PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Doom
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

This guide is for the use of x360a.org only and may not be used without the permission of the Author and Website Admin.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 180
-Online: 20
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 3-10hrs (Depends on your skill level or if you use the level glitch)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4 (4 Episodes)
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? : No

Introduction:
Welcome to hell, where you will meet lots of exciting and interesting demons...and then kill them. There is really only 1 point to Doom, get to the end and kill everything in your way. This usually has you collecting a colored key or two...or three to get to the end of each map.

Here is a list of the weapons in the game.
    •Fists: About a strong as your pistol, only really useful with the berserk powerup
    •Pistol: Weak starting weapon, not very useful against anything but Shotgun guy's and Zombiemen
    •Shotgun: Excellent weapon, medium to high damage but a good overall general purpose gun.
    •Chaingun: Good crowd control weapon, high rate of fire so ammo will go quickly.
    •Plasma Gun: High fire rate plasma weapon, very strong damage. Great for tougher enemies or dispatching      groups quickly.
    •Rocket Launcher: Very high damage, does splash damage as well. This can kill you too if you're not careful.
    •BFG 9000: Fires a large green plasma like projectile that has the power to kill most monsters in 1 shot.
    •Chainsaw: Close range weapon, does the same damage as your pistol but at a much faster rate.

Some weapons share ammo types. Using a weapon that shares ammo with another will deplete that guns ammo supply as well.
   -Pistol/Chaingun use the same ammo
   -Plasma Gun and BFG use the same ammo(BFG uses multiple plasma rounds per shot)

A helpful tip for you to remember while playing through this game especially on the harder difficulties is that there is a manual save anywhere feature. All this means is you can save whenever/where ever you want. This will make the game much easier to complete.

Step 1: Singleplayer.
You will need to play through every episode on 'Ultraviolent' for the RAMPAGE achievement, you will be picking up the Episode One/Two/Three/Four achievements while going for RAMPAGE.
Nothing can be missed achievement wise so nothing to worry about there.

Step 2: Multiplayer
Only 2 achievements to get here, and can be done with just 2 people(easily boosted)

Useful links:

Note: There is a glitch to remove all enemies from the map which can be found HERE
Don't do this on a level that has a boss or you can't complete it. This will significantly lower the time to complete the game.

This site has maps, teleports,key locations and secrets for all the episodes in Doom 1 & Doom 2.
www.classicdoom.com/doommaps.htm

Last edited by Gackt; 11-09-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Achievements

NIGHTMARE - 10
Win a Nightmare level in single player.

Easy to do on the very first level. Enemies respawn on Nightmare difficulty so don't linger.

HOARDER - 5

Find all items in a level
(See Scout)

SCOUT - 5

Find a secret area of a map.

Easy to do on the first level along with HOARDER. Here is a video showing all the secrets and item pick ups. It's the PC version but this still works the same for the XBLA version.

CLEAN SLATE - 5

Kill all monsters in a level on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher.

Easy to do on level 1 of episode 1. Will get this while going for HOARDER and SCOUT achievements.

NEOPHYTE - 20

Complete any level.

EPISODE ONE - 25

Complete Episode 1 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher.
(See RAMPAGE)

EPISODE TWO - 25

Complete Episode 2 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher.
(See RAMPAGE)

EPISODE THREE - 25

Complete Episode 3 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher.
(See RAMPAGE)

EPISODE FOUR - 25

Complete Episode 4 on 'Hurt Me Plenty' or higher.
(See RAMPAGE)

RAMPAGE - 35

Complete all levels on UltraViolent mode.

Play through every episode of Doom on Ultraviolent mode, it's only slightly harder than 'Hurt Me Plenty' difficulty. You will get the Episode related achievements while going for RAMPAGE. Utilize the save feature and this will be very easy as you can save whenever and wherever you wish. (You do NOT need to do secret levels for this achievement)
Or if you want to make this REALLY easy you can make all the enemies disappear with this useful glitch that can be found
HERE

Episode and Rampage achievements can only be obtained in SINGLE PLAYER ONLY.
Thanks to bLaKgRaVy for confirming this.

ROOKIE - 10

Get 50 kills on Xbox Live.
(See DESTROYER)

DESTROYER - 10

Get 100 kills on Xbox Live.

Play ranked so your kills are uploaded to the leaderboard. If ANYONE quits the game, your kills will NOT count. You must finish the match by reaching the Frag limit or Time limit for the game to count. Easy way to do this is do 4 matches to 25 Frags.
Achievement will not unlock until the end of the match when you reach the required amount of kills.
(Not sure if private match works, will update this later if I can confirm it)

Note: Boosting is your best option as the online is pretty dead. Have you or your partner create a match, the host name will show up on the game list so it's super easy to find your buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post

Also here's the quickest way to 100 kills, I've helped several people and it works great:

Ranked match (not sure if it can be private)
E1M1: Hangar
2 Players
10 minutes, no frag limit.

One getting the kills goes outside by the acid pool, gets the rocket launcher and camps in the far back corner.

One dying needs to activate the door secret so that if he spawns in the beginning room, he can leave this area through it by activating the switch and if he spawns in the CPU bank type room, the big window will be open.

100 kills = 00 FRAGS
Credit to Nevander for this ^^

Last edited by Gackt; 10-20-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Raesvelgr

Great updated guide. Thanks for this.
Raesvelgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great guide, this game needed an updated guide.
Will link this to the Doom 3 one in a bit and credit you of course.

Also here's the quickest way to 100 kills, I've helped several people and it works great:

2 Players

One getting the kills goes outside by the acid pool, gets the rocket launcher and camps in the far back corner.

One dying needs to activate the door secret so that if he spawns in the beginning room, he can leave this area through it by activating the switch and if he spawns in the CPU bank type room, the big window will be open.

100 kills = 00 FRAGS

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 10-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Great guide, this game needed an updated guide.
Will link this to the Doom 3 one in a bit and credit you of course.

2 Players

100 kills = 00 FRAGS
Cool, added it to the guide. Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Good guide, this site needed an updated one.

Can the episode achievements be unlocked while playing co-op? I know Doom II has to be done in single player, but these achievement descriptions make no mention of that.

The trouble with the glitch to make all the enemies disappear is that someone somewhere has to be playing an online game. I know since this was just re-released, there are people on, but it'll be dead again in a matter of a few weeks.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Good guide, this site needed an updated one.

Can the episode achievements be unlocked while playing co-op? I know Doom II has to be done in single player, but these achievement descriptions make no mention of that.

The trouble with the glitch to make all the enemies disappear is that someone somewhere has to be playing an online game. I know since this was just re-released, there are people on, but it'll be dead again in a matter of a few weeks.
Thanks.
I think they have to be done in single player, I am not 100% sure. I'll try to find out though.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Thanks.
I think they have to be done in single player, I am not 100% sure. I'll try to find out though.
Yeah, I just read on TA that they need to be done in single player. Thanks! Might want to add that to the guide.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Yeah, I just read on TA that they need to be done in single player. Thanks! Might want to add that to the guide.
Will do, thanks for the info.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #10
Gackt
Banned User

Update.
I added a link to the roadmap to a site that has maps that show key locations, secret areas, and teleporters. I think people will find them very very useful!