PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #61
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This lonewolf achievement is incredibly frustrating... I mind control solod a UFO crash site on Classic and no achievement... I also tried 2 other times and was successful but I'm guessing loading saves voided it... so glitchy... I guess I'll try doing the heavy strategy next -.-;;
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
What's the heavy strategy?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #63
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed View Post
What's the heavy strategy?
Its in the guide under the achievement.
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #64
Mist

Send a message via AIM to Mist Send a message via MSN to Mist

Morolarim's Gamercard
I'm fairly certain there are six UFO varieties to shoot down for the Hunter/Killer achivement, the guide is missing the Abductor class.
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Bumping this up.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #66
HeartbreakRidge

HeartbreakRidge's Gamercard
On Flight of the Valkyries, I had all Female squad and won, but did not get the achievement. I suspect it is because I had an empty slot, meaning you have to fill ALL slots with females, and not just only use females.
HeartbreakRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #67
Colmarr

CovetousCash64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Playthrough 2 –
Difficulty: Easy or normal
Starting Location: South America

... With the bonus related to having a base in South America being reduced instant alien autopsies, it is a good idea to try and unlock ‘All employees must wash hands’ on this play through...
The base bonus for South America is instant interrogations, not instant autopsies, so there's no reason to link All Employees Must Wash Hands to this playthrough.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #68
Huxy87

JHuxyboosh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmarr View Post
The base bonus for South America is instant interrogations, not instant autopsies, so there's no reason to link All Employees Must Wash Hands to this playthrough.
Although it doesnt say it in the description but autopsies also benefit from the bonus.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #69
Shabba
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
This lonewolf achievement is incredibly frustrating... I mind control solod a UFO crash site on Classic and no achievement... I also tried 2 other times and was successful but I'm guessing loading saves voided it... so glitchy... I guess I'll try doing the heavy strategy next -.-;;
Lonewolf was so easy.......... On impossible

If you have full satillite coverage without going to the alien base prior to having full covearge. You will only get UFO's mainly Small Scouts, some Large Scouts and occasionally Abductor. You might get council panic or terror missions if your countries have 3 bars at this point.

You will though get plenty of small UFO's. Aliens at this point in game can include berserkers though so be careful.

Now take a Sniper who has Squadsight, Opportunist, Battle Scanner, In the Zone. Use Battle Scanners, and the Squadsight will kill them from miles away, and also use Y button Overwatch. The aliens don't stand a chance at all, you won't even have to load.

Last edited by Shabba; 10-31-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #70
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge View Post
On Flight of the Valkyries, I had all Female squad and won, but did not get the achievement. I suspect it is because I had an empty slot, meaning you have to fill ALL slots with females, and not just only use females.
Thanks for this, i've added it to the guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmarr View Post
Instant autopsies are clearly indicated when selecting South America as your starting base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
Lonewolf was so easy.......... On impossible

If you have full satillite coverage without going to the alien base prior to having full covearge. You will only get UFO's mainly Small Scouts, some Large Scouts and occasionally Abductor. You might get council panic or terror missions if your countries have 3 bars at this point.

You will though get plenty of small UFO's. Aliens at this point in game can include berserkers though so be careful.

Now take a Sniper who has Squadsight, Opportunist, Battle Scanner, In the Zone. Use Battle Scanners, and the Squadsight will kill them from miles away, and also use Y button Overwatch. The aliens don't stand a chance at all, you won't even have to load.
Although i've indicated in the guide that this achievement can be attempted at any time, the reason i listed the first mission is because it is easy to setup, later missions rely on too many variables. Also i don't see the point in taking a sniper with squadsight, when attempting this alone?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
Shabba
Banned User

I have 1k'ed this awhile ago and haven't been playing.

The reason for taking a single sniper on Lonewolf. Because they are simply the best class to take, unless you expect to save load with a Heavy's rockets upon knowing where the enemy is.

Sniper with battle scanner is simple. Advance slowly upon hearing where enemy movement is you have an idea where to throw you Scanner. With Squadsight it can be used at that distance and with the Scanner. As you make the kill, this attracts alien movement. With In the Zone you can often kill the entire alien group. Or Reload first with your kill then place on Overwatch. Overwatch prior and you have to move. Squadsight works in your favour here aswell, and with Opportunist it is another kill as they have to advance to your position. Snipers also have full cover. It was so freaking easy with the Sniper and the abilites listed on Impossible.

You can easily with the tactic of coverage over your entire geoscape, without going to the alien base. You can have plasma sniper rifles researched. The only aliens that can cause a problem would be a Berserker, because they take a few shots to put down. These are rare in small UFO's but can be at this game stage. You will only get the Overseer shard aliens. Everything is a oneshot kill

Last edited by Shabba; 11-02-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #72
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
It might be worth noting that Bada Boom is accumulative across all playthrough's. I've restarted a few times and got it early this play through after about my 12th kill. Takes some of the pressure off knowing this, as I tend not to use explosives if I can help it. I'm sure some other people are the same.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #73
Colmarr

CovetousCash64's Gamercard
I shot down a supply barge with an avalanche-equipped firestorm.

Used one of each boost, but probably didn't need the tracking one.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #74
Elctrchead

Elctrchead's Gamercard
Quote:
Shooting Stars – 35
Shoot down 40 UFOs

To shoot down a UFO you will need a satellite and at least one interceptor. Once a satellite has detected a UFO via scanning the geoscope in mission control, you need to launch an interceptor in the hope of bringing it down. In the beginning of the game this will be fairly easy but as the game progresses, you will need to upgrade not only your interceptors themselves but also their payload to be able to take out the alien’s larger UFOs.

A good strategy is to hanger at least one interceptor per continent with a satellite in orbit. Also the more satellites you have, the greater your chances are of discovering a UFO. If you focus on progressing the story as quickly as possible then you should average about 8-12 UFOs per playthrough, so it will take several playthroughs to reach a total of 40.
I saved at the Geoscape then just ignored everything & only shot down UFOs. At game over just reloaded save & did it again. Achv. popped on maybe the 5th one I shot down after reloading.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #75
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Woo yeah! 40 achievements on the first playthrough! Going for Ironman later on will be a bitch though.

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #76
DEG23

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
I've updated the first page with a guide and roadmap for the Slingshot DLC. If anyone has anything to add let me know and i'll update it. I will submit the achievement titles to the site shortly so i can update them with the colored versions
Old 12-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #77
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Question - how does the game track how many playthroughs you have for the beat the game from the 5 locations achievement? I am getting ready to start my 3rd playthrough and i noticed that there isn't a "final save" that is designated. I just want to make sure when i finish my final game that I get that delicious pop

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #78
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Just got this game for Christmas! Can anyone say if the Difficulty Achievements Stack?

I see the Guide says a minimum of 5 playthroughs. Just want some Clarification.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #79
red_hammer

R3DH4MM3R's Gamercard
Difficulty chievos stack.
But... maybe you should concern not to try Impossible difficulty first when you're new to the game.

Anyway - as the guide says, you need 5 playthroughs for another chievo anyway, so I suggest 1 or 2 normal or classic playthroughs to get into the game and mop up some of the achievements before you try Classic ironman and then Impossible
Ironman mode and especially Impossible difficulty are very unforgiving and frustrating and when you start with those... well, you may learn to hate the game very fast
(I started on Steam back at release days and with Impossible Ironman and I needed like 35 tries to even finish the first mission with no one killed - so never play Imp/Ironman! )
Omerta - City of Gangsters (02/1/13 - 05:40pm GMT)

Completed retail: 33

red_hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #80
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hammer View Post
Difficulty chievos stack.
But... maybe you should concern not to try Impossible difficulty first when you're new to the game.

Anyway - as the guide says, you need 5 playthroughs for another chievo anyway, so I suggest 1 or 2 normal or classic playthroughs to get into the game and mop up some of the achievements before you try Classic ironman and then Impossible
Ironman mode and especially Impossible difficulty are very unforgiving and frustrating and when you start with those... well, you may learn to hate the game very fast
(I started on Steam back at release days and with Impossible Ironman and I needed like 35 tries to even finish the first mission with no one killed - so never play Imp/Ironman! )
Great Advice!!! And Thanks for the Answer!

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #81
PhilAvery

PhilAvery's Gamercard
Anyone who is struggling with 'Wet work' should just do it early. I did it in the 1st month (4th mission). There were quite a few aliens, but they were all sectoids.

All I did was kill the mind merging ones to cut the numbers down quick. Just remember to rank your soldiers up with this achievement in mind (sniper should have snap shot for example) and to keep moving forward before shooting (even if this leaves you flanked, the sectoids at the back usually mind merge with the ones on the front line, so just move forward and kill the back ones. The ones flanking you will end up dead anyway).

Also don't be afraid to use your grenades.

Done with the basic squad size/weapons/armour with grenades.

Last edited by PhilAvery; 01-04-2013 at 02:29 PM.
PhilAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #82
Kairi
Moderator / Spam Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org XCOM: Enemy Unknown Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

It's a world of saints and sinners, losers and winners, good and bad, happy and sad
Can't break the spell! I'll be there for you....
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #83
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Just bought the DLC after completing Classic playthrough. Trying to finish Confounding Light on Impossible is practically impossible, let alone trying to do it with more than 3 turns remaining. 3 hours just to try to finish the mission is a bit ridiculous and incredibly frustrating, and most of that time was spent watching enemy actions. I really wish you could turn them off like you could in the original. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a time limit, but as it is, 2nd month in you have crappy weapons, crappy armour, thin men have double health, and I've had 6 mutons throughout the mission right up to the last transponder. Don't know if any more show up after that.

Quote:
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #84
DEG23

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Just bought the DLC after completing Classic playthrough. Trying to finish Confounding Light on Impossible is practically impossible, let alone trying to do it with more than 3 turns remaining. 3 hours just to try to finish the mission is a bit ridiculous and incredibly frustrating, and most of that time was spent watching enemy actions. I really wish you could turn them off like you could in the original. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a time limit, but as it is, 2nd month in you have crappy weapons, crappy armour, thin men have double health, and I've had 6 mutons throughout the mission right up to the last transponder. Don't know if any more show up after that.
I don't know if it's possible to finish the mission with 3 turns left on impossible. I only ever managed to finish it with exactly 4 turns left on normal. Unless you get lucky and just run to each of the nodes without getting shot, i can't see how you would even get this on classic.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #85
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't know if it's possible to finish the mission with 3 turns left on impossible. I only ever managed to finish it with exactly 4 turns left on normal. Unless you get lucky and just run to each of the nodes without getting shot, i can't see how you would even get this on classic.
Yeah, I gave up in the end. Actually, as it turns out, the mission pops up again every months until you complete it. Well, I guess it does, but I've just started month 4 on impossible; getting a bit easier now that my guys can shoot straight and have laser weapons, and soon to have plasma as well. I started a playthrough on easy just to finish it with 4 turns remaining for the achievement. Just want to get to the end in impossible, but will wait until my guys have proper armour too.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #86
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
The Flight of the Valkyries can be obtained with just one squaddie. I used a female sniper to get the Lone Wolf achievement and unlocked Flight at the same time.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #87
OneEyedJack83

OneEyedJack83's Gamercard
Hit Percentages

Hi, sorry if this has been covered but I'm a little confused.

The guide states that saving in the previous turn and reloading will re-roll hit chance for your soldiers, I have a couple of questions about this.

Firstly, I've rinse/repeated about thirty times on a 60% shot, the save was before my last action of the previous turn, the aliens then moved into my view during alien activity (with the little action cutscene you get when first spotting a group) and then took up positions as they usually do, so it went straight back to me. I assume this constitutes a 'turn' i.e a new full turn begins when you start your soldiers' actions after the alien activity? As opposed to a turn being a 'player' turn like turn 1 is you, turn 2 is alien activity, turn 3 back to you etc. So why is my hit not rerolling?

I've noticed a few places on the forums it mentions moving your soldiers' position seems to trigger recalculating a shot, in the instance I'm describing above I didn't relocate at all, so is repositioning the actual factor which causes your shot to be rerolled? Does the turn sequence have any impact at all on shot calculation? For example if a sniper remained stationary without shooting for three turns would he be storing up the same rolled shot? And conversely if you reload a save from within the same turn just prior to a shot, and then reposition your soldier, will this mean a recalulated shot?

My second question is about what exactly is being recalculated. You have a given %chance of hitting based on range, cover and so on, so does your soldier get a flat roll which is compared to his %chance when taking the shot, or does the game calculate a flat hit or miss for that soldier for his next shot?

For example, does it work by Soldier rolling %45 (either when repositioning or at the start of the turn, whenever it happens) so if he attempted any shot with a chance of hitting of 45% or greater he would hit, but any shot with a chance of hitting of 44% or less he would miss. Or alternatively does the game just determine a hit or miss for his next shot based on accuracy and weapon loadout etc?

I have to echo sentiments I've seen elsewhere that the numbers given do not reflect the actual chance of making a shot, it seems a 45% chance of hitting in easy mode is far more likely to score a hit than in Impossible, if anyone could clarify these points and update the guide that'd be much appreciated, I think I may have just wasted three hours unsuccessfuly trying to abuse the save system to get the Finest Hour cheevo!

Thanks for the guide generally.

J
OneEyedJack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #88
DEG23

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedJack83 View Post
Hi, sorry if this has been covered but I'm a little confused.

The guide states that saving in the previous turn and reloading will re-roll hit chance for your soldiers, I have a couple of questions about this.

Firstly, I've rinse/repeated about thirty times on a 60% shot, the save was before my last action of the previous turn, the aliens then moved into my view during alien activity (with the little action cutscene you get when first spotting a group) and then took up positions as they usually do, so it went straight back to me. I assume this constitutes a 'turn' i.e a new full turn begins when you start your soldiers' actions after the alien activity? As opposed to a turn being a 'player' turn like turn 1 is you, turn 2 is alien activity, turn 3 back to you etc. So why is my hit not rerolling?
You're right, a turn consists of both you and the aliens moving. However, when it comes to the hit chances I think this is already decided when the aliens move, that's why I suggest reloading a save on your previous move, before the aliens have moved.

Quote:
I've noticed a few places on the forums it mentions moving your soldiers' position seems to trigger recalculating a shot, in the instance I'm describing above I didn't relocate at all, so is repositioning the actual factor which causes your shot to be rerolled? Does the turn sequence have any impact at all on shot calculation? For example if a sniper remained stationary without shooting for three turns would he be storing up the same rolled shot? And conversely if you reload a save from within the same turn just prior to a shot, and then reposition your soldier, will this mean a recalulated shot?
I don't know if repositioning re-rolls the hit chance, but it does give you a chance to try a different outcome. In other words, if your original position was a miss, but then you reload a previous save and try a different position, this position was already calculated from the end of your previous turn. There was one occasion where I tried moving to a different position from my original turn, missed, reloaded several times and still missed every shot. So moving only gives you a second chance to land a shot, but doesn't re-roll the hit chance.

As for the sniper, their hit chance changes on each turn, even if you didn't move them. There have been plenty of times where on my first turn I had a 75% chance, missed, didn't move, then on my next turn had a 75% chance and hit.

Quote:
My second question is about what exactly is being recalculated. You have a given %chance of hitting based on range, cover and so on, so does your soldier get a flat roll which is compared to his %chance when taking the shot, or does the game calculate a flat hit or miss for that soldier for his next shot?

For example, does it work by Soldier rolling %45 (either when repositioning or at the start of the turn, whenever it happens) so if he attempted any shot with a chance of hitting of 45% or greater he would hit, but any shot with a chance of hitting of 44% or less he would miss. Or alternatively does the game just determine a hit or miss for his next shot based on accuracy and weapon loadout etc?
From what i've seen I think it depends on the variables and position. Taking a shot with 45% chance and missing, then reloading, moving to a new position with 45% chance and hitting can happen, so again, I don't think it's a complete re-roll because you will always miss from that first position.

Quote:
I have to echo sentiments I've seen elsewhere that the numbers given do not reflect the actual chance of making a shot, it seems a 45% chance of hitting in easy mode is far more likely to score a hit than in Impossible, if anyone could clarify these points and update the guide that'd be much appreciated, I think I may have just wasted three hours unsuccessfuly trying to abuse the save system to get the Finest Hour cheevo!

Thanks for the guide generally.

J
I can't remember where I read it (I think it was the 2K forums) but the devs said that the chances of landing shots on easy and normal where stacked in the player's favor. That's why you will land 45% shots a lot more on easy than you will on impossible. I have only done the one playthrough on Impossible (well 4 actually but I never made it past the 1st month in good shape) and I think the re-rolling on chances is still stacked heavily in the alien's favor. There were several times where I reloaded a save because most of my soldiers missed and were subsequently missing. Only on a few occasions did I land a successful shot, in the end I tried a different approach.

If you have any more question feel free to ask, and welcome to the site

Last edited by DEG23; 05-19-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #89
Elctrchead

Elctrchead's Gamercard
Wet Work – 10
Complete a Very hard abduction mission in five turns or less on Classic or Impossible difficulty

This can be a difficult achievement as finding a 'very hard' abduction mission can take time. To increase your chances, try and raise the panic level in one continent. The higher the panic level, the harder the mission will be.

As there is a limited number of maps and the rotation is random, it may also help if you wait until you receive a map you know well and are confident you can get through quickly. Just be sure to save your game at the base before launching the mission.

Your soldier load out is entirely up to you but it is highly recommended you have a minimum of 5 soldiers and trying to clear a very hard mission with only 4 is near impossible.

The easiest way to beat the mission in five turns or less, is to start off by proceeding through the map learning what enemies are present and where they are located. Then reload the save you made at the start of the level and run through with that knowledge. Their positions and strategies may vary slightly but overall you should know what to expect.

TIP: Despite the option of Classic or Impossible, this will be much simpler on Classic

Anyone have any real good strategies/tips for this? It's the last achv I have for the game & can't for the life of me seem to pull it off. I'm pretty decent at the game and have a pretty deep understanding of the mechanics, just can't ever seem to get it in 5 turns. I've frustratingly gotten it 6 turns several times. So if anyone can suggest a good map, squad make-up, etc. please let me know.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #90
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
40 achievements on the first play through

Reloaded, mind controlled the last ethereal and got the Xavier achievement too

I got the Flight of the Valkyries achievement immediately after starting my second play through. I skipped the tutorial and was lucky enough to start off with 4 females. You get taken straight to the first mission where you have to kill 4 sectoids. The achievement popped as soon as I'd killed the last sectoid.