Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
aFluxx

aFluxx's Gamercard
Auto Save wrote over my Story game progress

Here is my complaint and problem.

I was up to that last story (level) in the arson case file. I had been playing the game for sometime now, and I wanted to take a break from the main story and do street crime cases. I loaded up "free roam" from each different case folder and played the map location missions. Then I played a few cases that I didn't have 5 star ratings on and got those needed 5 star ratings. After that I went back to continue the story and finish the game and all that was on the list of saves were cases with the words (replay) next to them!

I reloaded the last mission, "A Polite Invitation," from the case folder only to see the L.A. Noire start screen come up after I completed the mission. It will not progress to the last case "A Different Kind of War." I can't play a level without it going all the way back to the start screen? So without a save from the main story, I can't continue on? Does this sound right? Is there a work around??

I just can't figure out how my story mode game was erased. My guess is that it kept putting new saves, according to "date" played, and kept stacking up the list of saves until it pushed all of my story saves away. I didn't know it did that. I didn't even know that you couldn't just start playing the story mode again by replaying a level that you left off on.

It is crazy, I am totally pissed off, and if I want the last achievements, I need to do it all again.
aFluxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
ianmin

Finch21987's Gamercard
Same happened to me man! I was quite pissed off but started from scratch and it went a lot quicker once I kind of knew in which way each case was headed. Good luck!
ianmin is offline   Reply With Quote