PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
ThePaleHorseman

ThePaleHorseman's Gamercard
Angry arms dealer glitch

so i have bought every weapon and attachment multiple times and the achievement has not popped. yes, i have bought all the pistols, including the one you start with, yes i have bought all 3 variants of the grenade launcher attachment. i dont understand.. its the last achievement i need for this game and its really pissing me off that i cant unlock it. if anyone has the same problem and has figured out the solution, please let me know by sending me a message on xbox live. my gamertag is ThePaleHorseman.
ThePaleHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Jonesy999

Jonesy999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
its not glitched, just do it again, try type 95, or the 5000$ shotgun, keep going is all i can say
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
parkwaydr

parkwaydr's Gamercard
Are you absolutely certain you've purchased every weapon and attachment?

What might of been a good idea is to make a check-list before starting this achievement. I purchased every weapon and attachment and neglected to buy the Five Seven. Seems to catch a lot of people out. Try buying that, and the shotgun (Model 1887) you also pick up early on. Also the MP5 if you picked them up. It's very easy to overlook as you cannot purchase what you already have.

If you have no luck, then you may have to start again and tick them off as you go along. Doesn't take long. Good luck!

EDIT: GarethB has posted an awesome spreadsheet. Print it off: Spec Ops Check list

Last edited by parkwaydr; 11-15-2011 at 08:37 AM.
parkwaydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
ThePaleHorseman

again, to the people who asked the same questions i answered to begin with. i have bought EVERYTHING. yes the five seven, yes the early shotgun. yes yes yes. fuck this achievement. glitched as fuck
Old 11-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
ThePaleHorseman

alright. just got it. my solution to the problem was clear the cache on my hard drive, started playing, went down the list, and unlocked the achievement once i got to the lmgs. so anyone who is having a problem with it, try that.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Ehrenfried

Ehrenfried's Gamercard
Are u sure about buying the scopes/grips/G-Launchers just one counts for every weapon?

EDIT:

Got the cheev.
Played Survival in resistance for 4 hours hoarding cash,
and yes you only need to buy the scopes etc. one time.
The excel-list which is floating around here helped me alot! THX!

Last edited by Ehrenfried; 11-19-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Ehrenfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Now i've got the same fucking glitch. Fucks sake, just need it to 1000G this game.

EDIT: Bought a gun that i've bought countless times during survival and it popped. Eh, i'll take it.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!

Last edited by xI WARFARE; 11-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy999 View Post
its not glitched, just do it again, try type 95, or the 5000$ shotgun, keep going is all i can say
word! definitely not glitched! I like how people say achievements are glitched when a new game comes out and just cause they dont get it they say its glitched
Old 11-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
markvvoc

Mark The ASBO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well the same thing has happened to me, sure i bought everything lol o well..going to do resistance again rack up loads of money and go thru the list again....see things like this really dont piss me off....lol

would just like to say it was the grenade launcher attatchments that has stiffed me, didnt realise u had to buy all of them...

Add me on XBL if you want to team up for some achievements or just want to have some gaming fun...always up for a laugh...

Last edited by markvvoc; 11-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.
markvvoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Bottom line, it isn't glitched. You missed one. Or two. I have gotten the achievement yet, but I guarantee you it isn't glitched.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
FistFull95

InSync NiNjAz's Gamercard
I thought it was glitched for me aswell but clearing my cache made it pop at the menu

FistFull95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #12
lucas1986

I lucas1986 I's Gamercard
I went through the list 4 times ticking off every weapon and attachment but no achievement. So i cleared my cache and it popped as soon as i collected every weapon and attachment on the list.
lucas1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Worst case scenario, make a checklist.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Boomerang Cat

I made a list as I was going through and ticked everything off, Guns, Attachments e.t.c. and to my surprise the "Arms Dealer" Achievement didn't Unlock?

From looking at the comments above I think I'll go and clear my Cache on my XBOX to see if it pops!

I'll Update again later. It's ridiculous that clearing the XBOX 360 System Cache seems to be the answer for most people.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #15
Spunk8374

Send a message via AIM to Spunk8374

Spunk8374's Gamercard
I thought I had the sAme problem, ended up just needing to buy the starting pistol after I dumped it.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
GANZ VII

Anglo Saxon VII's Gamercard
It would'nt pop for me until I realised you need need to buy 3 different types of grenade launcher (AK47-SCAR L-M16).
GANZ VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
Guttrenched

Guttrenched's Gamercard
Can someone clear this up for me. So for this achievement, you need to buy all the weapons with every attachment you can get for each weapon?

Like say I buy the Type 95, would I then need to buy all its possible attachments for that gun, then buy the MK and have to buy all the possible attachments for that?

| Twitter |
Guttrenched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
Daishi3000

Daishi3000's Gamercard
No, its enough to buy each attachment once, on any gun.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #19
Dr Illmatik

Dr Illmatik's Gamercard
Same thing here, I used a check sheet and everything. It unlocked after I bought the Barret for the third time.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
Peplow

peplowsoldier's Gamercard
Having same problem done checklist once didn't unlock done another checklist didn't unlock but with second checklist I stayed on the same map till I bought all the weapons and attachments when I died I clicked play again did this overwrite the guns I bought before I died or what? Thanks
Peplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
BUcKY720

BUcKY720's Gamercard
I had the same problem everyone else did, bought all the weapons, and nothing happen, then I used the checklist and realized I had to buy one of all the attachments, and got the achievement...now I just have to get "overachiever" to 100% the game...
BUcKY720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
SAC2UNEAK

SAC2UNEAK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNELSON View Post
Bottom line, it isn't glitched. You missed one. Or two. I have gotten the achievement yet, but I guarantee you it isn't glitched.
OH IT'S GLITCHED ALRIGHT! I've made a list, started top to bottom, and purchased EVERY attachment for EVERY weapon. so, if you guarantee it...WHERE'S MY MONEY BISH?!

It may be that my gamer profile is on a usb, and my game saves are on usb, but it shouldn't matter.

I'm clearin the cache.
SAC2UNEAK is offline   Reply With Quote