PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter X Tekken
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #31
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Phive View Post
I hope the DLC that drops at the end of the month breathes new life into the online, I still need to get about 250 more matches under my belt to unlock The Harsh Road & The Endless Road.
i think it will, especially after EVO. at lest thats why i am so excited about the new characters.

i have like 5 friends already which are coming back to it too. the main reason why i didnīt want to get it in the first place was the "end of september" release date because TTT2 and DOA5 were supposed to be out to and i canīt play 3 fighters at once, i am not tokido.

i am not very good anymore probably but i learn quick and improve pretty fast so if you want some matches when the DLC is out you can send me FR if you want

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #32
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
i canīt play 3 fighters at once, i am not tokido.

i am not very good anymore probably but i learn quick and improve pretty fast
Ehem... I think you mean Chris G.

Anyway, I started playing the game again today and it's like the easiest fighting game out there so you'll be back in shape in no time. Online is still laggy though.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #33
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was disappointed playing SFxT. I was expecting a game which would have blown my face off but it's just not as great as SF4/SSF4.

I wouldn't go as far as boycotting them completely, especially if they release Monster Hunter in Europe or remake Power Stone.

Why won't they remake Power Stone? Why? Why?

Damn I'm so depressed.

Last edited by CHIRUNO99; 07-12-2012 at 08:14 PM.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
i mean tokido who is playing soul calibur, SSFIV, SFxT, UMvC, VF, Tekken, BlazBlue and shortly KoF.

he was in top 8 with 5 of these already if you put the last 2 evos together if i remember it right. getting a evo seat in this many games is already insane.

he always played a load of different FGs, thats also a reason why he is one of the 5 gods.

why chris G? he plays skullgirls SSF and marvel as far as i know.

My MAL

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 07-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #35
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Chris G play Marvel, SSF4, SFxTK, Skullgirls, KOF and MK9. Well yeah, I guess Tokido plays more. Was just messing around cause I'm fan of him and his so called "lame" tactics.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

his morrigan tactic is uber lame but effective.

My MAL

Old 08-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #37
Warpath Wolf

Warpath Wolf's Gamercard
Still finding enough people, though sometimes I have to wait for a couple of minutes but that's okay. Enjoying this game pretty much. First Beat em up-Game since ages.

Sig made by Alabastermatt

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Warpath Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #38
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath Wolf View Post
Still finding enough people, though sometimes I have to wait for a couple of minutes but that's okay. Enjoying this game pretty much. First Beat em up-Game since ages.
yeah since the DLC characters were released i even find people from the same region pretty quick.

My MAL

Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #39
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
his morrigan tactic is uber lame but effective.
What is the definition of lame exactly? I call it zoning or keep away. I came across this video a while ago and it's very informative. I know it's long but you can always watch it whenever you're bored.

I love playing defensive myself with my Guile/King team and I keep getting hate messages from scrubs (who I beat free) who obviously don't know shit about fighting games. I know I'm not an expert but I feel like I know enough.

Even though I'm going for mix-ups, overheads and play footsies, they still complain because I threw more than 5 Sonicbooms. I'm considering dropping King for someone like Raven in order to piss those people off even more. Most of the time, I just block and wait till my opponent makes a mistake and then I punish it instead of mashing buttons.

Just because you don't know how to beat a certain character or person doesn't mean that player is cheating or that it's unfair. Learn to adapt.

Last edited by M1 Punk; 08-08-2012 at 09:56 AM.
M1 Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #40
Warpath Wolf

Warpath Wolf's Gamercard
Quote:
yeah since the DLC characters were released i even find people from the same region pretty quick.
Yes, same for me when searching, didn't expect to find that many Germans playing the game.

Sig made by Alabastermatt

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Warpath Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #41
b00ned

pSyciiK's Gamercard
Most people avoided it because of bugs.

It's completley broken on Xbox because of the diagonal input issue.

b00ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #42
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Any word on this major update Capcom talked about, that would change the game completely? Kinda like a Super Version but in the form of a free update instead of a retail release.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #43
Doopliss SWE

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00ned View Post
Most people avoided it because of bugs.

It's completley broken on Xbox because of the diagonal input issue.
Quite sure that was fixed.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #44
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post

Just because you don't know how to beat a certain character or person doesn't mean that player is cheating or that it's unfair. Learn to adapt.

The Art of Lame -- A Study in Defensive Play - YouTube
sorry for being so late on this one.

definition of lame? well in my case its just a personal opinion regarding this style. btw. even the video is called "the art of lame". chris g doesnīt play defensive he just uses the same move with morrigan which is fine but dieminion on the other hand is a defensive player and in my eyes a genius with incredible skill.

i know its zoning and i never said anything about cheating or unfair i just said its lame. thats how i feel about this fighting style. i have no problem fighting or loosing to someone so defensive but i donīt have to like it.

My MAL

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 09-16-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #45
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
CoregBlue1
play to win!
Why should i play bad only a player cant handle the same moves?
LOL learn the game
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #46
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal2807 View Post
CoregBlue1
play to win!
Why should i play bad only a player cant handle the same moves?
LOL learn the game
i donīt exactly know if you agree or disagree with me to be honest.

My MAL

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
Bullitt24

Bullitt24's Gamercard
Just got the game used and I cant get into any matches online to save my life. Gonna return the game this weekend and put the store credit tword fifa 13.
Bullitt24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #48
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt24 View Post
Just got the game used and I cant get into any matches online to save my life. Gonna return the game this weekend and put the store credit tword fifa 13.
That's the wisest thing you can do. I guess the release of TTT2 gave this game the final blow. I literally buried my copy of the game in my backyard a while ago.

It had so much potential, may it rest in peace.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #49
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
i donīt exactly know if you agree or disagree with me to be honest.
I didn't understand him either.

Regarding your opinion on lame or 'move spam' honestly that creates the one trait most gamers lack today, discipline. Usually you can gain discipline by playing a charge character but Marvel players don't know what that is, since it's just rushdown in order to get a touch of death combo going.

Not to mention Morrigan is using this same pattern: Fireball, fly, Fireball, unfly. Rinse and repeat and with Doom's missiles he has screen control. Technically thanks to the pressure the opponent just gets frustrated and does stupid things (Raw tag, non-invincible supers etc.) which is why he gets the upper hand and wins a lot of his matches.

It's also the same reason that although Chris G always makes it far, the top players in the game seem to have an upper hand and manage to beat him in the end. Simply because experience gives discipline. Technically it separates the button mashers from the people who are studying as they're playing, so I can see how as a spectator it's really annoying to watch.

Quote:
That's the wisest thing you can do. I guess the release of TTT2 gave this game the final blow. I literally buried my copy of the game in my backyard a while ago.

It had so much potential, may it rest in peace.
Definitely agree, I think what gave this game a tough time was the time it was released. We just got AE 2012 at the beginning and before that people were still studying the meta game of UMvC3. With all these fighters coming back they tried to squeeze in one more capcom fighting game and honestly it didn't cut it. It felt like the developers were lost whole making the engine, as it has hype combos and great teamwork potential but one huge thing they messed up (IMO) is the damage scaling. If pokes were going to be the dominant part of the game, they made a huge design flaw right there as the game instantly becomes boring to 90% of the community other than the people who study for frames and such. I don't care if I die in two combos if they have 3 bars or even one crazy combo that requires 1 frame links or something but don't shoo off the MvC community by nerfing any combo past 4 hits.

Considering all the hype and amazing video packages, the gems weren't a problem until the defense gems were implemented. That and they should have just made Ryu and Ken mid or top mid tier like they are in every street fighter game, not give them huge hit box advantages since people only played Ryu in tournaments because he's so damn easy to play compared to the 40+ roster. Shame, since I personally think SF4 is boring (Since i'm ass at it.) and would've liked to see this game evolve more.

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.

Last edited by Ayx; 09-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #50
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
so I can see how as a spectator it's really annoying to watch.
I don't know man, I actually find it incredibly exciting to watch. Wondering if Chris G's opponent can come up with something brilliant in order to get in.

BTW, I really think Morrigan is more that just Fireball, Fly, Fireball, Un-fly. Chris G can play ridiculous offensive without throwing projectiles when he needs to on characters that can counter or outplay her with projectiles. (Dormammu, Hawkeye, Ammy etc.)

Other thing I noticed is that he knows when to call out or protect his Doom assist. That's easier said than done, Doom is on the screen for like 5 seconds which is enough time to finish him off with certain supers and DHC's.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #51
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know man, I actually find it incredibly exciting to watch. Wondering if Chris G's opponent can come up with something brilliant in order to get in.

BTW, I really think Morrigan is more that just Fireball, Fly, Fireball, Un-fly. Chris G can play ridiculous offensive without throwing projectiles when he needs to on characters that can counter or outplay her with projectiles. (Dormammu, Hawkeye, Ammy etc.)

Other thing I noticed is that he knows when to call out or protect his Doom assist. That's easier said than done, Doom is on the screen for like 5 seconds which is enough time to finish him off with certain supers and DHC's.
Same, I actually enjoy watching his matches. Although I definitely preferred his old Ammy/Ryu team back in Vanilla but he took a character no one used until he made that strategy work.

Oh I know, Morrigan's offensive combos are actually really tight and require a buttload of muscle memory, I'm saying his "lame" pattern is simply that which in theory is extremely simplified. Honestly when people are saying "spamming omg" I always find it humorous since they're the easiest patterns to exploit, compared to some that have really strong 50/50 games.

Yeah, usually he calls him as she's going down so when she lands on the ground she shoots her normal fireball and goes back up so they have to chip two fireballs which gives Doom normally enough time. There's only a few armor supers (I definitely recommend C. Viper for the matchup, although MarlinPie has trouble against Chris.) but if people exploit it, they're gold. I agree with Chris G in that interview when he says that people change their main focus to killing his team to simply killing Morrigan by any means. Honestly, Morrigan alone isn't even that much of a problem since people don't have a crazy time with it when Dieminion plays her. Then again I'm more of a "theory fighter" than an actual player in Marvel. :c

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #52
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
Definitely agree, I think what gave this game a tough time was the time it was released. We just got AE 2012 at the beginning and before that people were still studying the meta game of UMvC3. With all these fighters coming back they tried to squeeze in one more capcom fighting game and honestly it didn't cut it. It felt like the developers were lost whole making the engine, as it has hype combos and great teamwork potential but one huge thing they messed up (IMO) is the damage scaling. If pokes were going to be the dominant part of the game, they made a huge design flaw right there as the game instantly becomes boring to 90% of the community other than the people who study for frames and such. I don't care if I die in two combos if they have 3 bars or even one crazy combo that requires 1 frame links or something but don't shoo off the MvC community by nerfing any combo past 4 hits.

Considering all the hype and amazing video packages, the gems weren't a problem until the defense gems were implemented. That and they should have just made Ryu and Ken mid or top mid tier like they are in every street fighter game, not give them huge hit box advantages since people only played Ryu in tournaments because he's so damn easy to play compared to the 40+ roster. Shame, since I personally think SF4 is boring (Since i'm ass at it.) and would've liked to see this game evolve more.
I think the release date was well picked, I just feels like the game was rushed or something. Releasing a fighting game in the first quarter of the year seems like the right time to me, pretty much no competition.

As for the damage scaling, I never had any complaints about that. Sure a dickhead like Ryu can do over 50% damage with 1 bar, but you can recover a lot of health by tagging out your characters. I myself play charge characters (Bison/Guile) and they're damage output is ass! I may be able to 450+ damage with Bison if I can land a jumping Fierce/Roundhouse but that doesn't happen to often. Although a character like Bison does benefit a lot from the juggling system and the A+B+C+Launch combos.

I can name 10 things I hate about this game but I still wanna play it. I love the characters (even though Capcom robbed me of 12), the art style, the 2 on 2 battles (adds more variety and strategy), extending combos with tags, team supers etc.

I can't believe I'm saying this but they should really make a "Super" version of this game. It's pretty much impossible to nail a great fighting game the first time. SSF4 and UMvC3 did fix a lot of problems.

Last edited by M1 Punk; 09-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
M1 Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #53
greedo911

heavytiger47's Gamercard
I second the "Super" version of this game. I think Capcom has a lot of potential with this one. It's just that it totally feels like a maiden voyage.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #54
Blessed Sin

Send a message via Yahoo to Blessed Sin Send a message via Skype™ to Blessed Sin

CulpaExMachina's Gamercard
Tons of potential, but Capcom is all about boning its customers dry.
I mean if they wanted to actually succeed the version 2013 is going to help a bit, but they should still have a 1v1 option and they need to fix the mistake they made for the Xbox release with no online versus. That's the part I think is complete bullshit. Make an issue like that, and then say you're not going to fix it.

Blessed Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #55
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
In case some people are reading this thread to determine whether they should buy the game, it's almost a year after the last post and this game is still active.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #56
DieCobros

DieCobros's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
In case some people are reading this thread to determine whether they should buy the game, it's almost a year after the last post and this game is still active.
Agreed. I played the game online the other day, and there was still people playing, same rank and region too.
DieCobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:22 AM   #57
bob101910

The PC version is deader than dead. The Xbox version is great.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #58
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
For people that are curious, the game has a decently active community right now. I can always find matches and its not the same 4 people over and over and over again .
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #59
darkkloud23

Kloud1123's Gamercard
Why did they close the "achievement trading" thread for a game that still has a somewhat active community and live servers????? Kinda counter productive to what this website/community is meant for....

WELL, either way, if anyone wants to idle boost the 500 matchs then shoot me a message. Im currently a little over 200 fights. Please put SFxTekken or something that indicates this game in the message.

GT: Kloud1123

Last edited by darkkloud23; 05-11-2014 at 10:39 PM.
darkkloud23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #60
bob101910

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkloud23 View Post
Why did they close the "achievement trading" thread for a game that still has a somewhat active community and live servers????? Kinda counter productive to what this website/community is meant for....

WELL, either way, if anyone wants to idle boost the 500 matchs then shoot me a message. Im currently a little over 200 fights. Please put SFxTekken or something that indicates this game in the message.

GT: Kloud1123

They probably want people using this http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=571389

Xbox 360 version still active as of 05/11/14
PC version still dead as bowls