Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Granny Rags question *spoilers*

Hello ladies and gentleman. Im attempting a Very Hard, no kills, no alerts playthrough and I have already completed the mission in question without killing or alerting anyone, but I still need to know what could be done differently.

Here come the spoilers...

I was escaping the grasp of Daud, and on my way threw the sewers I met up, once again, with Granny Rags. She had Slackjaw shackled and screaming for help. Above her was what looked like a whale, but that's just a description of the area/part I'm referring to.
The issue I have, or question rather, is there a way to save Slackjaw, and not kill Granny Rags, and for that matter get the key without killing Slackjaw. I dealt with the situation by level 2 pause time, snatched the key, and yet she was still upset with me, and locked the outer door from where I entered. However that lock was unlocked by the key I just snatched. This was after several attempts, as I really wanted to save Slackjaw, because well, lets face it, I couldn't have dealt with a certain target non-lethally if it weren't for him. Even though I did something for him, in order to have that done, I still felt I at least ought to save his live. Also, can anyone confirm or bust whether or not ridding the world of Granny Rags is an act of killing, or something else? Meaning could I have done so, and still get mission stat of no kills?

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
lordfiSh

King fiShiz's Gamercard
Steal the Key from her and run
lordfiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Honestly, you could just make a separate save to come back to later and run through all of this and not worry about it. Granny and Slackjaw are not required to complete the Sewers. Just keep going straight after meeting the Thug and you'll find your way out.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Devils Bayou

Devils Bayou's Gamercard
I am on my 1st play thru and I can not find painting #3 in level 7...there is no marker for granny or the other dude...please help...i am doing the no kills and no alerts, so far 1-6 I am good but I cant find the last painting
Devils Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
PowerPyx

The last painting is missable. You cannot reach it if you didn't do Granny's side quests in Mission 2 (the path will be blocked and you have to go through the sewers directly without getting the key from her).

If you missed her side quests then the entire game needs to be replayed from scratch. Just going back to mission 2 and helping granny won't be enough. The game won't recognize the changes if you do it via mission select.
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
Honestly, you could just make a separate save to come back to later and run through all of this and not worry about it. Granny and Slackjaw are not required to complete the Sewers. Just keep going straight after meeting the Thug and you'll find your way out.
That door is locked and requires the key from granny, assuming you have done all the side missions up to this point.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Go through the sewers to that point, when it starts, dont agree to help either of them and simply shoot granny with a sleep dart which will cause her to turn into the rat swarm. Burn her thing in the furnace then finish it by shooting her with a sleep dart instead of killing her one last time

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
Devils Bayou

Devils Bayou's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
The last painting is missable. You cannot reach it if you didn't do Granny's side quests in Mission 2 (the path will be blocked and you have to go through the sewers directly without getting the key from her).

If you missed her side quests then the entire game needs to be replayed from scratch. Just going back to mission 2 and helping granny won't be enough. The game won't recognize the changes if you do it via mission select.
Thanks for the info...I am planning to do all the side quests on my 2nd play thru....I appriciate your quick feedback.
Devils Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #9
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giptuc View Post
Go through the sewers to that point, when it starts, dont agree to help either of them and simply shoot granny with a sleep dart which will cause her to turn into the rat swarm. Burn her thing in the furnace then finish it by shooting her with a sleep dart instead of killing her one last time
Thanks very much. I figured there had to be a way of doing this. Sadly I beat the game and was unable to save Slackjaw, however I like to assume granny rags never found someone to help, and just let him go :P

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote