PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Fighting > Kengo Zero
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
SoleAssassin

Is this game worth it?

I just bought this game used. Tried playing one match for shits and giggles and it seems fun. How's the storyline? Is there a journey each samurai goes through? Replay value? How's the difficulty?

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
SoleAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Its difficult until you learn how to play, I hated it at first but after learning how to play I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The story is a bit lacking... each Samurai has his/her own journey to go through but they all pretty much are the same thing...story mode is also pretty short.

The challenges are fun, its tough to get gold in any of those, and the online is different then you would think... You use a character you developed through the singleplayer to use in MP...but the fights are entirely AI controlled..you dont actually play.

Overall I think the game is great and worth buying if you find it for 20 dollars or cheaper
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
mad4ra

mad4ra's Gamercard
yes its quite annoying the first 30-60 mins, i was killed the first 5-6 times or so by the 1. boss without getting a hit on him lol. After the 6 wipes i was nearly to stop playing but i hold on and finally understand how the game works.(the manual is your friend because theres NO Tutorial!)
As the poster above i recommend it when you love samurai/sword games, its not mainstream so the community is small and the group that actually plays it are even smaller.
Buy it at amazon.co.uk or so maybe you get it preowned and very cheap (i payd 10 pounds^^)

greets
mad4ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
SoleAssassin

I'm probably gonna keep it since I'm a fan of samurai shit (bought it at GameStop for 15 bucks). I read Miyamoto's "5 Rings" book and enjoyed it, so I'm a fan boy of him.

Was/is this game rare in the US?

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
mad4ra

mad4ra's Gamercard
Dont know im from austria
Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Shifty141

yes, when i was in the states i could not find it anywhere. By the way, is the "book of five rings" good, i'm thinking about buying it.
Shifty141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
mad4ra

mad4ra's Gamercard
Yes its good, its easy to understand and you will get a good view on his philosophy. If you do Iaido or Kendo this book is a must
Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #8
SoleAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty141 View Post
yes, when i was in the states i could not find it anywhere. By the way, is the "book of five rings" good, i'm thinking about buying it.
It's short and to the point.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
flyingkoala

Koala Operative's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleAssassin View Post
I'm probably gonna keep it since I'm a fan of samurai shit (bought it at GameStop for 15 bucks). I read Miyamoto's "5 Rings" book and enjoyed it, so I'm a fan boy of him.

Was/is this game rare in the US?
If you are indeed a fan of "samurai shit" (as you so eloquently put), this game will be a huge disappointment. But as a straight-forward fighting game its pretty decent. I would pay more than 15 bucks for it though.
flyingkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Ali_P_84

AirRaidPatrol's Gamercard
It's getting cheaper all the time pre-owned, I picked up a copy for under £5.00 in CEX.

Not too bad but I'm starting to wonder how many levels there are? I haven't completed it with any of the characters yet.
Ali_P_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
Tannosuke

Tannosuke GR's Gamercard
I also bought that a while ago and i'm very satisfied with that ! It also contains 2 of the most famous samurai warriors(Yagyu Jubei and Miyamoto Musashi).

Now i'm stuck at the shinsengumi story mode. It has 2 bosses to go through.

Still to figure out how to do charge attack(the one you see at the white cape shinsengumi guys). Actually i coincidentially did that and everything gone black and the character waited for the fire to emit and then he attacks just like he does the Mind Training in "Kengo: The Way of Bushido" PS2 game).

Here at Greece i found it for 10 euros(approximatelly 18$).
Tannosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #12
sparkey831

sparkey831's Gamercard
little late sorry that you may have bought it.

i got mine for christmas before i have even bought an xbox. this game is horrible online "play" cant be played without completing the game once. "Play" meaning its an AI game (you cant control your own character) its all up to the stats you have gotten from your play through wtf is that shit. once through is only about 30-45 minutes. its pretty bad that you can be at full health and die at anytime (unless your stamina bar is up).
just playing through for the achievements
sparkey831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #13
Salsa di Omega

Prismatico's Gamercard
It's not bad for $10 I'd say. I'm going to pick it up to play again eventually when there's not much else to play.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #14
zagnoth

Send a message via AIM to zagnoth Send a message via MSN to zagnoth Send a message via Yahoo to zagnoth

Zagnoth's Gamercard
If I liked Way of the Samurai, would I like this?
zagnoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #15
GHOST1986

A 2rue LeGacY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I haven't played way of the samurai, but this game isn't half bad. I liked it.

GHOST1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It does get fun once you progress and once you learn what to do.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
Ivalice Alliance

Kenshin EvoX's Gamercard
One of my favorite games on the 360 and underrated too!
The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
- Quoted from A.J. Durai
Ivalice Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote