PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #61
mgftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
Once in a Be A Pro season, you cannot mess with the rosters or stats. You need to edit the rosters BEFORE you create your Be A Pro save. If you have all ready started, then you will need to create a new save. I guess that I should have specified that.

And just save the rosters as a different name so you know which one has been messed with and which is the default (if you never play offline other than for achievements, then don't even worry about making a separate save). If for any reason you mess something up, you can have the roster default back to original (can't remember where the option is).
Ok I understand I think. I messed with the rosters, started a BAP and saved it. Now I can go back to default to fix the rosters for any other modes I want to play offline while I am able to play the BAP with messed up rosters.

I took it a step further than you and switched out all NHL goalies for Euro league goalies, not that its necessary, but I figure why not make the competition a little softer.
mgftp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #62
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide, will definety use it when iget nhl 13 for christmas
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #63
mgftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
Ok I understand I think. I messed with the rosters, started a BAP and saved it. Now I can go back to default to fix the rosters for any other modes I want to play offline while I am able to play the BAP with messed up rosters.

I took it a step further than you and switched out all NHL goalies for Euro league goalies, not that its necessary, but I figure why not make the competition a little softer.

Just for everyone's info this didn't work for me. All the goaltenders on the other NHL teams except for mine reverted back to the stock rosters when I started the BaP. I am not sure if I screwed something up or if that game just prevents this but I figured I'd let people know.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #64
mgftp

Quote:

Another Direction 10
Get traded to another team in Be A Pro with a Created Pro

You can't request a trade in your first Be A Pro season. The coach will basically tell you that a washing machine is worth more than your trade value. So after you play through a season to get some of the other trophies, sign a new contract (preferably the smallest cap hit so you are easier to trade) and simulate to the start of the regular season. You can now request a trade. You will still need to play some games to keep your point production up. I had to make it almost halfway through the season before I finally got traded. The first time I got traded, the achievement didn't unlock so I had t try again (and if you get demoted to the AHL, then get traded, it doesn't unlock either).

Same as you I got no unlock with my trade.... just requested a trade with my new team, we will see what happens.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #65
mgftp

Quote:
Same as you I got no unlock with my trade.... just requested a trade with my new team, we will see what happens.
This is ridiculous, I have been traded 4 times, no achievement.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #66
mgftp

Quote:
This is ridiculous, I have been traded 4 times, no achievement.
make it 5, I give up for now... FU EA!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #67
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Did you try on a different save? I forgot to add to the guide that it didn't unlock until I did it again on a new Be A Pro save. So my advice would to try it again after doing a season for Vezina or Selke.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #68
mgftp

Quote:
Did you try on a different save? I forgot to add to the guide that it didn't unlock until I did it again on a new Be A Pro save. So my advice would to try it again after doing a season for Vezina or Selke.
You mean a new save slot? I am on my 3rd since the initial trade.

Hadn't played another version of BaP in-between though if that's what you mean.

I just loaded up my goalie BaP and played a bit, tomorrow I will go back and see if I can sim to another trade if you think that might work.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #69
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
A completely different Be A Pro career(not an older save because that didn't work for me). So you would have to make it through 1 season before being able to request a trade. Thats why I said you might as well just try it when you are doing one of the other Be A Pro achievements.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #70
mgftp

Quote:
A completely different Be A Pro career(not an older save because that didn't work for me). So you would have to make it through 1 season before being able to request a trade. Thats why I said you might as well just try it when you are doing one of the other Be A Pro achievements.
ok I gotcha, I'll try it with me Vezina BaP if I ever complete that, and I need to make up another for the Selke trophy so I can give a shot with that too.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #71
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
I'm hoping I can get the Selke trophy on my first playthrough. I'm third in takeaways as a Power Forward and I am not far behind from Crosby and Datsyuk. I keep adding attributes to the ones mentioned to put them on. So hopefully as I get closer to the end of the season it'll work. I'm just playing through each 3rd period of every game so I can get takeaways and it seems to be working. So hopefully all I'll have left is the Norris and Vezina achievements.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #72
mgftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptbackFlame View Post
I'm hoping I can get the Selke trophy on my first playthrough. I'm third in takeaways as a Power Forward and I am not far behind from Crosby and Datsyuk. I keep adding attributes to the ones mentioned to put them on. So hopefully as I get closer to the end of the season it'll work. I'm just playing through each 3rd period of every game so I can get takeaways and it seems to be working. So hopefully all I'll have left is the Norris and Vezina achievements.
why power forward instead of two way forward?

has anyone gotten the selke in their first season?

Last edited by mgftp; 09-27-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #73
SweptbackFlame

It's just my fav type of player. If it doesn't work I'll do 2-way forward after.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #74
mgftp

Quote:
It's just my fav type of player. If it doesn't work I'll do 2-way forward after.
Well let us know if it works.

What are you doing to get your takeaways? Seems like regardless of if I poke it lose or use the body to get it loose then take possession it doesnt always seem to count as a takeaway.

Last edited by mgftp; 09-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #75
alainb

Sir Marty Mart's Gamercard
Call in the ringer can be done in local coop. I've unlocked it that way.
alainb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #76
SweptbackFlame

Quote:
Well let us know if it works.

What are you doing to get your takeaways? Seems like regardless of if I poke it lose or use the body to get it loose then take possession it doesnt always seem to count as a takeaway.
Stick lift. You have to do it while he is going along the boards towards the defensive zone (Your Team). That's where I mostly catch them.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #77
Peelman

PainIsGod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainb View Post
Awesome! I'll have to try this later. I tried for the achievement last night with someone on here, but didn't get it. For some reason he got it and I didn't.
Peelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #78
mgftp

Quote:
Stick lift. You have to do it while he is going along the boards towards the defensive zone (Your Team). That's where I mostly catch them.
Interesting, I must need some more speed and acceleration on my guy, I can very rarely get close enough to stick lift before the player gets rid of the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainb View Post
This worked for me. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #79
SweptbackFlame

Quote:
Interesting, I must need some more speed and acceleration on my guy, I can very rarely get close enough to stick lift before the player gets rid of the puck..
Yeah I have high acceleration and Speed on my guy somewhere in the high 90's once I got them to that (Got there pretty quick with skater boosts), I put everything on strength, stick checking, shot blocking, def awareness and hand eye.

Most of the time, the player will try to go around behind the net while being pressured by a defender, just swoop in and either poke check or stick lift to take it away.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #80
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
What does it take to get traded? I'm currently in my 3rd season as an offensive defenseman for the Vancouver Canucks. I'm an 85 overall and I am leading the league in scoring, yet my GM still tells me that I'm not worth more than a washing machine. What is up with that?
Dark Umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #81
SweptbackFlame

Finish your third season after you sign a new contract and see what happens?...
Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #82
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
Alright, so I finished my third season and signed a new contract with the Red Wings. I waited until the regular season and then requested a trade. The GM said that he's disappointed and that he can't trade me until my I prove my value. So I work my way up to the first line and then request a trade again. He promptly gives me the washing machine line and then demotes me. I seriously don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm now near the trade deadline and he still calls me worthless.

How have you guys been able to get traded?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #83
SweptbackFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Umbra View Post
Alright, so I finished my third season and signed a new contract with the Red Wings. I waited until the regular season and then requested a trade. The GM said that he's disappointed and that he can't trade me until my I prove my value. So I work my way up to the first line and then request a trade again. He promptly gives me the washing machine line and then demotes me. I seriously don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm now near the trade deadline and he still calls me worthless.

How have you guys been able to get traded?
I don't know what to tell you man, cause I have yet to come across that road. Right now I'm an 84 overall 1st line center as a Power Forward, I'm not asking to be traded during this season. I will most likely ask to be traded next season so I'll see how it goes after.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #84
Dark Umbra

Dark Umbra93's Gamercard
Alright, so after getting my legend card with my offensive defenseman and still being compared to a washing machine by my GM, I realized that the trade request feature is glitched. If you request a trade in your first season (like I did), it glitches out the feature and will always give you the washing machine line throughout the rest of your career, regardless of your stats.

So I decided to give it one last shot and get the Vezina trophy achievement at the same time. I created a goalie and spent my first season getting the Vezina. I made sure not to press the request trade button. After the season was over and the next started, I requested a trade. The GM told me I need to prove myself, blah, blah, blah so I work my way through the season, getting good stats. Around the end of November, I request a trade again and he says he'll put me on the trade block. At this point, I became hopeful, but my hopes were quickly turned into frustration as the trade deadline passed and I did not get traded. I re-loaded my save from the end of November and tried it again 2 more times to no avail. I even tried finishing the season, starting the third, and requesting a trade again, but my GM just decides that he does not want to trade me.

I give up. The 10 GS this achievement offers is not worth the frustration it forces you to go through. EA kept boasting about how they finally included this feature in Be A Pro and it ends up being broken anyways. Well done EA, top quality work as always.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #85
mgftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Umbra View Post
Alright, so after getting my legend card with my offensive defenseman and still being compared to a washing machine by my GM, I realized that the trade request feature is glitched. If you request a trade in your first season (like I did), it glitches out the feature and will always give you the washing machine line throughout the rest of your career, regardless of your stats.

So I decided to give it one last shot and get the Vezina trophy achievement at the same time. I created a goalie and spent my first season getting the Vezina. I made sure not to press the request trade button. After the season was over and the next started, I requested a trade. The GM told me I need to prove myself, blah, blah, blah so I work my way through the season, getting good stats. Around the end of November, I request a trade again and he says he'll put me on the trade block. At this point, I became hopeful, but my hopes were quickly turned into frustration as the trade deadline passed and I did not get traded. I re-loaded my save from the end of November and tried it again 2 more times to no avail. I even tried finishing the season, starting the third, and requesting a trade again, but my GM just decides that he does not want to trade me.

I give up. The 10 GS this achievement offers is not worth the frustration it forces you to go through. EA kept boasting about how they finally included this feature in Be A Pro and it ends up being broken anyways. Well done EA, top quality work as always.

I have been traded 7 times with no achievement unlock.... ugh

I decided to just play through as my Goalie and TWF for those achievements and try it with them hoping it works.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #86
SweptbackFlame

I just won the SELKE TROPHY as a Power Forward on my first season.

Finished 3rd in Takeaways with 117. First in +/- with +228.

162 Goals and 122 assists.

Take note that I played all games in the 3rd period to help with takeaways like I said go for poke checks when he is going around the back of the net in your zone so cut him off and you should get a takeaway, stick lifts work too.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #87
mgftp

Quote:
I just won the SELKE TROPHY as a Power Forward on my first season.

Finished 3rd in Takeaways with 117. First in +/- with +228.

162 Goals and 122 assists.

Take note that I played all games in the 3rd period to help with takeaways like I said go for poke checks when he is going around the back of the net in your zone so cut him off and you should get a takeaway, stick lifts work too.
What position did you play?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #88
mgftp

I am #1 in the league in points, +/-, and takeaways yet it ranks me 8th in the running for the Selke. wtfman?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #89
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Quote:
I am #1 in the league in points, +/-, and takeaways yet it ranks me 8th in the running for the Selke. wtfman?
These ranking makes no sense. This really is just a luck achievement.

Last edited by acdougla17; 11-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #90
mgftp

Quote:
There ranking makes no sense. This really is just a luck achievement.
Thanks for the response, I guess there is always next season, by then my guy will be a 99 overall. .... I love achievements and love getting tough ones but hate wasting time on ones like this with no logic behind them.

Last edited by mgftp; 11-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.