PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Age of Empires Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #151
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiochao View Post
I am able to win wonder matches against the unstoppable AI now by building my own wonders. I've done four matches without any trouble but I bring along an AI ally just to give me some defence in the event of an overpowering attack.
Yeah, I have done the same, and even without a wonder-oriented advisor it is still easy to beat the AI to completion. I was just hoping to figure out an AFK version because I am seriously done with this game and just need the Sphinxter to drop. LOL!
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #152
Pea Tear Gryphon

Las Veg Oz's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me if you can obtain the Large Pyramid & Large Step pyramid from a chest/skirmish daily? I know you can obtain them from quest rewards from the Egypt quest line, but I use a Greek Civ. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed this mentioned somewhere else!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #153
mhkerr

mickerr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea Tear Gryphon View Post
Can anyone tell me if you can obtain the Large Pyramid & Large Step pyramid from a chest/skirmish daily? I know you can obtain them from quest rewards from the Egypt quest line, but I use a Greek Civ. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I missed this mentioned somewhere else!
No only given as a quest reward, get your Greeks to 40 then do some alliance quests, should earn enough EP to get Egypt for free in about a month or less
mhkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #154
Pea Tear Gryphon

Las Veg Oz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkerr View Post
No only given as a quest reward, get your Greeks to 40 then do some alliance quests, should earn enough EP to get Egypt for free in about a month or less
Thanks for the quick response! I have a Egyptian civ...its just I havent played it in forever and I am only lvl 8. Alright well I guess its time work on that! Thanks for clarifying that I can grab those buildings on egypt for sure though!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #155
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiochao View Post
The main reason I am able to win is because of my advisor. An epic King Nannus will lower the cost of your wonder to 3000 gold, stone and wood.
That, and the fact that with the new update it no longer requires 25k of each resource!

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #156
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
well its totally not working for me
its been a whole year now and im not getting the sphinx. no matter how many times i do quests or buy at moes, simply no blueprints.. but a lot of useless vanity tickets
Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #157
bakum4tsu

Does anyone knows if its possible to get Sphinx, Tomb or small step piramid while playing the fertile crescent missions? The new missions pack.

Im already 40 in Egyptian and i'm missiong those buildings.

bakum4tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #158
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

i read somewhere that they are. problem is, the boosterpack, anniversary update and babylonian civ added so much more items and those vanity tickets (which seem to drop awfully lot in chests to me) that really take so much chances off of getting one of those desired blueprints. your best bet is still moes with level 20 chests or any other chest thats not to much higher.
you get way to much equip or other things in higher level chests. hope you are getting lucky, i am not
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #159
bakum4tsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayV3d View Post
i read somewhere that they are. problem is, the boosterpack, anniversary update and babylonian civ added so much more items and those vanity tickets (which seem to drop awfully lot in chests to me) that really take so much chances off of getting one of those desired blueprints. your best bet is still moes with level 20 chests or any other chest thats not to much higher.
you get way to much equip or other things in higher level chests. hope you are getting lucky, i am not
your right. Those vanity stuff and all the new stuff are taking away chances for the wanted blue prints to show up. Im gonna run argos again though i've reached level 40 in egipt.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #160
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

yes! finally the first of the 3 missing blueprints! yay me!

got the This. Is. Spartaaaaaaaaaan! blueprint from the old fishers 6 day repeatable "Bella, come home!" quest. (you get his building from a chest too..)

funny since the chest was level 17 and not 20 as usual, but i dont mind. still 2 to go!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #161
bakum4tsu

Im only missing the sphinx. The last one i got was Tomb in a legendary mission at alliance wars called defending egipt or something.

I heard the sphinx its the most difficult to find and i can confirm that

Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #162
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakum4tsu View Post
Im only missing the sphinx. The last one i got was Tomb in a legendary mission at alliance wars called defending egipt or something.

I heard the sphinx its the most difficult to find and i can confirm that

Not for me!

The Tomb took the longest to find. For the others, I ended up with 2 of each, except for the Sphinx, of which I found 3.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #163
bakum4tsu

eheh good for you. Do you remember when did you get sphinx? Even though that doesnt really matter cause you might get it anywhere.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #164
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
eheh good for you. Do you remember when did you get sphinx? Even though that doesnt really matter cause you might get it anywhere.
To be fair, it took me 331 hours to accrue all of those... I got every achievement building from Moe's, as did my friend. We both received them all from level 30 chests. I mixed it up from time to time with 40's etc, but they never gave the buildings.

They are close to the worst achievements I have come across, as you need to rely completely on luck. I did a fair bit of grinding on the daily repeatables for Alliance mode, then sold what I had received and went to Moe's. That was my ritual for several weeks, until I finally found the last building I needed. I wish they were tradable, so others wouldn't need to go through the same BS.

Good luck, I hope you find it soon.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #165
bakum4tsu

eheh good luck mate. Its been a while since i wnet to moe's, im saving money for it but unlike you, all my buildings were won by completing quests/treasure chests even though i've tried to get them through moe's. I do love the game otherwise i wouldnt be spending so much time with it because of these stupid lucky ass achievements lolol yes they are one of the words i've come across too and its ridicilous.

Do you already got all the achievements?

btw, where do you see the hours spent in the game? im curious about mine.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #166
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
eheh good luck mate. Its been a while since i wnet to moe's, im saving money for it but unlike you, all my buildings were won by completing quests/treasure chests even though i've tried to get them through moe's. I do love the game otherwise i wouldnt be spending so much time with it because of these stupid lucky ass achievements lolol yes they are one of the words i've come across too and its ridicilous.

Do you already got all the achievements?

btw, where do you see the hours spent in the game? im curious about mine.
Cheers. Well, that's the thing, it is luck. i may get them all from Moe's, you may get them all from quests. I may get them in 300 hours, you might get them within 10. That's why they are bullshit, as you can't directly influence them, there is no skill involved other than maybe being able to cross your fingers. lol. It's definitely a great game, very reminiscent of AoEII, besides the art style. It would be hell if you didn't like it and were only playing for the achievements, it would make these buildings even worse.

I do have all of the achievements, thankfully. GPG are releasing the Norse civilization soon though, so I'm not sure whether they will include more achievements then. 1455 is such a strange number.

I play the game through Steam, which keeps track of your hours played for every game. If you grabbed it from the GFWL marketplace or the AoE:O website, I think something like Raptr would be an option for tracking time. It only tracks from when you sign up... Steam is more convenient.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #167
bakum4tsu

I dont think it will have more achievements since the game now is free, as you could see with the babylons who don't have achievements. Its a shame but thats the way it is. I think the civs were all supposed to have achievements but since the game turned out free, guess its over.

Ah yes steam shows the time. Regarding raptr, i dont think they track the time well but oh well, it doesnt really matter, it was just curiosity. But wait a minute... 118 hours regarding raptr. Thats a bit.

Since i dont want more civs (no achievements) unless its one i really like, i guess im gonna start wasting EP in decoration and stuff like that lol

Im starting now defense of crete so i guess it will boost the hours of the game since that thing take ages to get all the materials to build the statues. Its ridiculous once again ahah

take care

Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #168
bakum4tsu

Just won sphinx at one of the first quest of the norse booster pack. Finally!!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #169
Bears Scare Me

Bears Scare Me's Gamercard
So far I have gotten the Library from the repeatable "Age" quests in Sparta (level 35-38 chest) and the Spartan Academy from one of the Ambrosia Obsession sub quests (level 40 chest) in the Fertile Crescent pack. Gotta keep grinding.
Bears Scare Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #170
Wcbezoeker

Wcbezoeker's Gamercard
I do no have have time to do a lot of missions, so I bought some online coins to invest in Moe's. I have spent over 400k in Moe's, like 300k in level 20 chests and 100k in level 25 chests but no Tomb, Library or Academy yet. Can anyone confirm that they still can be found at Moe's in level 20 chests after last years update??

I can confirm that the Sphinx can be found in level 30 chests at Moe's.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #171
Kaelnysa

Kaelnysa's Gamercard
Spartan

Well the Spartan one can be found in level 40 moes chests i can say that much so i have to assume so can the others but can only say 40 chests specificly.
40k Achievement - Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires - Cleared Yellow Turban Rebellion
50k Achievement - Age of Empires Online - Not the Bees!
Kaelnysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #172
Wcbezoeker

Wcbezoeker's Gamercard
Ok thanks. I found a tomb in a level 20 chest.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #173
Wcbezoeker

Wcbezoeker's Gamercard
I am so happy right now. I found my library in a level 40 chest at Moe's. Thank god that I didn't have any duplicates. Got one of all of them.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #174
rc54321

This achievement is a pain in a neck. I Still need the Library and Sphinx .
rc54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #175
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Agreed. I have yet to find the Sphinx, which is the last achievement I need in the game. Very tired of grinding it out, and I have spent over 3 million at Moe's so far, mostly on level 40 chests.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #176
noob school bus

noob schoo1 bus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Agreed. I have yet to find the Sphinx, which is the last achievement I need in the game. Very tired of grinding it out, and I have spent over 3 million at Moe's so far, mostly on level 40 chests.
Go for level 20-25 chests. I found 4 achievement buildings from Moe's in level 20 chests after about 100k. The sphinx is the rarest one undoubtedly. Across 6 civs I have 5 Libraries, 4 Tombs, 2 Academy and 1 Sphinx.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #177
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

I finally got a Sphinx and am done with the game. Total spent at Moe's was just over 8 million gold, mostly on level 40 chests. I know the Sphinx is available in lower level chests, but I made much of that 8 million by selling in the trade channel various items I got out of those level 40 chests, including two hammers I sold for 1.5 million each.

At any rate, all done!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #178
Vic Mackey

Spent about 10 million in coin made about 5 million in coin and got all the blueprints except the sphinx at least 4 times each. Fucking sphinx took forever. Lvl 40 chests are key.
Vic Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #179
VersionJ

v3r510nj's Gamercard
You guys trying to farm the achievement buildings may want to check this out.

http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/y...aspx#post10283
VersionJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #180
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionJ View Post
You guys trying to farm the achievement buildings may want to check this out.

http://www.ageofempires.com/Forums/y...aspx#post10283

Man MS does it again. First, the civs go free to play and now the achievement buildings are going to be handed out for free. I have put over 300 hours in this damn game and after suggesting countless times on the aoe forums when the game was still getting new content, that the achievement buildings need to be made tradable or drop more often. Got no response. Oh well guess it's great for the people who paid nothing for free achievements.

Sorry for the rant, shit like this makes me mad.
Vic Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote