PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #601
Porta1980

Porta1980's Gamercard
I have both pc and Xbox versions and I have the opposite opinion to everyone else who has the pc version. I think the world size is the pc versions biggest fault. They are just far too big the Xbox version worlds are far better.
Porta1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #602
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
how can the world be too big?
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #603
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
how can the world be too big?
bigger size = more to load = more lag i guess
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #604
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
That guy in the red shirt and glasses looks a bit sarcastic... lol.

The skin pack looks good though. Skeleton! I'm sold.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #605
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Whilst 1024x1024 is a decent size, I find that I'm left wanting a little bit more. Its not too small, but could be bigger, allowing for more impressive projects to be built on the xbox. If they never increase the world size, I won't be complaining though.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #606
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

I've never had a problem with the world size. I like knowing the world well enough that I don't need signs or a map to know where I'm going.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

Last edited by JeremyVersion1; 10-12-2012 at 09:05 PM.
JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #607
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
skin pack 3:

this ones for you burnout
Sweet!! I'm sold!!
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #608
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
no, the world is only loaded up to your render distance in single player and a 64 block radius on multiplayer on PC so the world size doesnt effect lag at all

i honestly cant see a reason why a world would be able to be too big since theres absolutely nothing forcing you to have visited it all
Old 10-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #609
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
4J started work on the next Minecraft update as soon as they handed over the 1.8.2 build to Microsoft a week ago.

Also, sounds like Minecraft Skin Pack 3 will have some Half Life 2 Skins like Gordon Freeman or an Overwatch Soldier in it.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #610
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
This conversation happens a lot. There is a debate about whether it's a memory problem or a loading problem. It's actually a little of both' basically the answer is this isn't the BIGGEST they could make the maps but it's a convent size since it's the size of a map.

The whole explanation is long and complicated and I'm honestly done talking about it. They haven't confirmed it but at this point it's a pretty good call that they aren't intending to increase the map size anytime soon.

The map size works fine anyway, there aren't THAT many new structures in the 1.8.2 update so it shouldn't cause to many issues.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #611
Templar Baggins

TEMPLAR BAGGINS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary200 View Post
4J started work on the next Minecraft update as soon as they handed over the 1.8.2 build to Microsoft a week ago.
Nice! Now that the huge update is done, this one shouldn't take nearly as long Hope they bring forward the jungle biome.
Templar Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #612
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar Baggins View Post
Nice! Now that the huge update is done, this one shouldn't take nearly as long Hope they bring forward the jungle biome.
The next update leaps to 1.2.3 so there are going to be PLENTY of changes. Way more than this time around actually.

I'm still trying to compile a complete least for the front page of this thread.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #613
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
This conversation happens a lot. There is a debate about whether it's a memory problem or a loading problem. It's actually a little of both' basically the answer is this isn't the BIGGEST they could make the maps but it's a convent size since it's the size of a map.

The whole explanation is long and complicated and I'm honestly done talking about it. They haven't confirmed it but at this point it's a pretty good call that they aren't intending to increase the map size anytime soon.

The map size works fine anyway, there aren't THAT many new structures in the 1.8.2 update so it shouldn't cause to many issues.
hes talking about the pc version though and with the way the pc game works there are no memory problems associated with the size of the world asince no matter how much you have viseted previously the same amount is always loaded, it just loads and deloads chunks as you walk around that is how the achieved the near infinite worlds they have.

as for structures, the number of them isnt a problem imo just the placement, on pc strongholds for example cant spawn within the area around spawn equal to the size of the 360 map, i cant remember numbers off hand but they only spawn a thousand blocks or so out to make them hard to find also they are huge they can spawn 2/300 blocks squared
Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #614
DecadentBeaver

Wow, 2/300 blocks squared!? Them strongholds are huge! Seeing as we won't be getting them, I'll make my own.

So next update will be 1.2.3? Interesting. If we keep getting more updates after that, does that mean we will reach update 1.8 again? Lol. Either way, having the jungle biome will be fun. More the better in my opinion. But I can happily wait for it, as the new update is just round the corner.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #615
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Wow, 2/300 blocks squared!? Them strongholds are huge! Seeing as we won't be getting them, I'll make my own.

So next update will be 1.2.3? Interesting. If we keep getting more updates after that, does that mean we will reach update 1.8 again? Lol. Either way, having the jungle biome will be fun. More the better in my opinion. But I can happily wait for it, as the new update is just round the corner.
strongholds are in 1.8 they just dont get the end portal until the next update i just dont know how they are going to work on 360 since they cant be done the way the pc does

as for updates after 1.2.3 they have confirmed that there will be more updates but they may not be the same as the PC ones as they will have fulfilled their contracted obligation as far as those go so may spin off to their own thing.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #616
DecadentBeaver

So update 1.2.3 is the last exact PC update we will get then? Interesting. Wonder what we will get after that? At least we can guarantee what we will get for one more update at least.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #617
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
So update 1.2.3 is the last exact PC update we will get then? Interesting. Wonder what we will get after that? At least we can guarantee what we will get for one more update at least.
its the last one they have to do if they felt like it they could still do 1.3.1 and the pretty-scary updates but they have said that they are looking at taking it a different direction to suit the console market whatever that means
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #618
Porta1980

Porta1980's Gamercard
Quote:
its the last one they have to do if they felt like it they could still do 1.3.1 and the pretty-scary updates but they have said that they are looking at taking it a different direction to suit the console market whatever that means
The reason the pc world is too big is because everything is just too far spaced out. You can hav a single biome that is far bigger than the Xbox map in total I once crossed an ocean biome that was 2500 blocks wide and that is small in comparison to some. I'll admit the Xbox map is a little too small but there is no point in the pc worlds being so big. Unless you are on a public server with thousands of people obviously that would need to be bigger.
Porta1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #619
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porta1980 View Post
The reason the pc world is too big is because everything is just too far spaced out. You can hav a single biome that is far bigger than the Xbox map in total I once crossed an ocean biome that was 2500 blocks wide and that is small in comparison to some. I'll admit the Xbox map is a little too small but there is no point in the pc worlds being so big. Unless you are on a public server with thousands of people obviously that would need to be bigger.
they use the same map generation and seeds so biomes will be that size on the xbox to

honestly i dont get it because you dont have to travel it theres no benefit to it just something for those that like to
Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #620
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Really hoping the update drops on Tuesday. Pretty much from Wednesday onwards I will be occupied by other games...

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #621
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
hes talking about the pc version though and with the way the pc game works there are no memory problems associated with the size of the world asince no matter how much you have viseted previously the same amount is always loaded, it just loads and deloads chunks as you walk around that is how the achieved the near infinite worlds they have.

as for structures, the number of them isnt a problem imo just the placement, on pc strongholds for example cant spawn within the area around spawn equal to the size of the 360 map, i cant remember numbers off hand but they only spawn a thousand blocks or so out to make them hard to find also they are huge they can spawn 2/300 blocks squared
As mentioned before I've really heard enough about this particular debate.

Either way I do no claim to be a computer expert and have no wish to get into the details. All that matters to me is that they aren't increasing the map size for the 1.8.2 and aren't likely to increase it for the 1.2.3 update.

It would be nice if we had the choice to make a larger map or possibly to merge existing maps but for now the current map size is perfectly fine.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #622
quickhhh

General E Quick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
My guess is that the update will be out either Tuesday or Wednesday. At lease that's what I'm hoping for.
quickhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #623
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhhh View Post
My guess is that the update will be out either Tuesday or Wednesday. At lease that's what I'm hoping for.
I prefer not to get, which is why there is such a wide range. Though if I have to give a day I'd probably say the 18th, Thursday.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #624
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
I prefer not to get, which is why there is such a wide range. Though if I have to give a day I'd probably say the 18th, Thursday.
Yeah but new releases and DLC usually come out Tuesday, and although this is a bit different (it being an update) I wouldn't be surprised if it also came out this Tuesday (along with the Borderlands 2 DLC ).
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #625
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
Yeah but new releases and DLC usually come out Tuesday, and although this is a bit different (it being an update) I wouldn't be surprised if it also came out this Tuesday (along with the Borderlands 2 DLC ).
Wait is that the new character DLC? Been waiting for that.

I'm basing my guess on when certification is bound to end. I don't really see it ending tomorrow so it probably won't be out on Tuesday. Of course it's well within the realm of being possible though!

I hope that won't mean they specifically wait to release it until the NEXT Tuesday. That would be just mean.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #626
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
So, I been loading up Minecraft each morning seeing if the update's out. Checked this morning... 'Disconnected from xbox live, an update is available'

:O

Game updates, nothings changed.

Forgot i cleared cache yesterday cos my console was being ubber slow. Megalolz.
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #627
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Wouldn't that throw the world off it's axis and make the sun rise in the east and set in the west?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kierons316 View Post
So, I been loading up Minecraft each morning seeing if the update's out. Checked this morning... 'Disconnected from xbox live, an update is available'

So we both failed together then lol. I'm hoping for this week for the update release. Xbox UK facebook page has said nothing so far. I'll be keeping my eye on there just in case they mention anything.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #628
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they will warn us a day in advance before uploading the update.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #629
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
They didn't warn us about the last one a day in advance didn't they? I just remember my brother coming downstairs when I got back from work all 'THE UPDATE IS OUT!' when 1.7.3 was here.

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #630
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:

LOL Whoops

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote