PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Fable: The Journey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL's Gamercard
This this WHOLE game kinect? or can you play it without kinect?

Hello

Ive just seen some trailers for this game. And it was shown to be using kinect. I was just wondering if anybody knows.... is it a kinect ONLY game? or can you also just use your normal controller to play this game?

thank you
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's all Kinect, I believe.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
It is indeed Kinect only.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL's Gamercard
well that sucks!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
replies with images
Banned User

How it being Kinect-exclusive makes me feel:

replies with images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's all kinect, but you're not missing out on much as this isn't a real sequel. Just a spin-off. I've heard rumors of Fable 4 being in the works as well. Though with Peter Molyneux gone, it's questionable how far this series will go. It could go either way. I'm hoping for an improvement. Each Fable game has been getting gradually worse from it's predecessor. It's time to make some changes to the series.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
XBM Yosho

XBM Yosho's Gamercard
Fable: The Journey.

1: Kinect Required - What that means, You eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

2: Not an actual sequel - What that means, You once again eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

3: The game since being Kinect enabled, Puts you into the first person perspective - What that means, The elimination of costumes and customization of looks (that you can actually see), Which once again you will lose roughly 50% of your audience because that has been a staple for the ENTIRE series.

4: The constant decrease in quality of the series as a whole, This looks horrible, Looks like it plays horrible, and removes virtually all elements of what made the game great in the first place, Thus failure is quite possibly the only outcome.

{UMK3Main-Reptile}
{MK9Main-Sub-Zero}
{SSFIV:AEMain-Ken}
{UMvC3Team-Wolverine,Ironman,Sentinel}
{Dungeon Fighter Live Wiki}
XBM Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This means that people who don't have Kinect can't ever get the other two characters and transfer gold to the new game. They should of said that "Fable: The Journey" would be kinect only in the "Fable Heroes" description.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBM Yosho View Post

1: Kinect Required - What that means, You eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

2: Not an actual sequel - What that means, You once again eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

3: The game since being Kinect enabled, Puts you into the first person perspective - What that means, The elimination of costumes and customization of looks (that you can actually see), Which once again you will lose roughly 50% of your audience because that has been a staple for the ENTIRE series.
Does that mean they've lost 150% of the audience. So not only everyone who played the others but 50% of people who may still buy a fable game!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
RhiN85

RhiN8181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does anyone know/have links to what you need to be able to do to play using Kinect? E.g. is it just waving arms or does it include standing and walking?

I've got nerve problems in my legs; I can use my hands and arms to play fine, but standing and moving my whole body around is more difficult. (So, yes, buying a Kinect wasn't the smartest move on my part, but nm...)

I'm dubious about this game but certainly won't be preordering if I'm not going to be able to play it at all!

EDIT: Sounds like it will be playable from sitting down. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...meplay-preview

Last edited by RhiN85; 08-30-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Grammar and new info
RhiN85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Spardan

WCF Spardan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentReport View Post
Does that mean they've lost 150% of the audience. So not only everyone who played the others but 50% of people who may still buy a fable game!
Technical it not 150% of the audience just 87.5% of the audience

50% of 100 is 50
50% of 50 is 25
50% of the remaining 25 is 12.5

so only 12.5% left of the audience. That sucks

The Code of Spardan
Play games for fun not points
Play fair and also show respect to the other team
Earn achievements for a laugh And never boost for them
Always Find the Fun/Positive side to any slip up
Never rise against any insults Given to you just kill them in game
Respect newbies
Show no mercy to Noobies
Spardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBM Yosho View Post

so this mean your saying this game will roughly have 12.5% of people playing it compared to fable 3 and fable 3 didnt even have a million units sold...
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #13
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiN85 View Post
Does anyone know/have links to what you need to be able to do to play using Kinect? E.g. is it just waving arms or does it include standing and walking?

I've got nerve problems in my legs; I can use my hands and arms to play fine, but standing and moving my whole body around is more difficult. (So, yes, buying a Kinect wasn't the smartest move on my part, but nm...)

I'm dubious about this game but certainly won't be preordering if I'm not going to be able to play it at all!

EDIT: Sounds like it will be playable from sitting down. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...meplay-preview
You're correct, the entire game is from the sitting position, which is not entirely a bad thing, especially if your normal daily activities are more demanding, its nice to play kinect but still relax
Fatdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
EthanELT14

I Hope not
EthanELT14 is offline   Reply With Quote