PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
leetabix

leetabix's Gamercard
Release date.

I work for a games retailer and I can tell you, having just received my store operating hours for the next year, we have extra hours in May 2013 for a midnight launch. Having checked other titles there doesn't seem to be anything else out then. Could easily be GTA V.

Hitman: Blood Money, Tomb Raider: Legend, Viva Pinata, Cars, Meet The Robinsons, Madden 06, King Kong, Oblivion, NBA 2K6, Scene It? LCA, NBA Street Homecourt, Avatar, NFS Most Wanted, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Eragon, Open Season, NHL 07, Call of Duty 2, Fifa 06: Road To World Cup, X-Men: The Official Game, NHL 2K6.

200/200 point Live Arcade titles:

Pac-Man CE, Bomberman Live.
leetabix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's just a coincidence.

I would say your store manager knows as much as you and I.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Considering R* latest release calendar may '13 is the release date i have predicted all along.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Fingers crossed on Spring/Summer 2013 that's where my mind is.

Currently Playing: Destiny!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
my_box_72
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetabix View Post
I work for a games retailer and I can tell you, having just received my store operating hours for the next year, we have extra hours in May 2013 for a midnight launch. Having checked other titles there doesn't seem to be anything else out then. Could easily be GTA V.
I highly doubt it !!!
my_box_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_box_72 View Post
I highly doubt it !!!
You might want to go back and check Rockstar's recent releases if you doubt it so much then check back in
Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=528746&st=0

If the signs are legit (which they likely are) this pretty much 100% confirms the may release as far as I'm concerned.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I predict May aswell. Look at the past release dates for GTA games & RDR. All May releases I do believe.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Axel Desade

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadryz View Post
I predict May aswell. Look at the past release dates for GTA games & RDR. All May releases I do believe.
Well, I mean both Red Dead games were released in May, but out of the current GTA games only 4 wasn't released in October. But yes, it does seem as the R* month is May.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Well, I mean both Red Dead games were released in May, but out of the current GTA games only 4 wasn't released in October. But yes, it does seem as the R* month is May.
...and that's only because it was delayed, originally slated for October like the rest. Either way i would rather have the game next May than next October
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Axel Desade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
...and that's only because it was delayed, originally slated for October like the rest. Either way i would rather have the game next May than next October
I brought that point up in the other thread that I mentioned that in :P but yes, better May of next year than October haha.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #12
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Dont just look at Red Dead, LA NOIR and Max Payne 3 were both also released in may. Fact is R* has shareholders to answer to and profits need to flow. They need to keep the big name games coming around the same time every year
Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
Axel Desade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Dont just look at Red Dead, LA NOIR and Max Payne 3 were both also released in may. Fact is R* has shareholders to answer to and profits need to flow. They need to keep the big name games coming around the same time every year
"But yes, it does seem as the R* month is May."
So I mean, I wasn't just looking at those games, but I mentioned them specifically because those are the ones he said.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
iBuzz7S

It was posted on GAME Brighton's official Twitter page, but later removed.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
"Confirmed" Release Date.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...irmed-by-game/

Figured I would post this so we could talk about it. Either way I want some of this now.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Just like I expected, good to see it's finally out there.

Currently Playing: Destiny!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
iBuzz7S

And it's official. Rockstar have made a press release.

Quote:
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 30, 2012-- Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious title in the series to date. Set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and the surrounding area, Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can’t wait to share it with fans."
Beginning November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-order in stores everywhere. For all other information and updates on Grand Theft Auto V including the latest trailers, please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/V/.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Greatest news to hear today even tho it isn't really new news I'm sure most of us knew it was in spring of next year. Now I look forward to them releasing info about the single player. Here's hoping it's better than the previous one in GTA IV.