PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #1171
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
And it's understandable why you'd ban people that aren't posting replies that are 'on topic', no? (Probably yet another good reason to do so on the Epic forums.)
Banning people for a single off topic reply? Yes, that's completely normal. By the way, what's the weather like on your planet??? You can't honestly say this cunt should be allowed to make a Halo Bulletin all about corn dogs then ban people who comment that they don't like corn dogs or ask why there was no actual Halo info in the HALO Bulletin. We got banned on Waypoint for whining about the broken credit cap demanding answers too earlier this year. I've heard the same of people bitching about the ribbon issue on Gears. They don't care that they broke their game with that bullshit achievement. I fucking hate people that defend such ass clowns. There always has to be one of you.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1172
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Banning people for a single off topic reply? Yes, that's completely normal. By the way, what's the weather like on your planet??? You can't honestly say this cunt should be allowed to make a Halo Bulletin all about corn dogs then ban people who comment that they don't like corn dogs or ask why there was no actual Halo info in the HALO Bulletin. We got banned on Waypoint for whining about the broken credit cap demanding answers too earlier this year. I've heard the same of people bitching about the ribbon issue on Gears. They don't care that they broke their game with that bullshit achievement. I fucking hate people that defend such ass clowns. There always has to be one of you.
Depending on the severity of the post, yes- I agree that it's very possible to ban someone based off of one off-topic post. The ribbon issue has tons of threads, and they're not closed if you submit them in the correct sub-forum; even though I highly doubt Epic will ever do anything about the issue. Ad hominem towards me now, great progression you're making.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #1173
mrmonkeykrap

mrmonkykrap's Gamercard
Once again I play alone and 2 guys come in against me on koth. oh well i'll give it a blast. another guy joins....oh joy someone to back me up..was i wrong..he joins their team. another guy joins..2 on 3...oh no...4 on 1..fuck that
mrmonkeykrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #1174
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
Force Multiplier that cheevo is a F' Joke.
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #1175
LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL's Gamercard
Quote:
Considering how graciously you word your posts, it's no wonder you get banned from those places. Stop confusing swearing for wit.

Anyway, my complaints on what needs to be changed by the time Judgment rolls around:

The Retro's accuracy and handling needs to be nerf'd- I don't expect Epic to actually listen to what is probably the community's biggest complaint with Gears 3, but the Retro is far too accurate and easy to handle for a gun with so much power. It desperately needs to be nerf'd, but I think reducing the power would make the gun obsolete; after all, why use a gun that is basically an inaccurate, regular Lancer? So my solution is make the gun slightly more inaccurate (increase cross hair size a bit), and make it much more difficult to handle when firing full auto. This will basically force most people to treat the gun as a short range weapon only, which I think would be enough of a solution for me.
The Gnasher's active reload is too powerful- I would never voice this opinion on a place like EPIC's forums because I know it would be like talking to a brick wall. The community seems to be convinced that the Gnasher is absolutely perfect in every possible way, and while I agree that it's a fantastic weapon (I've Onyx'd it twice after all), I still think the active reload gives it too big of an advantage in a fire fight. Personally, I would like it if only gave a very small damage boost and increased reload speed.
Removal of stopping power- Some people like it, some people don't. I don't like it at all.

Those are honestly my only major complaints, as I really have no problem with the Sawed-Off.

Seriously 3.0

Unlocked 9/1/2012

LifeMakesMeLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #1176
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeMakesMeLOL View Post
Removal of stopping power- Some people like it, some people don't. I don't like it at all.
Yes, another issue with the game... It's so stupid I don't even understand the logic behind it. I started a topic on it on the Epic forum before I got banned because I said they were lazy with the ribbon/event thing, and these are the usual replies I got; "dooddee just play the old skool list man, no stopping powerrrr...", YEAH, thanks asshole, shame I hate the 2 gametypes it covers... then someone else posted a gif with some trollface or something, then another douchebag commented on it and before I knew it, the two were openly talking about real life stuff, with each of their posts ending with "<3" so I'm guessing theyre a couple IRL or something, I dont give two shits either way, because my thread got closed because of them. This happens every time someone starts a serious topic about a problem, I'm starting to think that there are mods in disguise working for Epic, trolling serious threads on purpose so that they have a good reason to close the threads...
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #1177
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
Its really stupid that i need FoN DLC if i want The Versus Sampler Platter achievement.

Gonna be 820/1750 for me. Not wasting my time on Seriously or Socialite achievement.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #1178
T 1 G 3 R 5

T 1 G 3 R 5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreSoldier View Post
Force Multiplier that cheevo is a F' Joke.
Yeah, I know I'm trying to get it but it's very hard.
T 1 G 3 R 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #1179
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaska95 View Post
Its really stupid that i need FoN DLC if i want The Versus Sampler Platter achievement.

Gonna be 820/1750 for me. Not wasting my time on Seriously or Socialite achievement.
Hmmmm, never gave that thought. O_o

Since they switched CTL with Guardian over to the public playlists now you actually need the FoN DLC to complete a retail cheevo.

Wow, GG Epic.

Last edited by Hagane; 09-22-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #1180
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Recently started playing gow 3 online. trying to get my Socialite cheevo and comes to find out the events calander is no longer available wtf is that shit about epic. they always find some way to screw up their games one way or another
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #1181
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
So usually I don't bitch about other people playing Versus because I KNOW that not everyone is good at it, and that connection is a big factor online, but Christ; it really seems like I get all the drunk or just plain textbook "stupid" Leaders on Guardian.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU RUSH INTO THE FIELD LIKE YOU HAVE JUGGERNOG OR SOMETHING?! WHY?! It clearly states "YOU ARE THE LEADER" at the of your screen every single time that you are in said position... -_-

First matches of the night, I get the those great experiences on Quick Guardian. First one on Jacinto, our Leader goes towards the Digger and picks it up; he's gibbed less than fifteen seconds into the round. I died next to him, because I foolishly tried to "cover him" somehow.

Next up in Anvil, same thing; Leader rushes over all alone from the bottom towards the Torque- he sees three enemies, and still goes into the Gnasher berserk. He gets downed obviously, and you can guess the rest.

Really, really gets to me how the Gears matchmaking system works. Or if it even does. (So yeah, first two games of Gears and I get the bottom of the canister as teammates!) Then again, I've no idea why Epic changed the Leader system in Gears 3 either, and that might be the biggest contributing factor in this argument; since those poor bastards probably didn't even want to be the Leader.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #1182
Viper187

Quote:
So usually I don't bitch about other people playing Versus because I KNOW that not everyone is good at it, and that connection is a big factor online, but Christ; it really seems like I get all the drunk or just plain textbook "stupid" Leaders on Guardian.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU RUSH INTO THE FIELD LIKE YOU HAVE JUGGERNOG OR SOMETHING?! WHY?! It clearly states "YOU ARE THE LEADER" at the of your screen every single time that you are in said position... -_-
Well, part of the problem could be that psychotic achievement for the leader to actually get 10 kills. Some people are just stupid though. I really don't understand how these games can justify matching really good players with those who barely play the game. It's just like Reach. I've searched for a match in multi-team with a guy that's Inheritor with 2 Onyx arena seasons, and we get matched with Recruits. HELLO!? Handicap match, anyone? Don't get me wrong, I like 0wning noobs as much as the next guy, but it's not real fair when you're the noob.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1183
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, part of the problem could be that psychotic achievement for the leader to actually get 10 kills. Some people are just stupid though. I really don't understand how these games can justify matching really good players with those who barely play the game. It's just like Reach. I've searched for a match in multi-team with a guy that's Inheritor with 2 Onyx arena seasons, and we get matched with Recruits. HELLO!? Handicap match, anyone? Don't get me wrong, I like 0wning noobs as much as the next guy, but it's not real fair when you're the noob.
lol, Again thanks Epic! xD (I swear sometimes I truly think Quinn DelHoyo is the guy responsible for the downfall of Gears...)

Though that was kinda the point of the "Casual" playlist, but I suppose that still doesn't get rid of the stupid cheevo. Most people probably don;t even realize it's only doable on FoN maps! (lol)

Matchmaking is definitely BS on Gears, always has been since Social games were implemented. (You could literally match a complete rookie, with someone who's maxed out their level multiple times- a white rank with a lvl 400. Real nice "TrueSkill" system there.)

Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #1184
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
lol, Again thanks Epic! xD (I swear sometimes I truly think Quinn DelHoyo is the guy responsible for the downfall of Gears...)

Though that was kinda the point of the "Casual" playlist, but I suppose that still doesn't get rid of the stupid cheevo. Most people probably don;t even realize it's only doable on FoN maps! (lol)

Matchmaking is definitely BS on Gears, always has been since Social games were implemented. (You could literally match a complete rookie, with someone who's maxed out their level multiple times- a white rank with a lvl 400. Real nice "TrueSkill" system there.)
I certainly didn't realize it at first... I remember killing 10 enemies on Hotel as leader and not getting the achievement... Imagine how pissed I was -.- Only got 8 kills as leader on a FoN map at most sadly enough, but in the same round the leader on the other team got 10 kills (on Raven Down...) so I wasn't very happy, I downed 2 of his bots and before I knew it my own bots executed my downs before they even hit the ground, right after that I got killed by a frag...

And yes the matchmaking system is complete bullshit, sometimes I get into a team full of reds blues and greens and the enemy team has 3 people in the white ranks...

On another note; TODAY should have been the day I got my last event ribbon but thanks to Epic not updating the event (what the fuck is up with that, so tired of this...) I'm still at 28/30 waiting for the new event so I get my 29th ribbon... I hope Judgement gets boycotted, this is unacceptable and inexcusable, Epic doesn't give 2 fucks about both the normal Gears fans and the large completionist crowd out there waiting for this nightmare to be over....

Last edited by Tortyreus; 09-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #1185
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
On another note; TODAY should have been the day I got my last event ribbon but thanks to Epic not updating the event (what the fuck is up with that, so tired of this...) I'm still at 28/30 waiting for the new event so I get my 29th ribbon... I hope Judgement gets boycotted, this is unacceptable and inexcusable, Epic doesn't give 2 fucks about both the normal Gears fans and the large completionist crowd out there waiting for this nightmare to be over....
Totally agree about Epic not caring about the people that support them the most. They've gone to the "attract more new customers, over veteran fans" side of developing. :/

Judgment is going to be hit or miss to the core, people are going to love it and swarm in- or it's going to bomb the last few Gearhead fans Epic has left. (And seriously, I really doubt that even Unreal Tournament is going to attract another following like that. Much less something like BulletStorm.)

Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #1186
Viper187

Quote:
Totally agree about Epic not caring about the people that support them the most. They've gone to the "attract more new customers, over veteran fans" side of developing. :/

Judgment is going to be hit or miss to the core, people are going to love it and swarm in- or it's going to bomb the last few Gearhead fans Epic has left. (And seriously, I really doubt that even Unreal Tournament is going to attract another following like that. Much less something like BulletStorm.)
I don't know how people can play versus on these Gears games anyway. What's wrong with a normal deathmatch that runs to X number of kills instead of watching some goddamn try-hard evade around for a full 5 minutes while the rest of the team is dead? Am I the only one that sees the stupidity there?

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 10-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #1187
SpyTip

Smooth Wrecker's Gamercard
Two words to put it plain and simple. FUCK EPIC
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #1188
dusty125

TheviusRacoonus's Gamercard
Just saying, I'm a white rank still (Level 89), and usually one of the top player in the match (with greens, reds, blues, and 400's). Rank doesn't determine skill. Time put into the game does. Granted skill ranks you up faster, but you shouldn't immediately judge someone's skill based off their rank.
dusty125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #1189
lazy zombie

l lazy zombie l's Gamercard

can i complain that ive got over a dozen posts and still cant edit my profile? i didnt spam them either
lazy zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #1190
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy zombie View Post
can i complain that ive got over a dozen posts and still cant edit my profile? i didnt spam them either
This is the Gears of War 3 bitching thread, not the Xbox 360 achievements.org bitching thread, so no, you can't complain about that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty125 View Post
Just saying, I'm a white rank still (Level 89), and usually one of the top player in the match (with greens, reds, blues, and 400's). Rank doesn't determine skill. Time put into the game does. Granted skill ranks you up faster, but you shouldn't immediately judge someone's skill based off their rank.
Actually rank does determine skill, up to a certain point. A blue rank will probably have way more experience then a white rank with the maps, weapon positions and seeing as the blue rank has played longer then the white rank he is more likely to have more skills then the white rank. This is of course not always true because Epic still hasn't fixed the reset issue which means that a lvl 400 could be playing as a lvl 20 white, but still, usually it means that the higher the rank the better the skill, not always though, but in general it doe

Last edited by Tortyreus; 10-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #1191
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know how people can play versus on these Gears games anyway. What's wrong with a normal deathmatch that runs to X number of kills instead of watching some goddamn try-hard evade around for a full 5 minutes while the rest of the team is dead? Am I the only one that sees the stupidity there?
I see your point, but this type of gameplay is exactly what Team Deathmatch brought- or even Gears 3 itself. Gears used to be a "squad-based shooter" where you used to win by using teamwork or tactics that involved more than one person thinking he was god in-game, unfortunately now most people don't play like that and Epic has embraced it.
Personally I loved Gears Versus because it had it's own niche at one point, now it really just feels like any other shooter. :/

Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #1192
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
I see your point, but this type of gameplay is exactly what Team Deathmatch brought- or even Gears 3 itself. Gears used to be a "squad-based shooter" where you used to win by using teamwork or tactics that involved more than one person thinking he was god in-game, unfortunately now most people don't play like that and Epic has embraced it.
Personally I loved Gears Versus because it had it's own niche at one point, now it really just feels like any other shooter. :/
This is the reason I only play Guardian, because there's at least some skill and tactics involved and mindless rushing won't get you very far. Of course, many players don't know that and instead of protecting the Leader or going after the enemy Leader with teammates, they decide to kill other pawns instead of helping winning. (this can be compared to all the people that (in KoTH) instead of going after the ring they decide to just kill a bunch of people that aren't anywhere near the ring anyway.

Although, it is very annoying when there's one guy left against the entire enemy team that has unlimited spawns at that point, decides to wall-bounce through the map, picking up every weapon he can just to end up killing nobody... That happens a lot on Guardian, but I think it does so on TDM as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #1193
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The Lambent Berserker will NOT show up EVER..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #1194
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Well now that Clifford's gone... I really think Gears is either going to wrap up with Judgment or it's truly going to go to shit.

First Fergusson, then the PCF director, now Cliff- so we're left with people like DelHoyo to make the future Gears decisions.

Was a hell of a franchise guys, great while it lasted. (The reason why I bought a 360 in the first place.)

Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #1195
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Well now that Clifford's gone... I really think Gears is either going to wrap up with Judgment or it's truly going to go to shit.

First Fergusson, then the PCF director, now Cliff- so we're left with people like DelHoyo to make the future Gears decisions.

Was a hell of a franchise guys, great while it lasted. (The reason why I bought a 360 in the first place.)
Maybe Cliff had an epiphany where he got to experience Gears of War 3 from the eyes of its fans and became so terrified over what a huge failure the game has become that he decided to jump ship :O

In all seriousness though, I do think that it's rather sad although not surprising. My hatred towards Gears 3 MP and the lack of support for events can't keep me from loving the first 2 campaigns and that special feel of Gears of War 1, and I even enjoyed the Gears 3 campaign more then I would like to admit the first time I played it...
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #1196
LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL's Gamercard
Quote:
Have to strongly disagree with this one. I LOVE the way Gears does TDM because it makes it possible to win even with bad players on your team. I play with two of my other friends who are pretty good at Gears every week or so, and if our respawns get depleted we can often still win the round by playing smart and picking off their players one by one. Great fun.

But I do agree that it's annoying when the last guy on your team hides when the other team has like 5 respawns left. 9 times out of 10 they're going to lose and end up just wasting everybody's time, but that's not really EPIC's fault...

Seriously 3.0

Unlocked 9/1/2012

LifeMakesMeLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1197
DeceptiveJunk

DeceptiveJunk's Gamercard
I'm just tired of every Gears game just barely failing to hit that "great" standard. Gears 3 could be such an amazing game but I feel like they take such obvious shortcuts. Pair that with their inability to address player concerns and it seems like this series can never be truly "great".

I never played Gears 1 much so I can't speak for that.

Gears 2 had some absolutely amazing maps but the damn host advantage and over-emphasis on the gnasher made this an extremely difficult game for beginners. Not to mention all the glitched level resets (I was reset at level 97 and almost curb stomped my 360)

Gears 3 has 'meh' maps in my opinion. The retro lancer is a huge problem that will never be addressed. Also, no Beast DLC? Why?
DeceptiveJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #1198
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I find it amusing that apologists like Crobuh are trying to argue with people.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #1199
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Wait... After 3 weeks I finally got a new ribbon, but now I have another problem... WE'RE BACK ON HOSTS ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Really?!!! In less then 2 hours of playing today the Host disconnected 4 times! The last time (had me rage quitting...) was Guardian, Raven Down.. Both teams 2 points, and my team had full lives yet and their final guy was downed, and the second he gets downed, he quits, and HE WAS THE HOST... Next round 2 people on my team left too, ended up with a bot Leader and they got a Player Leader, we got killed and lost the game. What the fuck is that? Is it really true, we're back on hosts? During certain games I noticed a massive increase in Lag as well, depending on host... Thanks Epic, 1 step forward 2 steps back, as always.. Glad I'm done after next Friday anyway..
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #1200
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
Wait... After 3 weeks I finally got a new ribbon, but now I have another problem... WE'RE BACK ON HOSTS ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Really?!!! In less then 2 hours of playing today the Host disconnected 4 times! The last time (had me rage quitting...) was Guardian, Raven Down.. Both teams 2 points, and my team had full lives yet and their final guy was downed, and the second he gets downed, he quits, and HE WAS THE HOST... Next round 2 people on my team left too, ended up with a bot Leader and they got a Player Leader, we got killed and lost the game. What the fuck is that? Is it really true, we're back on hosts? During certain games I noticed a massive increase in Lag as well, depending on host... Thanks Epic, 1 step forward 2 steps back, as always.. Glad I'm done after next Friday anyway..
Been awhile now hehe. xD

I think since Fenix Rising all the none-DLC playlists are P2P, you need to have the Versus DLC to play on servers. (When they're not "under maintenance"!)