PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Zone of the Enders HD Collection > Zone of the Enders
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
2nd rescue mission

WTF

whoever thought this up is hopefully going to rot in hell for the rest of eternity. Seriously, you have to rescure 100% of the people (no problem) and have a maximum destruction rate of 10% or less for an A-rank.

Here comes the kicker. The second mission takes place in town 2 where you previously fought Tempest. The shit he destroys counts towards the 10%. Problem his, no matter what I do or how I act, after sending the first few fireballs he ALWAYS does an attack that destroy the exact six buildings beneath him.

My best rank on the 2nd rescue mission is B with 19% buildings destroyd. I counted. 10 buildings. So if my math is correct and the logic of the game is not some made up bullshit, I only can have a maximum of 5 buildings in that area destroyed. And even if the 6 buildings somehow accumulate only 9.8% than there is still the problem of finishing the mission without any extra destruction. And since there are 6 squads the possibility of that is so low that I'm not even sure I could pull it off. Not without some seriously bullshit luck.

It's the only real problem in the whole collection and I hate it more and more.

If somebody can come up with a good solution, I will thank you forever. But even though the game is 11 years old, I couldn't find one helpful guide on how to get the A-rank on that mission. It is driving me insane.

EDIT: Ok, I now have a save file with only the 6 buildings destroyed. After I get the A-rank on the first rescue mission (for the thrid time now >.>) I will try my hardest to see, if this is even possible with the six buildings. I managed no extra destruction last time but I had 8 destroyed buildings from the Tempest fight. Will see how it goes.

I've now spent more time doing this than on the rest of the game. Not even ZoE2 was this hard to SS.

EDIT 2: Ok, I've done and still only 11,7% This shit is pissing me off. Until someone finds a way to do it, I keep my hands off the game so I won't go insane. This is such horrible game design.

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD

Last edited by L0cke89; 10-30-2012 at 04:50 PM.
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey I understand, I played PS2 version in past and it is very annoyed part. But I still manageable it. Look forward this collection for christmas.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Hey I understand, I played PS2 version in past and it is very annoyed part. But I still manageable it. Look forward this collection for christmas.
I just got the 1k today and now know how to it. Will work on a guide that covers everything ^^

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
I didn't have any real problems with the game at all. EXCEPT FOR THIS! I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get past the second rescue mission. I can get past the first one fine, but I can't seem to get anything below 20.8% damage.

Any tips that you have, let me know, because I'm going to go bald if I keep playing this game.

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
MagneticPhil

MagneticPhil's Gamercard
This isn't as hard as it seems. A good strategy is to stick close to Tempest in his first form so he just does that fire spray attack that doesn't seem to hurt the buildings. In his second form, just stay in the river area and keep him faced away from the buildings. After the battle, leave the area right away so you don't have to fight the other frames and risk damaging more buildings. Hope this helps!
MagneticPhil is offline   Reply With Quote