PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Yes You CAN Install To The Hard Drive AND Play Doom and Doom 2

You just go to "My Games" on the dashboard and launch them from there.

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
vlass1s

Industrialist V's Gamercard
thanks ! nice find!
vlass1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Do you own the arcade XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2? If you don't I don't believe that this works since those games would be running off the disk, not the HD.

If I'm wrong about this, please explain it then because you were very vague.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Thunderbunny4

Thunderbunny4's Gamercard
This does so happen to work. I was just playing Doom II from the My Games tab. I have not bought it and Doom 3 is still installed.
Thunderbunny4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
installed. playing Doom 1 and 2 from dashboard/My games.
Doom 1 and 2 not bought from Xlive.
Confirmed.
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Harry94

Pear of Justice's Gamercard
Does this make the loading times any better? Shame you can't do it on PS3

Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #7
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
Does this make the loading times any better? Shame you can't do it on PS3
I don't know. Some dude was bitching about a certain part getting slow on him, but I'm in Delta Labs and haven't had any so far and I have it installed.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
KivaWolf

Kiva Wolf's Gamercard
Sadly the loading times are not great even when installed on the hard drive. Maybe I should try playing this on disc instead just to see if there is a difference much like the whole Halo 3 situation.
KivaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
EternalDamntion

lsaac Clarke's Gamercard
This didn't work for me. After installing I tried to boot the games from the "My Games" section, my xbox said it couldn't boot them(Doom 1 & 2 do appear in the My Games section after installing BFG). When I tried to boot them from the game selection screen on the BFG disc with it installed, the game has a pop up that tells me that I have to uninstall to play Doom 1 & 2.

EDIT: Oh boy, this installing business seems to have screwed up my game a bit. I uninstalled it after discovering I couldn`t play Doom 1 & 2, and now when I load up BFG, the main menu and all options/any text shows up like this:

#str_swf_campaign
#str_swf_multiplayer
#str_swf_settings
#str_swf_credits

Instead of "Continue, New Game, or Load Game, I've got:

#str_swf_continue_game
#str_01866
#str_01867

The buttons at the bottom of the screen are labelled:

(A) #str_02187
(B) #str_00395
(X) #str_02315
(Y) #str_swf_storage device

What should I do? My save games have normal names, not worried about those though as I finished RoE last night.

RE EDIT:

Restarting my console fixed the codey gibberish, I'm just going to play the game uninstalled lol

100,000 achieved at 1:59 AM February 24 2012//-Syndicate

Last edited by EternalDamntion; 10-31-2012 at 03:43 AM.
EternalDamntion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 AM   #10
deathshadow1701

deathshadow1701's Gamercard
Great info
deathshadow1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
CGOWAddict

CeeDaRula's Gamercard
I was more concerned about wear and tear on my XBox then load times. But here's a link from Bethesda forums which confirms this.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/141...om-and-doom-2/
Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #12
Rex.07

OskarRex's Gamercard
I still haven't sufficient disk space
Rex.07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
i just got the game and yes it works, you need to have the disc in and the 2 arcade games appear in your My Games section.

the games arent that fun tho, its very dated and the only achievments are basically "beat the entire game" so unless you're a diehard you'll probably get bored or frustrated

and playing the new Doom 3 isnt any better interms of todays games, its just like any other cheap FPS with lame, its almost exactly like the first Dead Space script, except with cheap graphics and gameplay lol, but its better than Duke Nukem Forever

Last edited by eiVaL; 02-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #14
h4mm32

Send a message via AIM to h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
i just got the game and yes it works, you need to have the disc in and the 2 arcade games appear in your My Games section.

the games arent that fun tho, its very dated and the only achievments are basically "beat the entire game" so unless you're a diehard you'll probably get bored or frustrated

and playing the new Doom 3 isnt any better interms of todays games, its just like any other cheap FPS with lame, its almost exactly like the first Dead Space script, except with cheap graphics and gameplay lol, but its better than Duke Nukem Forever

no matter what i'll come across as pretentious however,

We're on an achievement website, a website that helps people get achievements, let alone in the forums section where people find answers to problems on how to fix glitches, find exploits, find boost partners, or even simply boast about the hilarity that ensues while grinding for said achievements. so naturally we're possibly here for help beating doom I and II more readily or finding an exploit so we don't have to.

While the achievements aren't necessarily inventive doom I and II maps are arguably the most intelligently designed fps game genre maps of all time. Among other family members heretic, hexen, wolfenstein etc. now we have "nuketown".......graphics help with immersion but to say doom to doom 3 has cheap gameplay as compared to a horror game that is predictable to the millisecond that came out 3 years later is offensive sir, opinion or not. duke nukem's script itself, while "cheesy", is still better than the aforementioned survival horror game. D. nukem's gameplay however is a different matter comparatively.

ergo

I say press on oh sir of the achievement hunting variety and enjoy a moderately entertaining game with respectable high b rated gameplay and tension as well as a league of challenge for those that wish it. As well as a wonderful tacked on time portal to games that regale us with a period when bashing your head against walls could open doors
h4mm32 is offline   Reply With Quote