PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #541
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
oh boo hoo, i dont even know why your bringing this up MS can hardly be blamed for a bug in their service after a crash , 99% of the time it runs without problem and they didnt stall the DLC because of the bug the bug caused them to wait for it and they had it up at the earliest possible time
I was really being optimistic. I hope nothing happens and I'm hoping that LIVE will be running smoothly during the time for the update and that nothing goes wrong. Being a much bigger title update than say a DLC for Trials, this would probably have a higher priority given how many people are excited for it.

Good example was the live stream I was watching, over 400 thousand viewers just to see some early gameplay of the update. You know that number is much higher and also would be higher than the amount of those anticipated for the Trials DLC.

But I'm just spitballing.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #542
Prof Boom

Prof BOOM's Gamercard
I can't wait for this update to come. Hopefully only 5 days till it comes around, I just need one achievement and I got them all for this game.. It is annoying. But will be my first arcade game complete! But this update should make the game feel better, since the computer versions update is the one I got use too.

Acheievement Milestone
2000th Acheievement - 8.12.2013 - Dead Space 2 - Skewered in Space 15
Gamerscore Milestone
40002 Gamerscore - 8.14.2013 - Midnight Club: LA - Unicycle 20
Prof Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #543
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Boom View Post
I can't wait for this update to come. Hopefully only 5 days till it comes around, I just need one achievement and I got them all for this game.. It is annoying. But will be my first arcade game complete! But this update should make the game feel better, since the computer versions update is the one I got use too.
Which achievement is it? If you're planning on getting it in creative mode, apparently achievements are going to be disabled for worlds that's been played in creative... I may be wrong
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #544
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You're correct. Creative mode once enabled will disable the achievements.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #545
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
You're correct. Creative mode once enabled will disable the achievements.
Just on that world right? New worlds should still be fine.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #546
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Unless you open up creative mode and save on your new world.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #547
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
yeah new world that are purely survival are still fine, they are just trying to make sure people dont use creative to get them
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #548
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Basically, any world that has had Creative Mode activate at any point during its existence will get a little digital mark in the programming that shuts off the ability to get achievements.

So if you end up going to Creative in all your worlds you will have to make a new one to get achievements.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #549
Genetix

Quick Question..

I just started a new world for the fun of it to keep me entertained whilst we're all waiting for the new update and it's actually one of the best seeds I've come across. It's almost perfect for everything I want to do when the new update comes out, but I'm obviously not going to stick around on it when the new update comes out so I was wondering if I noted down the world seed and then used is when creating a new world IN the 1.8.2 update, will that world still exist and will it be exactly the same apart from the things the 1.8.2 update brings such as NPC villages and Strongholds etc?
Genetix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #550
DecadentBeaver

It should add strongholds and villages, although we would need confirmation on this.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #551
Nevander

Thing is I think with new versions of the game at least on PC, the seed generation was changed so one seed that looked a certain way on 1.6 or so would look different in 1.8. If you want to do creative on that seed, make sure you have the world saved before the update. You won't have the new seed generation features (ravines, mine shafts, villages) but you will still have the awesome seed.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #552
DecadentBeaver

My world gargamel, has been fully explored above and below ground, so I'm starting a new world once the update is out to take advantage of the new additions.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #553
Mister Spraggsy

Spraggsy's Gamercard
Quote:
My world gargamel, has been fully explored above and below ground, so I'm starting a new world once the update is out to take advantage of the new additions.
Same here there's some stuff underground I haven't explored yet but I have plenty of resources not to bother digging anymore.

GTA V funny videos and more
www.youtube.com/BilbeyHD

Last Gen Reflection
Favourite Game: Fallout 3
Favourite Series: Mass Effect
Favourite Multiplayer: Gears of War 2
Mister Spraggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #554
Terra Branford

I may be wrong, here... but I think the change in Biome generation from 1.6.6 Beta and 1.7.3 Beta to 1.8.x will actually generate different SEEDs, than what you'd expect.

So I'd make a "fresh" copy of your world, and leave it 98% unexplored (as in, create the new world, let it generate chunks... and save... and then leave the world after you save, and don't return to it, until the update.

...and even then, it might not factor in the generations of structures... so who knows. Just don't be shocked if your favorite SEEDs no longer work with this update. I know mine won't (already experienced that on the PC side of the fence).
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #555
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Spraggsy View Post
Same here there's some stuff underground I haven't explored yet but I have plenty of resources not to bother digging anymore.
I started my main world on gargamel on 1st June, and had explored it by the time the fixed the clay bug, hence why I have no brick blocks in my world. Been waiting for Creative to sort that one out.

Once the new update drops, and changes all the seeds, I'm going to see what gargamel looks like. Might be completely different. Either way, I'm startin a new world from scratch to take full advantage of the update and will likely go on survival and use creative on gargamel. This wait is almost unbearable.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #556
RDrules

its the same as you having to change the world you play on for new features, anytime the world generation is updated the seeds change so no your old seeds wont work
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #557
DecadentBeaver

Yeah I know, but I guess I worded it wrong. What I mean is, if I start a new world using the gargamel seed, will the way the world looks be exactly the same as before the update, or will terrain generation be completely different. Strongholds and NPC villages aside of course.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #558
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Does anyone know what the new controls layout will be? Sprint, flying, etc...
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #559
RDrules

Quote:
Yeah I know, but I guess I worded it wrong. What I mean is, if I start a new world using the gargamel seed, will the way the world looks be exactly the same as before the update, or will terrain generation be completely different. Strongholds and NPC villages aside of course.
it will be completely different just making small changes to the world generator completely changes seeds
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #560
DecadentBeaver

Appreantly clicking LS will toggle running, and using the d-pad will change the camera view. As for flying, I'm not sure what button that is.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #561
The Phoenix 097

The phoenix 097's Gamercard
For flying, you double-tap "A". Then you hold "A" to go higher and if i remember correctly, clicking and holding right thumbstick will make you go lower.
The Phoenix 097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #562
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix 097 View Post
For flying, you double-tap "A". Then you hold "A" to go higher and if i remember correctly, clicking and holding right thumbstick will make you go lower.
would make sense as thats what the controls are on PC, jump twice to start flying then jump to ascend and crouch to descend
Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #563
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Total Miner handles flying in it's creative mode quite easily, Minecraft shouldn't have any problems.

They could also take a few cues from Total Miner (better map system, objects in left hand tools in right). Not that they ever would, but they could.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #564
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Appreantly clicking LS will toggle running, and using the d-pad will change the camera view. As for flying, I'm not sure what button that is.
Nope, they decided to leave the camera in the left stick button still. To run, you double push forward on the left stick instead.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #565
The Phoenix 097

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
would make sense as thats what the controls are on PC, jump twice to start flying then jump to ascend and crouch to descend
I aint just saying, thats what it is. Just check the live stream they did of 1.8.2, its on youtube. At the end they do creative mode and explain some of the controls.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #566
Nevander

I wish the flying was like Halo's forge or CoD's spectator where you just aim in the direction to go up or down and such.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #567
The Phoenix 097

0:41:30 is creative mode.
0:43:09 "to fly double tap A, hold A to go higher"
0:43:42 "push in the blablabla"

Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #568
Templar Baggins

::sigh::

It's official - I have zero interest in playing until creative comes out I jumped on my main world and just started blowing up buildings and stuff. Then exited without saving. Knowing what's around the corner, it just doesn't feel fun anymore at the moment.

Anyone else feel this way?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #569
Templar Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix 097 View Post
Minecraft Xbox 360 1.8.2 - Gameplay Livestream (Zombie Flesh,Enderman,Creative Mode And More) - YouTube

0:41:30 is creative mode.
0:43:09 "to fly double tap A, hold A to go higher"
0:43:42 "push in the blablabla"

still can't stand watching this dumbass and her sidekick.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #570
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Anyone else feel this way?
100%.

Playing without creative and without the new survival features just feels pointless knowing that this is coming very soon.

I wish they'd give us a definite date because surely they know when it will drop by now. Maybe someone should try 4J twitter again?