PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Natanji

Natanji's Gamercard
Online ranked achievements boosting: GREAT trick found!

Okay today Gatsu, Septic (, another guy not from here I think) and me found out something absolutely awesome for obtaining the online ranked achievements. As you all know, these are like very, very hard to get and take an insane amount of time. Even when winning all the races, stunts and derbies, as one of them takes ~5 minutes all the time, you'd have to play for over six hours straight - not counting in the two minutes that you lose just by loading times, looking for a match again, getting everybody ready and so on. So it's an optimistic value, and only goes for the optimal case in which a) you win every race and b) there's constantly enough people online that you can play against (minimum for ranked game: 4 people)

Now, that's when boosting comes in. If you take turns winning and boost each other, you might have the difficulty of getting 4 people together so that it counts as a ranked match - ok. But you will also take considerably more time then, as all four need the achievements. We're talking about some nice 25 hours of boosting here, of course provided that no outside player joins and take the wins away that you so desperately need - which happened during our boosting sessions numerous times however, and probably yielded like ~50% of the whole time spent on these achievements so far.

Today we noticed something awesome however. And that is: You don't have to win any ranked games to get these achievements! The trick is real easy: you start a game with at least four people, everyone then quits out immediately when the match has started. In the online statistics, this will *not* make any win show up or anything. But for some weird reason, it will sitll count towards the achievement, and that's what we're interested in after all!

Why does this work? My guess is that when everyone quits out, the game determines your placement depening on your score. As everybody's score is 0, everybody ties for the first place, which makes it count as a win. We didn't try out if this also worked if *not* everyone quits out of the game, but actually I'm guessing that it might also work. If anyone wants to try, you're welcome to write about the results it in this thread!

So with this strategy, you actually eliminate the main time factors of the achievement boosting: first, you don't need to play 5 minutes for each win, but can just quit out immediately - which just leave the 1-2 minutes of searching for ranked matches and starting it. Second, *everybody* will get a win for a match. So no matter how many people you are, you don't need to take turns or anything - as everybody gets a win counting towards the achievement here.

With this strategy, 4-8 people can get all "win x online ranked matches" achievements in less than 3 hours!!!

I'd really love it if this thread was added to the achievement guide; it's a really important addition I think.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Natanji

Natanji's Gamercard
Important additon: we know now how this trick works exactly, because for the race pro achievement we had some trouble with the strategy before. The whole point is that the game counts a win any time that you leave the game and at that time, you are ranked "first".
So for stunt and derby mode, if you leave immediately after the game starts, everybody will have 0 points. That makes everybody tie for first place at that time, so no problem - it counts as a win. This should even work when other people that you are NOT boosting with and go on playing normally are in there, as long as they didn't score any points yet.
For race mode, it's a bit more tricky. The point is that from the beginning, everybody doesn't tie for the first place here - there's clear who is first, second, third and so on. The point here is that you may only quit out when at that time, you are first. When boosting, this is easy: just make sure that you quit in the right order, so first the one that is ranked first quits, then the one who was second will automatically be ranked first. Then that guy quits, and so on... when other people are interrupting you, this should also still work. You just have to make sure to race half a lap or something, well a short time simply so that you can quit when the game says you are ranked for the first place.

This should clear everything up a little further. Again, I believe this is a must-have addition to the achievement guide! Don't you think so?

BTW: I got a full 1000 now, yay! ^_^ Still can't join the 1000 club because I don't have a 100 posts yet though, sucks :P
Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow... that sounds like a very good find.
I may just pass on the online though, cuz i just bought this game for $15 from my BX, and i know its old. Finding people to play this so far after it came out is probably very hard!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah this method is f'ing golden. Go look on the trading thread for some ppl that wanted to do it but don't have it (look at profile on xbox.com), this discovery should spark some interest from ppl that don't have these achievements.

P.S - Nice avatar Natanji.
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Scaysie

scaysieUK's Gamercard
This would be an awesome find but no one goes online anymore, I tried for half hour to find some games last night but no luck!
Scaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
LukeP91

Send a message via MSN to LukeP91

Luke P 91's Gamercard
yeah this is a wicked find mate
i currently have 2 friends that have this game, aswell as me, and now knowing that you can do this, i may have to get them to help me out with these achievements
might have to get another mate to buy/rent this aswell

1st 360 - Christmas 2006 - 10th May 2008
2nd 360 - May 2008 - Present
LukeP91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
T Man 360 Fan

Nice find ill have 2 try it.

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!!!
T Man 360 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Glashoop

DirtyGlashoop's Gamercard
Wow, i thought this game was done!!
Gone do a boosting session this saterday to get 1000 points in this game!

Awesome find man! Tnx

GT: DirtyGlashoop

Currently Working On:
GH wt, GH Metallica, GoW 1, Outpost Kaoli X, Assult Heroes, Saints Row, Battlefield MC, CoD 3
If u need online help let me know!!!
Glashoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
ItzRyanxD

ItzRyanxD's Gamercard
This find is golden. This game is an utter disappointment, but with this boosting method it's an easy 1k.

Completed:
King Kong, Lost: Via Domus, Doritos: Dash of Destruction.

Currently Wishing to Boost:
Gears of War 1, Gears of War 2, NFS Undercover, Prey, Shadowrun, Flatout: Ultimate Carnage, BF: Bad Company, Perfect Dark Zero.

ItzRyanxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
Davisofthedead

Hi people Ive only just got Xbox Live but if people are still up for boosting this game using the method described above then let me know. I have found it almost impossible to get a ranked match. everyone just goes on player match. Also this is my first post.
Good find by the way.
Thanks.
Davisofthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
stick this thread!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
KiddingPigeon

KiddingPigeon's Gamercard
Your are... AWESOME! thanks man

1)Weezing
2)Mew
3)Metagross
4)Kyorge
5)Porygon Z
6)Tyranitar

Xbox Master
Pokemon Master
Noobs Beware
KiddingPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
Toombs2008

Toombs2008's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip. I made it with this guide.
Toombs2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Thank you so much for this guide. Many of us would have not go for online achievements to boost in a long way if this guide wasn't existed. I did convinced my 3 friends to buy flatout to play it and also to boost online achievements as long we work it together. When I told them about this guide, they were very skeptical about it and wasn't sure whether this work or not. I can confirmed this that it does indeed work. We were so happy and relief that it does work because of how drag this is to us and so ridiculous to required 4 players to start on a ranked match.

This method of online boosting guide for ranked achievements SHOULD be STICKY.

A big KUDO to you.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #15
Aks90

Aks90's Gamercard
nice find
guys add me so we get the achievements together

GT : Aks90
Aks90 is offline   Reply With Quote