PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Watch out for throwdowns...

i just accepted a throwdows in tag arcade(hard) and the game put me back in it... but i was stuck on repeating the last fight again and again until the xbox froze over.. anybody had that bug?

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Wow... i just fought a guy online who is like on auto throw... thats all he does, its like he use a turbo controller for throws... its so sad, first fight i tough he was a noob, i beated him and then fought again, but when i realize i quited, and then i search and get him again i don't want cheap stupid wins like those.. it sucks... its probably a kid who want to unlock titles... sad really

ps : i know, no link to my original post, but didn't felt like doing 2 thread on the same day

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
kdogground2

Send a message via AIM to kdogground2 Send a message via MSN to kdogground2 Send a message via Yahoo to kdogground2 Send a message via Skype™ to kdogground2

kdoggroundtwo's Gamercard
Yes I have recieved the first posts glitch. Was working my way up through the difficulties and think I was on Master difficulty. Beat round 8 and it repeated. Beat it once again and legendary costume tina showed up. I won and it froze D:

The 2nd post won't just be so he can get titles it will be to help other people. The button for throw is also the accept button on the menu so with a turbo controller he can auto fight even when not there so there will be an opponent for people to get wins against. It is quite common on fighting games with online achievments and no one playing.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Yep, I got lucky with Hitomi as every refight earned me a costume. For the others I tried, didn't even give me the one I should have earned.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

I guess for throwdows its not much a problem once you know it, only accept challenge when your going for easy stuff/difficulty. Its just weird a bit tough. I only needed hard to get my achievement for all arcade, somewhat i probably passed it without notice and then i talking to my friend on mic, been doing arcade for a while to unlock stuff, i was kinda tired, so at home point i notice "wtf...i clearly done more than 5 fights" and noticed how the last stage repeated all the time... lol

As for the second post, well if its to help people... thats weird. I mean at first i tough he wanted that title for evading throws or something... but you telling me the guy just auto play like that for people to rack up win... Thats weird, personally i don't want fake wins like this...

And the game is just out since 2 weeks, not like its gonna be empty anytime soon.

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
kdogground2

Send a message via AIM to kdogground2 Send a message via MSN to kdogground2 Send a message via Yahoo to kdogground2 Send a message via Skype™ to kdogground2

it's only been out for 2 weeks but it's not the most active online community either. I am struggling to find opponents on simple and ranked myself. And with Lobby you need to wait in between matches.

In a few weeks if you haven't gotten your 1000 matches you will be relieved to find someone doing it.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

I don't really get it...DOA4 had people for years, sure as time passed by, it seem it was mostly godly japanese doa players... but still.

I notice in simple match you always match people the same level as you.... at least so far they give me F rank to fight.. never had much problem to find a game. Didn't do much rank, but i was able to meet people too. Its just i don't see the point of ranking up now... i rather keep being an F rank and fight lesser opponent in simple matches... I have more fun this way, its not like i win everything, i loose too, but i win more so its more fun.

Lobby matches, i never understood people that like this... unless your super good or you play with friends.. whats the point? People stoped playing execution in GOW for team deathmatch because they hated to wait while being dead, but it seem people love waiting in fighting games...

In Mortal Kombat everybody was in KOTH... it was annoying not being able to challenge anybody... and a lot of the time the room would had been matched fine, but there was always ONE dude that would just beat everybody and screw things up.

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
kdogground2

With simple I search for Anyone of any region. I keep searching and searching. Get about 1 match an hour on a good hour.

Ranked I do the same with Min F, Max S and get the same results. Been doing nothing but online recently and barely past 50 fights. 1000 seems like a distant dream.

Lobby I assume is watching other people play so you know how to handle them. Other than that you might catch a fight between 2 good or even just 2 equaly matched opponents that is fun to watch.

Though for me it's the only way I get a match with any speed in my long treck to 1000 matches.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Usually i find somebody in 15 secs in simple match, yesterday it failed 2 times before finding one but its never more than 15 secs. Also yesterday it seem to lag... didn't understood why, but all the oponents i fough had where laggy, either a bit to "annoyingly lagging" but before yesterday it was all fine.

Also in my previous days i was able to refight the same dude 10 time easily before he leave... it help rack up matches(and wins).

I always put 2 rounds on search for simple matches.

Gears of War Legend