PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 4: Around Every Corner
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
PG_MaxPayne

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th33Troop33r View Post
It was for a locker with a video cassette in it
Ah ok I got that. Wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
PG_MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #62
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
you might not be, but somebody here is sure to, so man terrible theories thrown around this board and i can't see how a massive group of zombies (that we already know was following us) would be a cop out in a zombie game
Truth.

Bahaha.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #63
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
what i dont understand is, i see ppl get bit then later they turn, but i remember Ben said in episode 2 that the bite doesnt make u turn. Only when u die then u turn, but duck got bitten and he still turned and now lees been bitten n soon he will turn too. So what did the makers of the game make a mistake or am i missing something?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #64
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
what i dont understand is, i see ppl get bit then later they turn, but i remember Ben said in episode 2 that the bite doesnt make u turn. Only when u die then u turn, but duck got bitten and he still turned and now lees been bitten n soon he will turn too. So what did the makers of the game make a mistake or am i missing something?
You're missing the fact that a bite eventually kills you. It It gives you an extremely high fever that you inevitably succumb to. After that you turn. So the bite isn't what does it exactly but it speeds up the process by killing you.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #65
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
You're missing the fact that a bite eventually kills you. It It gives you an extremely high fever that you inevitably succumb to. After that you turn. So the bite isn't what does it exactly but it speeds up the process by killing you.
that makes alot of sense, u sound kinda like a doctor lol. OMG im so stupid, iv watched so many zombie movies and they always said if u get bitten you will turn. But it was always the infection of the virus that the zombies carried, but in this one its more realistic. thats pretty interesting, and thanks for replying so fast, it just bothered me for a while, thanks DOC lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #66
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
that makes alot of sense, u sound kinda like a doctor lol. OMG im so stupid, iv watched so many zombie movies and they always said if u get bitten you will turn. But it was always the infection of the virus that the zombies carried, but in this one its more realistic. thats pretty interesting, and thanks for replying so fast, it just bothered me for a while, thanks DOC lol.
No prob and no, I'm not a doctor I'm a baby lol
If you think about it, traditional zombie movies followed the same trend. The big difference is that the zombies carried the infection, not the case in The Walking Dead universe. Still though, it was never the bite that made people turn, it was always the infection that reanimated the body after the person died. Only in TWD's case, everyone is already infected.
"You know..."
Old 10-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #67
FuzzMan3000

fuzzman3000's Gamercard
I saved Ben, even though he's responsible for everything that has happened, I wouldn't want his blood on my hands. Also Clem would of probably hated Lee if I let him die.

Kenny is a prick, I've sided with him throughout the whole game and he still gives Lee shit. Fighting him on the train and getting in his face when he was drunk on whiskey, fuck that guy!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #68
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Dunno if you've seen the show or read the books but they explain that everyone in the world is already infected. It's what the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick end of season 1.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #69
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Didn't someone turn in the game despite not being bite in one of the other episodes? But yeah the show/books revealed they all have the infection anyways.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #70
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skode View Post
Seems the vast majority of the players saved Ben... after Carley/Doug, Chuck, Duck and Brie - people STILL saved his ass
I dropped Ben like the sack of shit that he is!
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #71
Dj ayresey

dj ayresey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMan3000 View Post
I saved Ben, even though he's responsible for everything that has happened, I wouldn't want his blood on my hands. Also Clem would of probably hated Lee if I let him die.

Kenny is a prick, I've sided with him throughout the whole game and he still gives Lee shit. Fighting him on the train and getting in his face when he was drunk on whiskey, fuck that guy!
Exactly what I thought, I did everything to be on Kenny's side and at the end he says something like 'all you've done is look out for yourself you haven't cared about anyone else...' He can fuck himself which is what my response was he's a dick and he's the only one that stayed behind out of all four of them, oh well he can go off alone and hopefully die somewhere
Dj ayresey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #72
Skode

Skode's Gamercard
Guess im one of the few who had Kennys back throughout the game... he was all on seeing me drop Ben and even after showing him the bit on my arm on asking for help he said along the lines of "of course ill come help, youve always been a friend to me". Almost everyone ive seen online had to prompt him with the "clem is family" dialogue option.

