PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Satsui Diddles

GoukiDiddles V2's Gamercard
Unhappy Can I Have some Advice / Help Please?

I'm Currently Trying the Trial Mode For this Game, So Far I've Beat Dhalsim, Seth, Akuma, Gouken, Rose, T. Hawk, Guy, Cody, Dudley And Hakan, My Main Problem Are the Charge Characters, I Cant Understand How you can Combo From A Charge Attack (Psycho Crusher) To a Super? The 10 I Listed Above are the Only 10 I've even tried so far, and Just started Bison's Today, Any Advice On How to Execute the Charge Characters Combo's Would be Greatly Appreciated, Thank You
Satsui Diddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
What you're looking to learn is "charge storing" at least that's the only term i've ever heard it referred too. Basically to me Balrog was the easiest character to learn it with because alot of his motions are back [charge] to forward +punch [or kick] for a move followed by a back [charge] forward back forward motions [ or < > < > ] simplest way I can explain it is you want to do the ultra motion [ charge back go forward (press a punch for balrogs dash straight) then go back forward ( hit the ultra all three punch or a single punch again for super. ]

but on general charge store is if it's a simple combo like "Jumping HK followed by Light punch light punch into dashing straight" [ for balrog as example as I brain farted on what you were asking about to be 100% honest I will edit in a moment] you would do a forward jump HK [ as soon as you leave the ground start charging back ] link the Light punch Light punch then go from back to forward and hit a punch button to make the dashing straight come out.

Okay on the basics lets say you were doing Bison's trial number 10 which is crouch light punch canceled into L double knee press [ which is charge back for 2 seconds then forward light kick] you want to push dan to the corner and start charging by holding down back on your stick [ d pad whatever you use] and count off mentally in your head one two three and you have the charge stored. Press light punch and then immediately [ before the light punch finishes you want to press forward and light kick in a motion that takes and cancels the light punch after contact into the knee press. ] obviously you know how to do the charge move in and of itself; the timing of how to go from back to forward and press the button that actually times out to take it as a special as opposed to holding back pressing forward and having a light kick come out. So it's all about hitting light punch and then moving from the down back position to forward while hitting light kick to make the move come out.

If you have the available internet to stream youtube video's you might want to check out "vesper arcade ssf4 trials M bison" because vesper has quality videos that show the combo on screen; you'll see bison punch dan then do the scissor kick. but he also has a Picture in picture in the lower left corner that shows the hand motions and timing on an arcade stick to help show you the rhythm and motions. Hope this helps

Last edited by n33njah; 10-16-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fixing an error.
n33njah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Satsui Diddles

Oh So i start the Charge On the Jumping HK? If so I Think I Understand what you Mean, So Jump HK (Hold Back) Stand HP Then Push Forward And the Attack for the Charge Move? I Was Confused Because It didnt seem as though I Had enough time to Start and Finish a Charge After the Stand HP, Ill Start Practicing When Im On Next, Thanks Alot man, Appreciate It, Time to Start Learning Blanka (Also Who would you say has The easiest Trials out of the Charge Characters?)
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
n33njah

Gam3p0t's Gamercard
Of the charge characters I'd personally say boxer (balrog in America) or possibly guile ( until you get to his higher stuff) but yeah you can press your joystick to the 9 position (looking at your keyboard number pad which is a forward jump) as soon as you tap that move the stick or d pad to position 4 (if it requires a standing move light standing light punch) or position 1 (if its a crouching attack) and then move to position 6+ tap the desired button for the special move out of charge state )

Examples of each ( not at home so I'm just fabricating these but I believe they are trials for balrog/boxer)

Jumping heavy kick > standing light punch > dashing straight
You'd tap the stick up forward and as soon as you do move the stick into a pure back state (4 if you use the numpad notation system) land from the jumping attack link the standing light punch and then move the joystick from position 4 to position 6 and press heavy punch at the same time) which will cancel the normal light punch into balrog special attack dashing straight

Second example is jumping hk > crouching light punch > dashing straight

You do the exact same thing as before but as soon as you jump your stick should go to position 1 on the numpad (aka the down back position) hit hk land do the crouching jab ( since your holding down back it will put balrog in a crouch but also allow the "back charge" to take effect ) and then move the stick to position 6 ( pure forward ) and press heavy punch to cancel the crouching jab into his dashing straight punch.

n33njah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
Satsui Diddles

Thanks Alot Man, I Was Able To Clear All Of Bison's Trials And Beat Cammy Aswell