PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate
Assassin's Creed III
Quick links
Latest news
Sep 08, 2014 Assassin's Creed: Birth of a New World – The American Saga Collection Coming in October
Jan 22, 2014 Alleged Assassin's Creed III Dev Calls Game a "Wreck", Discusses Reasons Why
Oct 04, 2013 Ubisoft Announces Assassin's Creed Heritage Collection
Apr 24, 2013 X360A Review: Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington - The Redemption
Apr 23, 2013 Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 3 Available Today

Old 11-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Gambitjuggalo

Gamertag: GAMBIT JUGGALO
Got all the trinkets, found the treasure. Whats it do?

I collected the trinkets got all the pieces of the map and found the treasure now im back at the homestead. So i got a phone call at the same time it was being explained.. i thought I heard about something like it deflects bullets or something? I got the ring and now im back at the manor. Is this something I need to equip for it to take effect and what exactly does this treasure do?
Gambitjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
Mr Yac

Gamertag: Mr Yac

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it's always on once you find it (which is made annoyingly clear by the stupid animus since every friggin loading screen now pops up that i have it) it basicly will deflect some (all?) bullets from you, you'll notice a little electrical charge when somebody shoots at you
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
Gambitjuggalo

Gamertag: GAMBIT JUGGALO
huh. guess thats what the shard of eden is. Thats weird I let a firing squad shoot me and it took 3 quaters of health away. Does it just work when it feels like it?
Gambitjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
Mr Yac

Gamertag: Mr Yac

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
heh, like most things in this game i'm sure it's inconsistant, but i'm sure it doesn't 100% protect you, especilly from multiple shots
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
GodsGift502

Gamertag: GodsGift1115
Its really annoying that it pops up every single time
GodsGift502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Saracin

Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

Gamertag: saracin
Yeah, you'll know it kicked in because a yellow globe will surround you. Or Kite has just data drained you. Either one.

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
it's always on once you find it (which is made annoyingly clear by the stupid animus since every friggin loading screen now pops up that i have it) it basicly will deflect some (all?) bullets from you, you'll notice a little electrical charge when somebody shoots at you
You can just turn off notifications in the hud setting. Since they are listed out in the menu anyway if something happens you want to check they are there.

Personally I found them insanely annoying. When entering a new area and it would pop up etc.

Also had the same experience of the ring only reflecting some things. I think maybe if it's multiple bullets at once you still take damage.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Flibbity Floid

Gamertag: Deadpool Psycko

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
You can just turn off notifications in the hud setting. Since they are listed out in the menu anyway if something happens you want to check they are there.

Personally I found them insanely annoying. When entering a new area and it would pop up etc.

Also had the same experience of the ring only reflecting some things. I think maybe if it's multiple bullets at once you still take damage.
I'm constantly seeing "1 Weapon Unlocked" or something. Turning off the notifications will deter that?

My 2015 Extra Life Fundraiser Page. Many Hands Make Light Work & Every Little Bit Counts. For The Kids. - https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm...ipantID=154378
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
The Kingslayer

Gamertag: B1ackbeard89
I was kind pissed by the fact all we got was the shard of eden, I was hoping for at least a lucrative sum of gold.
The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Pedlar

Gamertag: pedlar
Shard of Eden> Gold. Gold is easy to come by in this game , Pieces of Eden are not . As far as i know it will shield you occasionally from bullet damage. Pretty pointless considering the human shield move.

Ped
Pedlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Floyd.
Father - Husband - Gamer

Gamertag: Floyd XBA

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber Clubs Baron   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
As mentioned above, it is explained by Faulkner that it has a CHANCE to deflect bullets, just as it deflected his flask when he tried to raise it near Connor. Not 100%, but a hell of a lot better than the useless currency!

Current Long-Term Goal
41,793 / 50,000 - Role Playing Games
Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
I'm constantly seeing "1 Weapon Unlocked" or something. Turning off the notifications will deter that?
Yup. I have never seen that 1 weapon unlocked one lol.

I turned it off because it annoyed me in the frontier when it would tell me about entering a new area.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
SpinelesS

Gamertag: Mr SpinelesS

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Yup. I have never seen that 1 weapon unlocked one lol.

I turned it off because it annoyed me in the frontier when it would tell me about entering a new area.

that 1 weapon unlocked message is a bug with the twin holsters (with the 2nd weapon being loaded every time)

Are you sure there isn't anything else you can do with the Shard though?

I finished the quest and suddenly I'm getting 3 messages every time I travel instead of 1.

Quote:
Acquired:
weapon 1
Shard of Eden
Citizen Mission Item Acquired
Doesn't that mean I have something I can hand into someone for a quest or something?

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote