Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #61
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Already a full guide, very nice. Difficulty is higher than I expected so should be a nice challenge.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #62
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #63
IOnEI Falcon

For Bros to the Close do you need to start at the beginning of the whole mission or can I load to the middle load where you start right away with the marines?
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #64
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
DLM, just a quick note one some of the button icons you may of used during the guide.

For example, 'Knight in White Assassination', you've put press to assassinate. Though this maybe right for you, some people may of changed the controller button layout.

So like myself, is melee. So it may be worth swapping them out and putting in the work "melee" or whatever words needs to replace it. Just so people don't get confused or don't know how to assassinate, they're not standing there constantly pressing with nothing happening.

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #65
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
DLM, just a quick note one some of the button icons you may of used during the guide.

For example, 'Knight in White Assassination', you've put press to assassinate. Though this maybe right for you, some people may of changed the controller button layout.

So like myself, is melee. So it may be worth swapping them out and putting in the work "melee" or whatever words needs to replace it. Just so people don't get confused or don't know how to assassinate, they're not standing there constantly pressing with nothing happening.
True, but most people do play on default settings and they know if they changed it because they are the ones who set it up that way. If this is true, they would know what melee was instead. Lots of games let you change the layout of the controls, so of course most guides would have to then change their icons too
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #66
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
For the explore the floor achievement I got splattered by a ammo crate from the hunter and died and flew off the platform and got the achievement lol

Unless he fell off, I didn't see that. I went flying.

Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #67
funky305

Ov3rSmok3D's Gamercard
Nice guide so far !

Last edited by funky305; 11-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.
funky305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #68
Fenix66D

Tyre Anasazzi's Gamercard
Hey, DLM, another superb guide. The added videos are soooooo.. helpful. Your work and effort is greatly appreciated!
Fenix66D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Give Him the Stick 20
Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.

This achievement, on the xbox says you have to do it on solo.
It also doesnt really say u have to take both out at same time just u need to kill em with the sticky thing. Its kinda vauge description
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #70
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
Give Him the Stick 20

This achievement, on the xbox says you have to do it on solo.
It also doesnt really say u have to take both out at same time just u need to kill em with the sticky thing. Its kinda vauge description

This too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Like Me View Post
Mortardom 20
Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 5 'Reclaimer' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.
Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

The easiest way to hijack a Wraith is to kill the gunner from a safe distance, and emp blast it with the charged Plasma Pistol shot (hold and release). While it is temporary disabled, you must go along side it press to hijack it.
Now use it to destroy 4 other Wraiths. The trick is to keep moving & dodging the enemy Wraith's plasma attack while staying a safe distance from them, especially their short/mid ranged gunner's attack. There are a total of 7 Wraiths in the level.
On Xbox.com, it says "In mission 5, steal a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder." Not "hijack". People might think that it's similar to hijacking a Ghost or something and try to do it that way, making it more complicated than it should be.

Why the discrepancy with achievement descriptions on here? It's like that for a lot of them...
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 • Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush • Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] • Mayhem 3D • FGN Fun Pack • Dragon’s Lair • Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD • Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 • Marvel SHS: Comic Combat • Nickelodeon Dance 2 • The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] • Assassin's Creed II
Guides/Roadmaps [co-author]: National Geographic Challenge!
Guides [co-author]: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Roadmaps: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #71
Jonesy999

Jonesy999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the achievement game changer, your supposed to be in Wargames, not in Forge...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #72
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post

Game Changer
Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.

Can anyone point me in the direction on how to save a game? I went to the 'Custom Games' tab and edited in some random new settings, but nowhere on the menu's or in game stuff could I see a save link?
Noz, you must press to Save it

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincurse View Post
"Changing difficulty to Legendary on Mission 8 in hopes to unlock The Legend of 117 or Lonewolf Legend will NOT work. In order to unlock a 'Completed the Campaign...' achievement on a specific difficulty you must NOT change the difficulty settings at any point during that entire playthrough."

Not sure of the wording here. First part I understand. But the second part; Is that in context of the first sentence. Because that's never been an issue before in previous Halo games... when you complete the campaign you will unlock the "Completed the Campaign" achievement at whatever the lowest difficulty of any level was. This seems to contradict that. Or am I just reading it wrong... would seem like a glitch if that is the case.

Anyone see this happen?
Changed it a bit:
Changing difficulty to from Heroic to Legendary on Mission 8 in hopes to unlock The Legend of 117 or Lonewolf Legend will NOT work (cheating). In order to unlock a 'Completed the Campaign...' achievement on a specific difficulty you must NOT change the difficulty settings at any point during that entire playthrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis Hero View Post
Might be worth mentioning that if you die, you will spawn with non UNSC weapons.
Yeah, I ran into this last night playing Co-op You cannot die if playing Co-op or you can play with a buddy who will revert to last save everytime someone dies... :/

Your best bet is to play this one Solo.

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #73
Hishoa

Quote:
Give Him the Stick 20

Campaign Mission 7 'Composer' specific. Can be obtained on Easy+.

The Sticky Detonator is acquired in the far left corner in the room with the two Hunters wrecking havoc. It is a charged shot weapon. Press to fire a sticky onto a Hunter. The sticky will only explode when you press a second time. The trick is to get both the Hunter's health down, so that one sticky will kill them both while they are near one another.
From the way this reads, it implies you need to kill both Hunters with the same Sticky Detonator round. I can confirm you can kill the Hunters separately with the Sticky Detonator and still unlock the achievement.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #74
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis Hero
Might be worth mentioning that if you die, you will spawn with non UNSC weapons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Like Me
Yeah, I ran into this last night playing Co-op You cannot die if playing Co-op or you can play with a buddy who will revert to last save everytime someone dies... :/

Your best bet is to play this one Solo.
But, if you play this solo and die, as long as you "revert to last checkpoint" you will be okay and respawn with UNSC weapons, correct? If you die but respawn without actually choosing to revert, then hit another checkpoint, basically you're screwed? Just want to be clear on this.
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 • Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush • Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] • Mayhem 3D • FGN Fun Pack • Dragon’s Lair • Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD • Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 • Marvel SHS: Comic Combat • Nickelodeon Dance 2 • The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] • Assassin's Creed II
Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #75
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
From the way this reads, it implies you need to kill both Hunters with the same Sticky Detonator round. I can confirm you can kill the Hunters separately with the Sticky Detonator and still unlock the achievement.
Excellent find. The video also implies this. I'll see if I can find a screenshot of a Sticky Detonator location, and just remove the video altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon View Post
For Bros to the Close do you need to start at the beginning of the whole mission or can I load to the middle load where you start right away with the marines?
Not sure. I will check this out in a minute and let you know/edit the guide accourdingly.

Edit: Something just came up and I won't be able to check this until later this evening.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 11-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #76
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
But, if you play this solo and die, as long as you "revert to last checkpoint" you will be okay and respawn with UNSC weapons, correct? If you die but respawn without actually choosing to revert, then hit another checkpoint, basically you're screwed? Just want to be clear on this.
No, if you're playing it solo then when you die you automatically revert to your last checkpoint. You don't have to pause and select the revert option, it just does it. All you have to do if you're solo is hold onto your one human weapon the whole time. You will likely run out of ammo for it pretty quickly, but that's okay. Just never drop it, even if you pick it right back up. If you accidentally switch it for another weapon that's when you'll have to revert to last save.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #77
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
No, if you're playing it solo then when you die you automatically revert to your last checkpoint. You don't have to pause and select the revert option, it just does it. All you have to do if you're solo is hold onto your one human weapon the whole time. You will likely run out of ammo for it pretty quickly, but that's okay. Just never drop it, even if you pick it right back up. If you accidentally switch it for another weapon that's when you'll have to revert to last save.
Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I haven't played Halo solo since Halo 3 (and then if was only a couple of levels until my bro-in-law wanted to play them all in co-op), so I wasn't sure if you reverted automatically or need to. Makes sense. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #78
xGethPrimex

XGethPrimex's Gamercard
DLM i think you need to change the information on Moving on up and The challenger.
What you missed out is i done both solo challenges on legendary this weekend that earn good exp, it doesn't need to be multiplayer modes exactly, campaign has a weekly challenge which can happen like this week now so frequently i got the 1st challenge achievement and sr5 rank without playing multiplayer so if you look closely the campaign challenges count also. I also don't understand about completing the whole solo legendary achievements either; I done 2 solo missions on legendary i had to play the completed mission on legendary on heroic to get the skull challenge done so i forgot to do that one so i'm not sure if that affects what i have did was either wrong or alright, though i never touched heroic on mission 3 which is i'm currently on, there was no start unlike all halo games but alpha starts which also i'm not sure if it occurs as an error not completing it in solo legendary as i play them by my own anyway cause i dont trust anyone ever.
xGethPrimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #79
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
• 1:05 - Terminal 3 - Mission 4 'Infinity' - Rally Point Bravo
After meeting up with your teammates, there will be a short cutscene and you will spawn inside a ship. Just turn around and the terminal will be directly behind you.
Your Rally point is wrong, Alpha is the one you need to start at, Bravo is far beyond that point.

Edit: NVM I'M JUST DUMB LOL!!
Good thing I went through the whole level instead of just turning around when starting...lmao.

Last edited by Gackt; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #80
NeedToAchieve

Send a message via Skype™ to NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
NeedToAchieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #81
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Hey thank for put me in achievements guide. I didn't notice you mention me in 2 of achievements as my friend told me last night when he enjoyed read through guide and help him so much. I am so happy help.

You welcome Dead Like Me.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #82
XenixF47

XenixF47's Gamercard
Absolutely amazing! Love the addition of the button presses! I dare say this is darn near idiot proof!
XenixF47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #83
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenixF47 View Post
Absolutely amazing! Love the addition of the button presses! I dare say this is darn near idiot proof!
Yeah me same love it. There few achievement guides have it or even quite lots. It is help lots and lots easy.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #84
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Midnight Launch 20
Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.

Campaign Mission 2 'Requiem' specific. Can be obtained on Easy+.

Be the driver/passenger/gunner in a Warthog and achieve significant air when your console time is at 12:00 am.
Only Driver gets it, just did this with 3 people and only I got the achievement, gunner and the passenger did not.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #85
XenixF47

XenixF47's Gamercard
I believe it is worth noting that the Midnight Launch achievement may unlock a few seconds after landing, as it did for me. I was about to throw a fit, or my controller, when it did not pop "in midair" as noted in the guide. Usually not a big deal but given the time sensitive nature of this achievement (one minute window) I feel it is an important point lest someone reload checkpoint in their haste and miss it.
XenixF47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #86
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGethPrimex View Post
DLM i think you need to change the information on Moving on up and The challenger.
I fixed the Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
This too:
On Xbox.com, it says "In mission 5, steal a Wraith and use it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or harder." Not "hijack". People might think that it's similar to hijacking a Ghost or something and try to do it that way, making it more complicated than it should be.

Why the discrepancy with achievement descriptions on here? It's like that for a lot of them...
Just noticed this! The guide shell was created in August, and since then there have been some description changes and achievement modifications. I will def change them to reflect the xbox.com ones. Thank you for pointing this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedToAchieve View Post
Halo 4 - Mission 7 Composer - Give Him The Stick Achievement - YouTube
Added the video! Perfect! Cheers for the contribution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Hey thank for put me in achievements guide.
Anytime! You were like the first member to play Spartan Ops. You helped tremendously.

Quote:
I'm a visual learner, and I'm making the guide so that others like me should have no problem sorting through it. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Only Driver gets it, just did this with 3 people and only I got the achievement, gunner and the passenger did not.
Added your helpful info Gackt. Makes no sense as to why only one should get it... everyone was air borne at 12am.

Quote:
I believe it is worth noting that the Midnight Launch achievement may unlock a few seconds after landing, as it did for me. I was about to throw a fit, or my controller, when it did not pop "in midair" as noted in the guide. Usually not a big deal but given the time sensitive nature of this achievement (one minute window) I feel it is an important point lest someone reload checkpoint in their haste and miss it.
I agree, added your info.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #87
SGT J1ngles

SGT J1ngles's Gamercard
cheers for the guide super quick

SGT J1ngles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #88
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon View Post
Just following up, just started this level at Rally Point Bravo and got the achievement.

Cheers!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #89
ObitoxXxAkatsuki

great job

nice work =)
ObitoxXxAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #90
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Added your helpful info Gackt. Makes no sense as to why only one should get it... everyone was air borne at 12am.
I agree