PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Puzzle and Word > Beautiful Katamari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Ravric

Ravric's Gamercard
1,500,000km Achievement?!?

If you gather all the matter in our solar system it would not even be close to 1,500,000 km diameter.

The sun is only 1,391,980 km.

How in game they are going to accomplish this?

Ravric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravric View Post
If you gather all the matter in our solar system it would not even be close to 1,500,000 km diameter.

*Not to scale
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Seriously? It's a video game, dude...

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
Ravric

Ravric's Gamercard
I am curious to how you will make your Katamari bigger than earth. Trailers I've seen show up to rolling up continents.
Ravric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
WhytePanther

WhytePanther's Gamercard
I dunno, but We Love Katamari had the level where you roll up the solar system, including all the other Katamari you already rolled up, maybe it has something to do with that?
WhytePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Yeah. One of the final levels has you rolling up small items, then stuff in town, then rolling up buildings, then landmarks, then pieces of miscellaneous land, then it zooms out and you start picking up cities and pieces of continents and eventually the Katamari starts floating around in space and you can roll into your created planets, satelite, moon, sun and a few comets as well as a ton of random larger stars hidden amongst the crowded starry background.

Here's a helpful tip, you have to end that level by plugging the black hole. Waiting until the end of the timer does nothing. It's a poorly implemented concept, since the King of the Cosmos goes balistic on you when you go near the black hole, even though he tells you to plug it, you kind of assume he'll do it after your time is up and you're done rolling. It seems like you would lose automatically if you were to touch it before the timer is out, when in fact that's your goal.

Edit: Also, despite this level, I only got to around 990,000 km. It could be, that the "Download stages" part of the achievement means that you'll have to use downloaded content to get the achievement.

Last edited by Taiyz; 10-17-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Added more information about the achievement.
Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #7
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyz View Post
Yeah. One of the final levels has you rolling up small items, then stuff in town, then rolling up buildings, then landmarks, then pieces of miscellaneous land, then it zooms out and you start picking up cities and pieces of continents and eventually the Katamari starts floating around in space and you can roll into your created planets, satelite, moon, sun and a few comets as well as a ton of random larger stars hidden amongst the crowded starry background.

Here's a helpful tip, you have to end that level by plugging the black hole. Waiting until the end of the timer does nothing. It's a poorly implemented concept, since the King of the Cosmos goes balistic on you when you go near the black hole, even though he tells you to plug it, you kind of assume he'll do it after your time is up and you're done rolling. It seems like you would lose automatically if you were to touch it before the timer is out, when in fact that's your goal.

Edit: Also, despite this level, I only got to around 990,000 km. It could be, that the "Download stages" part of the achievement means that you'll have to use downloaded content to get the achievement.
Is there even any d/l content for it? I checked and nothing. I guess they might release it later on?

As for this, you can do it on the Uranus stage. I couldn't get it though but I was damn close. I ate up all the stars and nothing. You can built as much as you can because once you collect all the King's memories, you can determine to stop or not. I tried it this morning but couldn't reach 15, I almost did though.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
That achievement required the DLC, it says so right in the description. The DLC isn't out yet.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Mr Arrow

Mr Arrow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravric View Post

Not to mention my TV's only 56"......

....!
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #10
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just got almost 1,400,000km in the Uranus stage. Bleh, might as well wait for the content.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
Frostbite

frostbite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyz View Post

Yeah that damn level almost had me throwing my controller. When you get out to space the king says: "I'll give you two more minutes, get your katamari as big as possible and then plug up the black hole. The only problem with this is that the king says don't go toward the black hole or you will lose, and he precedes to yell at you everytime you even come close to the black hole. Then the timer hits zero, and I think that hey my 560,000km katamari is going to be a great finish, but the great and all powerful king says NO you FAILED!!!!!!!!! That katamari isn't in the black hole like it is spoused to be. Now I have to start that level all over again.

So my suggestion to you is head toward that black hole at some point and get sucked in. Now I haven't done this yet, maybe somebody that has completed this level. Can give us some in site as to when you should get sucked in(at what size Katamari)......
Old 10-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #12
Patriot Se

Patriot SE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Yeah that damn level almost had me throwing my controller. When you get out to space the king says: "I'll give you two more minutes, get your katamari as big as possible and then plug up the black hole. The only problem with this is that the king says don't go toward the black hole or you will lose, and he precedes to yell at you everytime you even come close to the black hole. Then the timer hits zero, and I think that hey my 560,000km katamari is going to be a great finish, but the great and all powerful king says NO you FAILED!!!!!!!!! That katamari isn't in the black hole like it is spoused to be. Now I have to start that level all over again.

So my suggestion to you is head toward that black hole at some point and get sucked in. Now I haven't done this yet, maybe somebody that has completed this level. Can give us some in site as to when you should get sucked in(at what size Katamari)......
Once you have the right size if you look at the size of your katamari, then follow the arrow down it will tell you to fill the blackhole, simple enough.
Patriot Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #13
WhytePanther

WhytePanther's Gamercard
It says "fill the black hole" the entire level, including when you're still on Earth. I've heard some people have said 750,000km was about right to plug the hole, and at a much larger size, you can even roll up the hole (O_O) I was at just under 1 million, and ran out of time trying to find the hole. Such a pain. Btw, anyone know if you can roll up the Queen in that level?

Edit: It doesn't the first time, but on replays it does. I ran through it 3 times last night, and just remembered it being there, my bad.

Edit again: Apparently that was the king floating around out there. Whatever.

Last edited by WhytePanther; 10-18-2007 at 01:40 AM.
WhytePanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
Eyeradicate

EYEradicate's Gamercard
So on the Note of this being DLC for a couple of the achievements, Does anyone know when it's supposed to be released?

]
Eyeradicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #15
Ashande

Riptide Priest's Gamercard
Not sure if you can roll up the Queen in the "Plug the Black Hole" level (I was almost out of time and couldn't grab the royal family, yet, so just finished the level), but on the "Build Uranus" level, if you keep rolling even after the King has all his memories, you can eventually get back to outer space and roll all of it up, thus adding Papa, the Queen, and the Black Hole to your collection.
Ashande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #16
KrisYeager

Kris Yeager's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
i haven't been able to get the queen and papa in my katamari, got to like 1,300,000 km and ran out of stuff to roll up. SOOO close.
KrisYeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 AM   #17
Steve Gauvreau

Steve Gauvreau's Gamercard
I've got them a little bit before 1,300,000KM.

Rolled up black hole, then queen, then papa!
Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
KrisYeager

Kris Yeager's Gamercard

some guy in china has a 1,493,000 km katamari. damn.
KrisYeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #19
antilucid

Send a message via AIM to antilucid Send a message via Yahoo to antilucid

antilucid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
I wonder if we made an asian account, tossed on a few points and bought the levels, if that would work for an american or canadian account?

Arcade Games Completed 200/200:
Carcassonne, Hardwood Backgammon

www.gameinterface.net
antilucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilucid View Post
I wonder if we made an asian account, tossed on a few points and bought the levels, if that would work for an american or canadian account?
I assume so. I did it for the Blue Dragon "New Game +" mode and it worked fine. But, I heard it will be available on the 25th (Thursday), so I can wait... still got 3% of the collection to find until then.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
urAssass1n

urAssass1n's Gamercard

why is this not closed? this should all be in the achievement discussion thread...?

urAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
PuffleKirby21

PuffleKirby21's Gamercard
You have to replay levels until you have 10 katamaris of each stage. That should get you the achievement.
PuffleKirby21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Still trying to get this and its ruining my life. Although it is a treat to see people even struggling with this years ago.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #24
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRaptorz View Post
Still trying to get this and its ruining my life. Although it is a treat to see people even struggling with this years ago.

Take the advice of the post right above yours, it will help immensely.

The trick is that you need to make multiple Katamaris for each stage (don't turn them into stardust) and once you have many stages with multiple planets, you'll be able to get this achievement no problem.