PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
Would this be possible?

Plug in two controllers, start the first level on legendary, let my main account hang back and go thru the level with the 2nd controller. Would my main account then get all 3 co-op "bet a level on X difficulty" achievements as well as the ones for beating the first level without picking up an overshield or health pack, seeing as I won't be doing anything with my main account?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Yep, I can confirm this definitely works.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
Cheers man
Old 06-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
Wow, just done this...not only do you get all the co-op difficulty achievements for 80G, and the Pillar of Autum specific achievements worth 35G, but also if you make sure you're main account is away from the action you will get the achievement for completing a level without taking damage for 20G. And if that isn't enough for you, how about sticking 3 skulls on to get that achievement for 50G!

Making that a combined total of 185G for one level. Eeeeasssy
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Nice, dude! Good luck earning the rest of the achievements.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The entire game works like this. The only two achievements that don't work are the for killing Banshees on Level 2 and Wraiths on Level 5. You have to do these with your own controller. You'll also have an issue completing level 7 because both players will need to be present. You'll probably want to get the speed run achievement solo since it will mostly involve skipping fights. You won't want to have to do that with two players.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
SilverSluggerMZ

SilverSluggerMZ's Gamercard
Awesome find. I am about to try this tonight.

100% All Call of Duties.

Completed Retail: 36
Completed Arcade: 7
SilverSluggerMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
v3rmicid3

Send a message via MSN to v3rmicid3

v3rmicide's Gamercard
I can confirm that this works no problem. I was able to get. 6 or 7 achievements in one run doing this.
v3rmicid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The entire game works like this. The only two achievements that don't work are the for killing Banshees on Level 2 and Wraiths on Level 5. You have to do these with your own controller. You'll also have an issue completing level 7 because both players will need to be present. You'll probably want to get the speed run achievement solo since it will mostly involve skipping fights. You won't want to have to do that with two players.
Also you can not achieve That Just Happened in split screen Co-op - you either have to do it solo or do it with a friend online.
WooliestRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Ari Haswari
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooliestRaptor View Post
Also you can not achieve That Just Happened in split screen Co-op - you either have to do it solo or do it with a friend online.
Not sure. I did got all the achievements offline w/o any help from online. But then again I used a 2nd acct. The only thing I can confirm is that beating "The Library" coop w/ a dummy controller is impossible. I know I tried. It's the only one I haven't beaten on legendary coop yet. got to do it online. Also its the only level of the entire game I hate the most and is the most difficult.
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote