Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
kylerweaver

Qu1nlan's Gamercard
Ghost, Shadow, and Clean Hands glitched

These three achievements are all glitched for me, and I've seen a couple of similar reports around. I've completed all 9 missions with both checkmarks (no kills, no detections), and I got rid of all the key targets through non-lethal means. Still no achievements. Anybody else gotten them? Hopefully the devs will hear stories and release a simple patch.

100% (no DLC)
Brink, Dante's Inferno, LA Noire, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil 5, Sleeping Dogs

Need to Boost:

Blur (multiplayer), Guitar Hero WT (4 player), Perfect Dark (challenges).
kylerweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
Zeppelin 856

xXKILL CREEKXx's Gamercard
This would severely piss me off if that happened. I saw a couple other people posting about the same problem. Did you check your stats at the end of each mission to see if you alerted or killed anybody?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Mostly Flesh and Steal, Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow all popped for me just fine.

What did you do for the Slackjaw/Granny quest in Chapter 7? That seems to be what screws people out of an achievement from what I've seen. You need to just pickpocket Granny and skip that part entirely if you didn't on your run through, and see if that works.

Replaying missions also apparently voids clean hands (at least possibly), so maybe that's it too.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 10-11-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Mostly Flesh and Steal, Clean Hands, Ghost, and Shadow all popped for me just fine.

What did you do for the Slackjaw/Granny quest in Chapter 7? That seems to be what screws people out of an achievement from what I've seen. You need to just pickpocket Granny and skip that part entirely if you didn't on your run through, and see if that works.

Replaying missions also apparently voids clean hands (at least possibly), so maybe that's it too.
What if you just skip Granny completely?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
What if you just skip Granny completely?
Can you? I was under the impression you needed the gate key from her so you can proceed passed the locked gate by Slackjaw's Thug.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Can you? I was under the impression you needed the gate key from her so you can proceed passed the locked gate by Slackjaw's Thug.
I don't know just started the last chapter so, guess i'll find out~
Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
kylerweaver

Qu1nlan's Gamercard
I pickpocketed Granny Rags and ran past, though she did see me. No killing was done. I did replay chapters as well - on the mission select screen, all the stats pages read "no kills" and "no sightings".

100% (no DLC)
Brink, Dante's Inferno, LA Noire, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil 5, Sleeping Dogs

Need to Boost:

Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
TheBiohazard187

TheBiohazard187's Gamercard
I never had granny or slackjaw when i got to that part, but all mine popped in one go. Clean hands, shadow, ghost and mostly flesh and steel first run... Time for the rape everything run now.
TheBiohazard187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well my game just got patched, so if you didn't actually screw up somehow without noticing, maybe the patch will help you.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
xstealthgruntx8

Is that true that replaying voids the clean hands achievement? I've had to replay some levels because I beat them, and when it shows the stats it tells me I've killed people when I haven't touched a single person.
xstealthgruntx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
TheDeceiver35

TheDeceiver35's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstealthgruntx8 View Post
Is that true that replaying voids the clean hands achievement? I've had to replay some levels because I beat them, and when it shows the stats it tells me I've killed people when I haven't touched a single person.
That is what the feedback has generally been so far, so to be safe I wouldn't replay any levels from the menu. Use savegames instead.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Does anybody know if you can go back and replay missions to get these achievements. Obviously not the Flesh and Steel one, but maybe the other achievements? Like if I failed to ghost or accidently killed someone can I go back, replay the mission successfully, and still get the achievement?
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Deadly Krueger

Deadly Krueger's Gamercard
I used the "Mission Select" screen and still got clean hands.

Sadly though, I've gone through twice and not alerted anyone or killed anyone and still no Ghost or Shadow achievement
Deadly Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #14
PROF4NE

PROF4NE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
Does anybody know if you can go back and replay missions to get these achievements. Obviously not the Flesh and Steel one, but maybe the other achievements? Like if I failed to ghost or accidently killed someone can I go back, replay the mission successfully, and still get the achievement?
As far as I know by what I've been reading on here is that it all has to be done in one run. No replays or going back afterwards. But maybe it's different now as the guy 2 posts above said he just got an update, maybe they patched all the glitches and what not.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
IOnEI Falcon

So I got the two checkmarks at the end of the last mission I did but it said one body was found. Is that alright?
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROF4NE View Post
As far as I know by what I've been reading on here is that it all has to be done in one run. No replays or going back afterwards. But maybe it's different now as the guy 2 posts above said he just got an update, maybe they patched all the glitches and what not.
That would be ridiculously lame if you can't go back and redo it. I figured that if the game doesn't have some sort of way to track your progress during a mission, to see if you've messed up or not, that at the very least you'd be allowed to go back and try again. Especially since this game seems shady at best when it comes to couting the Ghost checkmark. I had 2 different levels where I was never seen (since I reload every save where it's even questionable if I was seen or not) and I didn't get it.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #17
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
I just finished a mission and it says I killed one hostile even though I don't believe I did! Will replaying void Clean Hands then? Should I go back to a previous save?

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
PROF4NE

PROF4NE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
That would be ridiculously lame if you can't go back and redo it. I figured that if the game doesn't have some sort of way to track your progress during a mission, to see if you've messed up or not, that at the very least you'd be allowed to go back and try again. Especially since this game seems shady at best when it comes to couting the Ghost checkmark. I had 2 different levels where I was never seen (since I reload every save where it's even questionable if I was seen or not) and I didn't get it.
It is pretty stupid but like i said, it could be fixed now that there was apparently an update.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
PROF4NE

PROF4NE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantus View Post
I just finished a mission and it says I killed one hostile even though I don't believe I did! Will replaying void Clean Hands then? Should I go back to a previous save?
Yes. Replaying has been known to void it. I would definitely reload a previous save.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROF4NE View Post
Yes. Replaying has been known to void it. I would definitely reload a previous save.
Damn. Reloading now.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
kylerweaver

Qu1nlan's Gamercard
I just put in the game, and it didn't update. Still glitched if replaying missions.

100% (no DLC)

Need to Boost:

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
Prime Inertia

Stellar Inertia's Gamercard
So it says for Ghost and Shadow "all missions AFTER the prologue". The prologue is just escaping the prison correct? So I could kill all I please during the prison, and then after the prison just kill Key Targets and never be seen?
Prime Inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #23
Minioger

Minioger's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I never saw Slackjaw or Granny. I rode the train to the exit, blinked off of it, took out the whale oil powering the wall of light and walked out the exit.

Achievements popped fine for me!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #24
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

For the record, there is no update/patch. I've been playing online since release day and there was an initial release day patch but there have been none since then.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #25
kylerweaver

Qu1nlan's Gamercard
Today I played through with a new save, simply reloading whenever I was spotted. I can confirm that all three achievements did unlock for me, and it's mission select that voids them. Apparently the achievement to collect the Sokolov paintings is under the same restrictions.

100% (no DLC)

Need to Boost:

Old 10-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #26
Ravenok

Ravenok's Gamercard
I guess I'm in the "Replay Mission" glitch crowd. I didn't even actually replay the mission; I accidentally killed someone at the end of a mission without realizing it (tranq'd a rooftop assassin), and when I saw the post-mission report, I didn't want to continue, so I hit "Replay Mission" in order to load my game and not let that happen.

Aside from that incident, I ended every mission with no kills, so I'm pretty frustrated that Clean Hands didn't pop. All of the others did, including Shadow and Mostly Flesh and Steel. There's no way I'm going no kills on my next playthrough, so this seems like the only achievement that I will miss now .
Ravenok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
This has been discussed.
You CANNOT replay missions via Mission Select.

If the mission stat show something wrong and you don't know what it was, press X to replay immediately. NO going back.

You don't have to do any side missions.

The thing is you the game is pretty much like Fallout.
One game save contains all the stat.
The game does not have a general stat of everything you got.
You have to do it all in one save.
If you replay missions, it loads up the game AND stat up to that point.
So after you finished that mission, you got Clean Hands and everything up to that point, NOT every missions.

It is NOT glitched. Just how the game works. Kinda requires you to do it in one go.
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Another thing. DON'T KILL the assassins in the prologue.
Just block (don't even attack)and let time passes.
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #29
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
Damn it? You can't shoot the assassins at the start? I just got through playing the prologue and I've screwed it up already!?!

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #30
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
Haha oh man, just wait until someone unlocks the achievements after using the mission select option. Then we'll be back to square one!

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote