PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Revan654

Revan654's Gamercard
Encyclopedia of the Common Man?

Does anyone know all the activities for each job?
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I will list job title, then icon, then activities

Lance the Woodworker (La) - Checking the fence, messing with the wheelbarrow, and sanding the plank

Elle the Tailor (El) - Examining the chair, threading a jacket, knitting in a chair [all of these are located to the building on the right if looking directly at her house]

Oliver and Corrine the Innkeepers (Ol) & (Co) - Cutting meat(Ol), Turning the spit(Co), Whipping the Bull around the circle thing(Co) [These are all done outside of the inn around back]

Dave the Blacksmith (Da) - Sharpening the axe on the grindstone, Fitting horseshoes on the horse, using the furnace/hammering metal

Norris the Miner (No) - Oiling a lamp to the left of the entrance to the mine, using a pickaxe inside the mine, panning for gold [He is located on the Southwestern part of the map]

Myrian the Huntress (My) - Cleaning a musket, Rotating a spit with rabbits on it, hunting wild game in the woods [She is the northern most house on the map]

Doctor White (Ly) - Walking with a toolbox to pick plants behind his house, sitting on a stump reading his notes/journaling, playing bowls with Terry

Prudence and Walter the Farmers (Pr) & (Wa) - Plowing the field(Wa), Milking the cow(Pr), Cutting wheat(Pr), Pouring grain(Wa)

Terry and Godfrey the Lumberers (Te) & (Jo) - Both men sawing wood back and forth with a large saw, Chopping wood together, Loading a wagon
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)

Last edited by Fatalfox; 11-04-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was going to try and wait until I got them all, but it's taking too long since they like to reset if I get too far away.

Tailor
  • Measuring dress shirt
  • Sewing in chair
  • Washing clothes
Innkeeper
  • Pitching hay
  • Rotating food on spit
  • Watching livestock grind wheat
Doctor
  • Tending to herbs behind his house
  • Reading a book under a tree in front of his house
  • Playing a game of Bowls
Blacksmith
  • Nailing shoes on horse
  • Constructing wagon wheel
  • Sharpening axe
Miner
  • Lightning lantern at mine entrance
  • Getting pickaxe from shed/mining with pickaxe (considered one task)
  • Sifting by the river
Farmer
  • Milking cow
  • Plowing field
  • Cutting wheat
Lumberers
  • Putting wood in wagon
  • Chopping wood
  • Using two-man saw
Huntress
  • Cleaning musket
  • Rotating food on spit
  • Firing musket at an animal
Woodworker
  • Cleaning a chair
  • Sanding a piece of wood
  • Examining wheel barrow contents while writing in a book
Ok, finally got them all. What I did if they were doing something I already had was go a good distance away on horse then return to see if they were either doing something different or in a new location. Good luck with this one.

Last edited by Morbious17; 11-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
xPaRaPhOiAx

Send a message via MSN to xPaRaPhOiAx Send a message via Skype™ to xPaRaPhOiAx

xPaRaPhOiAx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Morbious, did you do this all at one time? Like do they switch activities for you to keep scanning or was this over a period of time, like leaving and re-loading homestead? I only have like 4 entries, and all homestead missions completed >_<''
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaRaPhOiAx View Post
Morbious, did you do this all at one time? Like do they switch activities for you to keep scanning or was this over a period of time, like leaving and re-loading homestead? I only have like 4 entries, and all homestead missions completed >_<''
I got 2-4 entries before completing all missions. The rest of this I did during daytime back to back.

I'm really hating the doctor. No matter how long I wait or where I go, he always goes back to stare at his herbs while they grow.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
Predni

zasta 360gametv's Gamercard
This Achievement is glitched in my Game

I "scan" Woodworker 2/3 and the Games tell my the Woodworker is complete, now i have all other and Woodworker 2/3 and cant scan new Jobs from the Woodworker because the Games tell me Woodworker is done but he isnīt and so no Achievement

I hope Ubisoft fix that!

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
T00L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
This Achievement is glitched in my Game

I "scan" Woodworker 2/3 and the Games tell my the Woodworker is complete, now i have all other and Woodworker 2/3 and cant scan new Jobs from the Woodworker because the Games tell me Woodworker is done but he isnīt and so no Achievement

I hope Ubisoft fix that!

regards
This achievement seems to be glitched for a lot of people, including me. It states that I have scanned everything, but the achievement won't come.
T00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
fehag

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
This achievement seems to be glitched for a lot of people, including me. It states that I have scanned everything, but the achievement won't come.
It's the other way around on my game. I've got the achievement but my game says that I'm 2/3 at the carpenter but it always tells me that I have him (Lance) already completed. This achievement is definitively glitched some way.
fehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It is better to wait until around sequence 12 as everyone in the homestead will be doing what they are supposed to and in the right spots. Also make sure if there are speech icons you go do those or those people won't move around.
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #10
MAJORPOOPY

MAJORPOOPY's Gamercard
Also glitched for me

Okay, so for me, I have 3/3 on everyone. BUT, if you go into the menu under homestead and check out the requirements for this achievement, it will say the name of the artisan (3/3) and then underneath it will say something about the log book being updated in the manor. It should say this under each completed artisan. My problem is that I have 3/3 on everyone, but the FARMER category did not update the log book in the manor.

To double check, I ran upstairs in the manor to check out the log book. Sure enough, all the artisan information was there, besides Farmer.

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait for a patch.

Gonna be pissed if it doesn't because this was a fairly time consuming achievement.
MAJORPOOPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJORPOOPY View Post
Okay, so for me, I have 3/3 on everyone. BUT, if you go into the menu under homestead and check out the requirements for this achievement, it will say the name of the artisan (3/3) and then underneath it will say something about the log book being updated in the manor. It should say this under each completed artisan. My problem is that I have 3/3 on everyone, but the FARMER category did not update the log book in the manor.

To double check, I ran upstairs in the manor to check out the log book. Sure enough, all the artisan information was there, besides Farmer.

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait achievement.
Same here, and I can still scan more farmer activities even after 3/3

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Revan654

Revan654's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalfox View Post
I will list job title, then icon, then activities

Woodworker (La) - Checking the fence, messing with the wheelbarrow, and sanding the plank
Who's LA? I just can't picture this character for some reason. Where on the Homestead does the character usually spawn?

Last edited by Revan654; 11-03-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Lance. He's across from the innkeepers.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
Ice-012

Ice012's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
Who's LA? I just can't picture this character for some reason(Unless I haven't gotten this character yet). Where on the Homestead does the character usually spawn?

He's Lance. His house is just South of Godfrey/Terry(Lumberers) house.

EDIT: Morbious beat me to it
Ice-012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Revan654

Revan654's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
Lance. He's across from the innkeepers.
Thanks, I ran into a glitch. it says I have scanned him 2/3 but the next line it's listed as complete for him.

-------

AC3 is buggy as hell.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #16
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
I'm glitched as well... I have everything 3/3 but the farmers did not update to the log... It's allowing me to scan certain activities still but it just keeps saying 3/3 won't update...

Watch, there's gonna be a patch for this and everyone who has 3/3 and no achievement already are gonna be screwed over because it won't unlock the achievement straight away and we'll have to play the whole game over, the thing that sucks is that this mission also goes toward completionist...
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
T00L

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7x4lyf3 View Post
Watch, there's gonna be a patch for this and everyone who has 3/3 and no achievement already are gonna be screwed over because it won't unlock the achievement straight away and we'll have to play the whole game over, the thing that sucks is that this mission also goes toward completionist...
Where did you read that ?!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T00L View Post
Where did you read that ?!
The achievement description... lol It says complete ALL progress tracker grid entries, side missions are tracked, the Encyclopedia counts as a homestead side mission.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
Quote:
The achievement description... lol It says complete ALL progress tracker grid entries, side missions are tracked, the Encyclopedia counts as a homestead side mission.
I am not 100% sure this is true, as when looking at my DNA tracker, the side mission isn't referenced in any of the homestead DNA strands. Of course this may be wishful thinking on my part as the quest glitched for me along with a lot of people.

Ideally if someone who completed the quest could check their DNA tracker and see, that would be useful.
Mr Stoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
T00L

Quote:
Well, the achievement is glitched in my game too, but in my progress tracker all homestead side missions are 100% completed. I don't think it affects the Completionist achievement. Everything else is just speculation.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #21
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
I have an earlier save I am rolling back to and am going to get to the point where all homesteaders are unlocked. At this point I will try doing some experimentation to see if I can figure out what glitches the quest when scanning people and if it can be possibly avoided.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
Guneagle229

well for me im having an issue with one of the workers.its the miner (Norris). i only have 1 of his loged info and for some reason he wont do anything else.like all he does is either mine, talk with myrime or sits in a chair and cutting some wood.he doesnt do any of the ones that i need to get all 3.iv'e been doing this for a while now.i leave and come back and still nothing.
Guneagle229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
I just hope that IF they make a patch for it, that everyone who has 3/3 already can unlock the achievement right away. I DON'T wanna have to play the game ALL over again just to go for this achievement, I'm a completionist whore and this WILL bother me...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
tehvgg

Send a message via Skype™ to tehvgg

o phnx's Gamercard
I have 3/3 for them all, but 2/3 for the lumberer's. The only bloody thing they do now is fish, smoke, eat apples, and inspect the cart. Once in a while they chop wood, but I already have that. I have left it on, watching them day and night, they do NOTHING. FFS...

So disappointing that at launch, a title like this is this buggy.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #25
Guneagle229

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJORPOOPY View Post

Tried deleting the patch, observing again, but it only says 3/3 every time with no log book update. Not sure what else to do but hopefully wait for a patch.

Gonna be pissed if it doesn't because this was a fairly time consuming achievement.

i just played the game and this is happing to me as well but only for me it says that i only have 2/3 for the woodworker but the info is logged back in the manor.but im in the same pickle as you. i have all 3/3 for farmers but i dont have logg info in the manor so now im like wtf really.so i have to idea what to do.all i know is this game really making want to throw it out my window >.<
Guneagle229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #26
SteelHavok

SteelHavok's Gamercard
Maybe I'm missing something, but what do you do? I walk up to them when they're working and nothing prompts me to scan them or anything. When I click the left stick for "Assassin Vision" they are orange instead of blue, but then what?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by SteelHavok; 11-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.
SteelHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #27
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Add me to that list :/

Game is so glitchy. No idea where to find the remaining assassination contracts either since half the shit you need doesn't show up on your map.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

me too, 3/3 on everybody but the damn farmers aren't in the book. i think the problem is that the farmers have a LOT more then 3 jobs, so the game even though it lists them as 3/3 theres a bunch more that need scanning, i've been trying to follow them all day and have probably gotten 5 out of each of them, still doesn't have them added to the book yet......
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #29
EsKiBoY xX

EsKiBoY xX's Gamercard
My farmers also has 3/3 but has not updated in the manor. I also have 1 more for norris and 1 more for lance. Should i leave them for now so if it does get patched i can then complete them and see if it unlocks?
EsKiBoY xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
Ok so I managed to unlock the achievement after rolling back to an earlier save and scanning people in a different order. On my previous save I was glitched at 3/3 farmers with no entry in the database and 2/3 on woodworkers with an entry on database.

This is what I did different the second time round. For the farmers I only scanned primrose's activites and ignored her husband.

For the woodworker I think it somehow glitched on the previous save when I scanned Lance talking to Godfrey and somehow the game gets confused about which of the lumberer or woodworker that scan should count towards.

Now I will point out this is just from my limited observations so may in fact not add up to much, but its what worked for me and may help others.