PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #2701
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
I have a question pertaining to the Insane Horde Onyx Medal: If waves 44-50 were cleared in another person's session on insane difficulty, do I have to do it all again to get credit for the medal If I start up another game, but on the same difficulty and map, or will the medal pop up upon completion of 43?
Blue Papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #2702
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Papyrus View Post
I have a question pertaining to the Insane Horde Onyx Medal: If waves 44-50 were cleared in another person's session on insane difficulty, do I have to do it all again to get credit for the medal If I start up another game, but on the same difficulty and map, or will the medal pop up upon completion of 43?
AFAIK it tracks the waves you've done and it doesn't matter whether they are spread across different sessions and out of sequence. Fingers crossed : )
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #2703
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyMan View Post
AFAIK it tracks the waves you've done and it doesn't matter whether they are spread across different sessions and out of sequence. Fingers crossed : )
Thank you. Here's hoping that it'll work.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #2704
IOnEI Falcon

So I am 20 ribbons away from getting my last Onyx medal to get Seriously 3.0 but I am a Red level 61. I have already prestiged twice. I don't need to get back to 100 again do I? It says attain 100 which I already have done...oh please be the case...haha!
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #2705
Blue Angel

BlueWingAngels's Gamercard
Anyone up for boosting on gears of war 2 KOTH for veteran medal message me at BlueWingAngels
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #2706
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
So what's the quickest way to do heavy weapons? Mulcher or Mortars? Which map? I kind of miss Security now. I remember on Gears 2 playing KotH a couple times on there and sitting on the mortar spawn just firing at the hill. lol

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #2707
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
So what's the quickest way to do heavy weapons? Mulcher or Mortars? Which map? I kind of miss Security now. I remember on Gears 2 playing KotH a couple times on there and sitting on the mortar spawn just firing at the hill. lol
What I do is use the mortar on the map Mercy, on usually Team Deathmatch. I just shoot at the spawns while I'm at the middle of the map, up top.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #2708
Titan775

I don't think anyone would even try to get this achievement without boosting. Just seems like it would take an eternity...

Anyway, thanks for the guides man, this should really help.
Titan775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #2709
Viper187

Does team killing count for the weapon kills? I'm curious because I'm pretty sure I just got a Top of the Hill ribbon for killing my own bot teammate. lol

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #2710
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Does team killing count for the weapon kills? I'm curious because I'm pretty sure I just got a Top of the Hill ribbon for killing my own bot teammate. lol
Unfortunately, no. It only counts for killing enemies on the other team.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #2711
Viper187

So what has been decided as the quickest way to idle Skunker? I have 2 Xboxes.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #2712
Zombiie xKiller

Zombiie xKiller's Gamercard
Exclamation Seriously 3.0

Anyone who is already going for seriously 3.0, and need help finishing medals like me. friend request me [Zombiie xKiller]
Zombiie xKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #2713
AEIOwnU

St4rZ x AEIOwnU's Gamercard
Quote:
So what has been decided as the quickest way to idle Skunker? I have 2 Xboxes.
I did KOTH. I put my gt on cog and then the 3 dummys on the other team, obviously. Disable weapon respawns, first to 60, 2 rounds, fill, hardcore/insane bots. It's about <90 seconds per round this way, if not 60 seconds.
AEIOwnU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #2714
AEIOwnU

St4rZ x AEIOwnU's Gamercard
Quote:
I did mulchers on Thrashball. Set the mulcher, mortar, and smoke grenade to mulchers, x number of rounds, first to 240, fill, casual, weapon respawns to after use. Then when the match starts, get the mulcher at the smoke grenade and bring it down to where the mulcher/mortar is and just kill. Whenever u are running low on ammo in that mulcher, set it down (DO NOT use it all) and pick the other up and use it until it would fill up the other mulcher (ex: if the smoke grenade mulcher has 10 bullets left, use the other one down to 190). Then, pick the first mulcher back up and then pick the other one up with it to fill its ammo. This saves u the trouble and time of having to run back up the stairs to pick the mulcher back up again.
AEIOwnU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #2715
POTM

POTM's Gamercard
Has an efficient method for obtaining heavy weapon kills against bots been discovered? Don't really have a bunch of people/consoles that are willing to idle at my disposal. Thanks in advance.
POTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #2716
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by POTM View Post
Has an efficient method for obtaining heavy weapon kills against bots been discovered? Don't really have a bunch of people/consoles that are willing to idle at my disposal. Thanks in advance.
Look at the post above yours. I did the same method as well and it's definitely the most effective way of getting Heavy Weapons kills.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #2717
POTM

POTM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Look at the post above yours. I did the same method as well and it's definitely the most effective way of getting Heavy Weapons kills.
Whelp, I feel stupid. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #2718
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Just a quick question and sorry if it has been aswered before in the thread (couldn't find anything). From what I gather there was an update to the arcade mode, which prevent's you from gliching the "chapters played medal". Is this correct or is it still possible to do? (without deleting all the updates)

Reached 100000 Gs on 13.06.2012

Achievement:
I swear I did it by mistake (10G)
Lollipop-Chainsaw
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #2719
Blue Papyrus

Blue Papyrus's Gamercard
I'm currently at 54\65 Onyx medals. TDM and Pyro weapons will be completed in about a week or so.

I need on advice on how to proceed with those two medals, though.

For TDM, I'm at the last 200 matches, and at about 450 kills (40 matches today = about 380 kills + 50 from the day before, matches set at 10 respawn tokens + the last 5 lives) with pyro weapons. The problem is, I don't want to go into Wingman with weapons outside of what you start with.

I need to know how many lives should I set up per match so that I can complete the Pyro Onyx medal alongside TDM. If I need to, I'll lower the amount of matches I do so that I can fit the kills within the limit.

Last edited by Blue Papyrus; 01-13-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #2720
Eating Machine

I have 41 Onyx and from what I can see the biggest pain or time consuming medals are skunker and wingman. I have skunker at 460 so I need over 2000 there and I have wingman at 122 so I need over 2800. I have one xbox with 2 controllers. I dont think there is a way to idle skunker with my setup. I have tried having 2nd controller on other team of warzone or execution with hardcore or insane bots and it never gives a skunker. In over 50 matches and 0 skunkers.

The wingman setup I have used is my two accounts on one team and 1 other team of insane bots. That leads to a game every 4 rounds.

Any ideas to help speed this along would be appreciated.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #2721
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've never had two Xbox 360s to work with in the past, but I am buying a second one very, very soon thanks to some extra income (and the fact that my fiancée always wants the TV when I want to use it...). I was wondering what kind of things I can easily boost by myself with two consoles. I am at 41/65 onyx. Medals I still need to work on include:

-Starting weapon, pistol, heavy weapon, explosive kills
-Headshots
-Executions/curbstomps
-Skunker
-Guardian (rescue leader)
-KOTH, TDM, Wingman matches
-First bloods

I am sure this has been posted about before (and I am sifting through posts), but I figured it might be a better use of my time to just post.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #2722
chubbas

chubbas's Gamercard
Going for seriously3.0 looking for people to help me get medals and i will help you get medals.
I only have 10 onyx medals so i will most likely need the medal your going for send me a message or friend request
GT:Chubbas
chubbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #2723
DynamiteOrphan

Pistol kills

Can anyone help me will attaining 6000 pistol kills. Preferably need 2 people to boost each taking turns.

I can also help with any other achievos once done

My gt is DynamiteOrphan

MSG me if you can help.......
DynamiteOrphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #2724
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
I have 41 Onyx and from what I can see the biggest pain or time consuming medals are skunker and wingman. I have skunker at 460 so I need over 2000 there and I have wingman at 122 so I need over 2800. I have one xbox with 2 controllers. I dont think there is a way to idle skunker with my setup. I have tried having 2nd controller on other team of warzone or execution with hardcore or insane bots and it never gives a skunker. In over 50 matches and 0 skunkers.

The wingman setup I have used is my two accounts on one team and 1 other team of insane bots. That leads to a game every 4 rounds.

Any ideas to help speed this along would be appreciated.
What I did for Skunker was put a controller(you and a guest) on separate teams. Then set the gametype as Capture The Leader, 2 rounds, 10 second capture time, full bots, put bots on insane difficulty, and disable all weapons. Doing this method you average anywhere from 3-5 Skunker per hour.
I know that it takes forever, but if you really want to idle it that is the best way I have found.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #2725
SW Clammeh

SW Clammeh's Gamercard
I apologize if somebody has already covered this within the previous 91 pages, but to get 6000 kills with Heavy Weapons, I found setting all weapon drops to Mortars during a King of the Hill match on Escalation was a really good way to get about 100-120 kills depending on whether you are able to spawn kill the bots at the beginning of the match while they are all grouped together.
SW Clammeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #2726
POTM

POTM's Gamercard
For the High Roller, Ready For The Heavies ribbon, you can quit out right after unlocking it correct?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #2727
Ub3 xtr1ppinx

Ub3 xtr1ppinx's Gamercard
just reached level 100 for the second time, should i re up or save it until after seriously 3.0. i only have 29 onyx medals
Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #2728
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by POTM View Post
For the High Roller, Ready For The Heavies ribbon, you can quit out right after unlocking it correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3 xtr1ppinx View Post
just reached level 100 for the second time, should i re up or save it until after seriously 3.0. i only have 29 onyx medals
You should definitely re-up. Those last 36 medals will net you a hefty sum of experience points (especially War Hero) and you're more than likely to reach rank 100 again before getting your last medal. Even if you don't reach it (which is doubtful), you could simply play multiplayer as it yields a lot more experience nowadays; I believe it's 2.5x the original amount.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #2729
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3 xtr1ppinx View Post
You don't have to be on level 100 to unlock 3.0 if thats what you're worried about.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #2730
Legendkilla20

I am looking for a group to boost some onyx versus medals with. I can sign in two controllers for private match boosting. I will leave my box running while I sleep so other people can get free kills and vice versa. Message me on XBL for quicker response thanks.

My GT: LegendKiLLa20
Legendkilla20 is offline   Reply With Quote