecTT Send a message via MSN to IntersecTT Send a message via Skype™ to IntersecTT

Renimosity's Gamercard
i dont see this as a beta. i see it as a demo of the full game. it comes out in two weeks, the game is already been done and probably already being shipped to retailers by the end of the week. the game overall is a joke and a complete rip of battlefield.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #35
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntersecTT View Post
i dont see this as a beta. i see it as a demo of the full game. it comes out in two weeks, the game is already been done and probably already being shipped to retailers by the end of the week. the game overall is a joke and a complete rip of battlefield.
I'm sure it has been shipped already, but I'm almost 100% positive this beta is old. This was made well before the game was completed, I'm sure. They're primarily testing the servers (hence why the download was only 1.61 GB, BF3's graphic update was that size).

I highly doubt this is what the game will actually look and play like once it's actually released and you have the full game.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #36
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
I'm sure it has been shipped already, but I'm almost 100% positive this beta is old. This was made well before the game was completed, I'm sure. They're primarily testing the servers (hence why the download was only 1.61 GB, BF3's graphic update was that size).

I highly doubt this is what the game will actually look and play like once it's actually released and you have the full game.

It was the same with BF3 beta, people to seem to forget that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
WTF. Did you download some sort of secret manual? I bet you the game won't even come with a real manual. I won't figure things out until I'm max level and some random tells me during game chat...

No I learned it from watching video interviews and reading preview articles. Plus when your buddy kills your attacker right away, your CO tells you to thank your buddy or he killed them or something like that and you instantly respawn

Last edited by CovertDog; 10-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #37
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post
lol^

The average consumer is going to gauge the game SOLELY upon the content available in the BETA. A Public BETA. Think about it. That is where the money's at, the average consumer.

It is counter-productive to release a BETA in this condition, at this moment in time.

It sucks.

I actually found the original Medal of Honor's BETA to be thoroughly enjoyable (without being stellar). The map and game mode(s) were solid.

I played that BETA for a week straight, maintained my pre-order, and bought the game. Frontline: HD was also included with the PS3 copy, so I (just about) felt I'd got my money's worth.

There are, evidently, more than a just a few bugs that aren't going to be fixed in time for release (which is now less than 3 weeks away).

We're looking at a minimum of 5 title updates to get this game anywhere near where it should be in order to compete.

There are better games that have released/are due to release during Q4 2012 / Q1 2013.
You are absolutely right. This beta helped many people realize it was shit. Pre orders ares gonna be cancelled. I know I am cancelling.mine thanks to this beta. I am actually grateful they came out with a beta. Several of my other friends are all cancelling theirs too. Ea really fucked up, and made a mistake releasing a beta, but thank u ea cause u saved me 70$! I'll get the game when it goes down in price simply for the singleplayer, or rent it. Depends on the reviews
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #38
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

This is ingenious. I'm sure you're right though, they're probably holding back the super amazing, highly polished, game of the year version for release in a couple weeks. Get the fuck real.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #39
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:

Seems legit.

This guy is an expert.

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #40
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Seems legit.

This guy is an expert.
Clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
This is ingenious. I'm sure you're right though, they're probably holding back the super amazing, highly polished, game of the year version for release in a couple weeks. Get the fuck real.
Not sure where I said this will be the game of the year or anything of that sort. I do think this game will look and play better than the beta (or demo, whatever), but I don't think it's going to be anything amazing.

Last edited by Smoochy; 10-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #41
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Up Pomp3y View Post
@Sanchez
You do realise you have seen 1 map and 1 MP gametype, on a beta right?
Just your sweeping opinions seem like you have played through the whole game and finished article!
Not everyone wants every game to be exactly like the biggest selling rival franchise! I pre ordered this on the strength of the brilliant single player campaign in the last one. Yea, the multiplayer wasn't as polished or popular as CoD, but I'm bored of that franchise now tbh, and this is bringing something new, with fire teams and the chance to play as different nations. Also, this is ultimately an Achievement website. MoH achievement list is weighted 70/30 in favour of the SP campaign, which is also about the same weighting for my expectations and excitability for this game. I see MP as an extension of the game, not the damn be all and end all.
I only played operation metro on BF3 and bought it, it was enough to show me what the game was capable of.

If I had played a single player beta for BF3 I wouldn't of bought it it's the worse fps campaign I've ever played

My point, the beta is very indicative of what the final game will be and it's shit. The mechanics are crap and no amount if maps will make that better, yeah the MoH was brilliant but it's not worth paying full price for, I rented it and completed it in 8 hours, I'll do the same with this

Multiplayer isn't just an add on it half of the game parcel and that half is rubbish
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #42
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Clever.

Not sure where I said this will be the game of the year or anything of that sort. I do think this game will look and play better than the beta (or demo, whatever), but I don't think it's going to be anything amazing.
I was exaggerating, you definately didn't say anything about it being game of the year - I just believe we're basically playing what the final product will be like.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #43
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Well I think there may be hope if the beta is an old version, it was the same with the BF3 beta, so many bugs and complaints but the game turned out alright.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I was exaggerating, you definately didn't say anything about it being game of the year - I just believe we're basically playing what the final product will be like.
Ah, my apologies, have a hard time deciphering sarcasm on the internet.

I get what you mean, it doesn't give much hope being that they released a beta three weeks before the game is set to drop. I guess I should say I'm HOPING the full game will be more polished than the beta, but I shouldn't hold my breath, that's for sure.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now, but I very well could be proven wrong on the 23rd.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #45
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post
lol^

It sucks.

you took the words out of my mouth!!! Well typed sir. i feel the same way. Beta was pure shit. Canceled my pre order this am. After the last game burned me wont happen this time!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
Smoochy

Just played a bit more a few minutes ago, and the hit detection was off by a whole lot. Point blank shots with a shotgun wouldn't register, and every bullet I seemed to fire was sponged by the enemy. Aggravated me pretty badly.

I didn't have that issue when I played it on it's release.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #47
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Just played a bit more a few minutes ago, and the hit detection was off by a whole lot. Point blank shots with a shotgun wouldn't register, and every bullet I seemed to fire was sponged by the enemy. Aggravated me pretty badly.

I didn't have that issue when I played it on it's release.
the servers are pretty week at the mo i think, or it could just be the beta? im thinking that this beta has to be pretty old, some people dont run on my screen just slide lol

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #48
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpaul View Post
some people dont run on my screen just slide lol
I noticed that today as well. haha
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #49
warrenpaul

Woz DJ's Gamercard
i agree what you said about the shotguns tho man, i hit a guy today, point blank twice, he killed me :|

warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #50
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeralltime View Post
Ha the "game of the year" they always say that and they can never back it up face it, EA needs to give up on FPS on frostbite 2 i think frostbite 2 could do a lot more in a 3PS,thats just my opinion
lol cod boy again keep wasting your time on a engine that is used over and over again. i bet ur 12. loool.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #51
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpaul View Post
i agree what you said about the shotguns tho man, i hit a guy today, point blank twice, he killed me :|
Hopefully it was just lag or something. I may jump on a bit later and give it another shot.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #52
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Hopefully it was just lag or something. I may jump on a bit later and give it another shot.
the only times I had a problem using the shotgun was when I missed my target, other than that I mostly got kills. When I actually used it.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #53
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I am still getting the full game, but I hope the MP isn't as bad as the beta. lol.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #54
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I thought it was ok, it is a BETA, for a reason. The full version is going to come with a HD texture pack and besides the previews and gameplay videos look amazing.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #55
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Old build of frostbite or not, this beta should come with a video explanation saying " yea we know it looks like ass but we just wanna do a load test on our servers." That's really all you can garner from this beta, you can't fix spawn sites for every map based on 1 maps data, sure hit detection I suppose and weapon power, but is there anything else after that? I remember the days when a DEMO was released that was a decent veritical slice * small snippet of finished gameplay* to advertise what you were trying to sell in your game. As for everyone saying it'll look as good as the videos....YOU DO REALIZE THAT'S JUST A HIGH END PC RIGHT??!! which is another bullshit bait and switch tactic...