As for Vernon and why he buggered off... he was climbing out of the windo and asked "you guys didnt come here by the railroads by chance did you". Most speculate he saw the approaching horde and as such took his friends and scarpered but personally as this should not have effected him in the hidey hole they had i think he instead saw a big ass fire spreading towards them which was initially caused by Lee dropping the blow torch gas tank to try and burn the zombie horde... after all you can hide from zombies underground but there is no escaping mass fire.
Skode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #73
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skode View Post
Guess im one of the few who had Kennys back throughout the game... he was all on seeing me drop Ben and even after showing him the bit on my arm on asking for help he said along the lines of "of course ill come help, youve always been a friend to me". Almost everyone ive seen online had to prompt him with the "clem is family" dialogue option.
Pretty much this for me as well. Kenny was my buddy for all 4 episodes, there's no way he wouldn't help me out.
"You know..."
Old 10-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #74
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
Quote:

The bite doesn't give you a fever. The infected wound gives you a fever.

Remember in the world of "The Walking Dead" everyone is infected with the disease. I've always thought that the title is more a taunt at the fact that everyone who is alive is actually still a zombie technically. Not just that the dead come back to life.

Also judging from the size of the wound on Lee's arm... Omid is still more of a prime candidate for zombification than Lee. Even with antibiotics Omid's wound is much worse both in placement and severity. Omid has already reopened his wound by simply walking. While Lee's bite is in a spot where less stress will be applied in fight or flight situations.
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #75
Dj ayresey

dj ayresey's Gamercard
Quote:
Pretty much this for me as well. Kenny was my buddy for all 4 episodes, there's no way he wouldn't help me out.
That's what annoyed me so much when I had also been by his side in nearly everything the group did but oh well I'm guessing the story won't change much without him being there, we'll probably save Clementine and then Lee will sacrifice himself to save the rest, shame he got bitten though.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #76
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

I'm kinda disappointed in the choices I made this episode. Looking back I should have let Ben die. I shoulda chose different things to say to Kenny. Only Ben is coming with me to look for Clem & I had to tell him to come. I also wish I would have revealed the bite on my arm..

I've tried to get along with Kenny since Episode 1... He just doesn't seem to like or agree with me. Kinda find that annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #77
Dj ayresey

dj ayresey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
I've tried to get along with Kenny since Episode 1... He just doesn't seem to like or agree with me. Kinda find that annoying.
Exactly, I think I'm going to replay the whole lot sometime and make sure I disagree with Kenny, he's a bellend.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #78
Play Up Pomp3y

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
About Ben, I saved him time and time again, then he doesn't come with me at the end? What an ass. The only reason I saved him was because he was so young, but he's Defo had his 9 lives. If anyone did get him to follow, what choices did they make? The only thing I think I could have done to upset him was telling him to go ahead and tell Kenny his secret if he wanted, rather than shut him up?

Last edited by Play Up Pomp3y; 10-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #79
MasterSparky

mastersparky's Gamercard
Everyones coming with me!! Kenny nearly didn't but I showed him who's boss and he's now following like a little lost puppy. Episode 5 im ready!!!

MasterSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #80
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
fuck Kenny. he's a bitch. i sided with him on shit that made sense but when he was being a little bitch i told him what was what. he even LOOKS annoying. i wish i had a chance to kill him off...would've taken it. can't stand his redneck ass "i know everything & i'm gonna do things my way" attitude.

as for Ben, i don't know why, but i saved him. even after seeing him fuck up so many times, for some reason i saved him. i actually regret that decision. i believe the only reason i did it was because Clementine took a liking to him. but what does she know? she's an idiot who, instead of listening to logic, went behind my back trying to find her parents by talking to some weirdo on the walkie talkie & not telling me about it. sure...she's a kid & Lee's not her father, but after looking after her for so long, wouldn't u think she'd have enough sense to at least mention "hey, i've been talking to this weirdo guy who says he can help me find my parents...what do u think?" of course not. she's 8 years old & very gullible.

i personally wish i had fucked Kenny up when he got an attitude with me while he was drunk. i mean i felt bad for the guy cause his wife committed suicide & i had him kill his kid, but the motherfucker has serious issues & i'm not one to stand for that shit in life, nevermind a video game. so of course i cursed his ass the fuck out when it was time to look for Clem. didn't give a shit how he felt about it either. fuck Kenny.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #81
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I let Ben die as well, but damm...Lee getting bit sucks. I was seriously standing there with my hand over my mouth. That and Carley dying were the two most shocking things that happened. Greatest game...ever.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #82
GAThrawn

GAThrawnMIA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
thats exactly why Kirkman titled the series Walking Dead. its a clever title that actually DOESNT refer to the zombies. the survivors are the walking dead. because its only a matter of time until they all die.
And for anyone who hasn't read the original comics (and you really should because they really are great), this is Rick the main protagonist from the comics as he comes to that exact realization:

GAThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #83
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Should have chopped off his hand

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote