PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #121
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
No way this is an 8. More like a 5.

Great guide either way
I agree. I've completed my Co-op Heroic playthrough - it was tough at times because the Knights are a new enemy and are difficult to read in terms of damage taken...
A bit of Knight Info:
Headshots do the most damage. Assassinations are 1 shot kills
They have shields - when you see a faint blue burst from their body their shields are down.
And then I believe there are two face modes, one is flaming red... almost as if you've shot off the white shell on their face.
Anyhoo, I'm currently on Level 6 'Shutdown' Solo Legendary and I'm not finding it any more difficult than my Co-op Heroic playthrough. If anything I'm finding it a bit easier... having had experience and know which gun combo works the best for me. I'm thinking it's more of a 5 or 6 for Halo vets. After I'm finished with the campaign I'll edit the Roadmap accourdingly.

My set up for the first half of the campaign
Primary (Grunts, Jackals, Elite):
I use the BR & Pistol as much as I can for headshots until ammo is scarce.
Then I grab a Carbine because there is usually plenty of ammo available.

Secondary (Shield takedowns & EMPs):
Always had a 60%+ Plasma Pistol for depleting Elite shields, Banshee, Ghost, Wraith emp.
Only dropped the Plasma Pistol for a Sniper, Railgun, or for a quick use of Rockets (quick vehicle/banshee takedown) or Sticky Detonator.

My set up for the second half of the campaign
Primary (Crawlers & Watchers, headshoting Knights): LightRifle

Secondary (Knight take down): Scattergun - when I'm out of ammo I pick up a Suppressor and unload it close range on the Knights.
I'll drop the Scattergun temporarily for a Binary Rifle or Incineration Cannon.

Use Pulse Grenades! For some reason, they never killed any Knights in my Co-op Heroic run, but in my Solo Legendary run I'm killing plenty!

Hope this helps! It will make Solo Legendary a breeze!

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #122
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Like Me View Post
Use Pulse Grenades! For some reason, they never killed any Knights in my Co-op Heroic run, but in my Solo Legendary run I'm killing plenty!

Hope this helps! It will make Solo Legendary a breeze!

Cheers!
I'm almost tempted to ask if you're sure you're on Legendary. Cause My experience was the exact opposite. Pulse grenades would occasionally help kill a Knight on Legendary if I threw it exactly when they were charging to throw theirs (otherwise they'd always dodge it) Never outright killed one, but take their shields down maybe. But killed several of them on Heroic runs for level specific achievements.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #123
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
I'm almost tempted to ask if you're sure you're on Legendary. Cause My experience was the exact opposite. Pulse grenades would occasionally help kill a Knight on Legendary if I threw it exactly when they were charging to throw theirs (otherwise they'd always dodge it) Never outright killed one, but take their shields down maybe. But killed several of them on Heroic runs for level specific achievements.
Yea. Pulse nades are terrible. Stick to guns or frags/plasma. One clip of the supressor reduces their shields + stuns them at point-blank range.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #124
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
I know! I'm doubting it too myself, but I'm getting the challenge complete message for #?/8 Legendary complete.

It could be the range from which I'm throwing the Pulse Grenades. I'm throwing them from Mid/Long - short range pretty much only works the way Jakez explained.

Also, a charged Plasma Pistol shot on Knights works wonders... followed by about 2 or 3 scoped LightRifle headshots to finish them off. I should be done with this playthrough within the next 2 hours - and then I'll know for sure if it was Legendary.

Edit: It was Legendary. :/ Compared to Halo 2 the difficulty was a 3! Ran through this in 8 hours probably.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 11-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #125
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also, a charged Plasma Pistol shot on Knights works wonders... followed by about 2 or 3 scoped LightRifle headshots to finish them off. I should be done with this playthrough within the next 2 hours - and then I'll know for sure if it was Legendary.
I think the knights have a mask to protect their head/face. PP is useful - but on later levels there are none
Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #126
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

When I was playing the 1st 4 levels on Co-Op Legendary yesterday, I discovered that the Shotgun Melee combo actually worked on Knights. Of course, getting close enough to do it on Legendary is pretty hit and miss, and not likely to work solo. lol
Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #127
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Not to complain or anything, but this guide was stickied the day it went on the forum. According to the rules, guides aren't supposed to be stickied until it's complete. Maybe this is an exception since DLM is on the guide team? Seems kind of elitist, don't you think?

The same thing happened with Shiftie's Medal of Honor: Warfighter guide. It was stickied the day after it was posted. And both games have two guides, and both second guides were written by Maka. I found Maka's guides a good compliment to the "stickied" guides and had information in them that was useful that wasn't in the stickied ones. What's up with that?

Quote:
Can my guide be made sticky even though it's not finished?
No, guides will only be made sticky when the guide is complete and has been approved by a MOD or Staff member. Make sure you put in the extra effort, some guides are made sticky but have later been removed due to another guide being at a higher standard.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 11-11-2012 at 06:26 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #128
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Not to complain or anything, but this guide was stickied the day it went on the forum. According to the rules, guides aren't supposed to be stickied until it's complete. Maybe this is an exception since DLM is on the guide team? Seems kind of elitist, don't you think?

The same thing happened with Shiftie's Medal of Honor: Warfighter guide. It was stickied the day after it was posted. And both games have two guides, and both second guides were written by Maka. I found Maka's guides a good compliment to the "stickied" guides and had information in them that was useful that wasn't in the stickied ones. What's up with that?
Staff member auto approved! You're right, in all fairness if there are more than one guide then maybe neither or both should be stickied, not just one. Because neither have been completed nor submitted. I think that Maka has agreed to let Dead Like Me use his videos. I don't think he is still updating it (correct me if I am wrong). I did put his in the useful links thread. I am using his personally because of layout reasons (shorter straight to the point descriptions since I have played a lot of Halo and just need a quick reference).
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #129
XenixF47

XenixF47's Gamercard
I danced around a knight in a cloak for quite some time before I #facepalmed when I realized the EASIEST way to get the Knight in White Assassination achievement: Plasma Pistol overcharge. When struck with a Plasma Pistol overcharge knights stop what they are doing and start screaming. When shot from melee range, this gives the player Ample opportunity to simply stroll around behind them and, well, "off with their head!"
XenixF47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #130
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post

Admin stuck this guide because it was the most complete at that time. I had a more filled in shell of a guide with a full Roadmap.

@Tyger: Maka is still working on it with the intention to finish it.

Just checked and his guide is nearly complete so I stuck his as well.

His videos are excellent quality - short, easy to follow with great commentary.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #131
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Admin stuck this guide because it was the most complete at that time. I had a more filled in shell of a guide with a full Roadmap.

@Tyger: Maka is still working on it with the intention to finish it.

Just checked and his guide is nearly complete so I stuck his as well.

His videos are excellent quality - short, easy to follow with great commentary.
Oh I checked the other night and a few things that seemed like part of the campaign were missing. Guess he started updating again. I am playing on legendary solo so I haven't really been following a lot except quick looks at what level related achievements there were.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #132
D3ATHBR1NG3R96

D3ATHBR1NG3R96's Gamercard
Nice looking guide. Will definitely be using this later on!
D3ATHBR1NG3R96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #133
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Excellent guide thanks! It's helped me a few times already and will many more.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #134
NeoSant

NeoSant's Gamercard
So, if I played 2 missions on Solo-Legendary and then change to heroic to play a mission with a friend, I have to complete that 2 missions again (and the other 6 obviously) to get the Lone Wolf Legendary achievement??

Also, Great guide.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #135
xGethPrimex

XGethPrimex's Gamercard
DLM i'm in the same progression as you are but i'm stuck on the hunter bit though :P it seems annoying and silly but i dont use jet packs on that mission it's useless to be honest.
I just start to keep prescion weapons to shoot the head and mostly i use the 3 silver skulls which helps ALOT so the knight is an difficult assasination unless you distract it with a auto sentry as i do use it alot and hardlight shield seems useful on forerunners than convenant.

So i'm almost done mission 6 anyway on my own and i haven't finished the campaign so dont spoil the stuff on me :P
xGethPrimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #136
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #137
Kev5890

Kev5890's Gamercard
I need some major help with the Mortardom achievement. I am playing on Heroic and have tried literally everything.

When I get into the gunner seat, the enemy hops out...however it explodes EVERY single time when they leave the wraith.

When I punch the vehicle until the enemy is visible, I have tried beating him down and shooting him...every time he dies, so does the vehicle.

I have watched the video 10 times over and I don't understand...I am replicating this perfectly, yet the wraith always dies.
Kev5890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #138
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890 View Post
I need some major help with the Mortardom achievement. I am playing on Heroic and have tried literally everything.

When I get into the gunner seat, the enemy hops out...however it explodes EVERY single time when they leave the wraith.

When I punch the vehicle until the enemy is visible, I have tried beating him down and shooting him...every time he dies, so does the vehicle.

I have watched the video 10 times over and I don't understand...I am replicating this perfectly, yet the wraith always dies.
Try using this video's method. I hope it helps.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #139
Kev5890

Kev5890's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Try using this video's method. I hope it helps.

Halo 4: Mortardom - Achievement Guide - YouTube
Same method I tried, every time the wraith explodes when the enemy hops out. I am doing exactly what all of these videos tell me to do lol
Kev5890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #140
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think Mortardom is glitched...

I hijacked the very first wraith which drops down when you destroy the first particle cannon.

Then destroyed the one at the shields, then the next three which drop down during the next area after the shields. That's four.

Wtf? Anyone else have this problem? I did die between the third and fourth but it shouldn't matter should it? Since it reloaded the checkpoint.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #141
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I think Mortardom is glitched...

I hijacked the very first wraith which drops down when you destroy the first particle cannon.

Then destroyed the one at the shields, then the next three which drop down during the next area after the shields. That's four.

Wtf? Anyone else have this problem? I did die between the third and fourth but it shouldn't matter should it? Since it reloaded the checkpoint.
That's exactly what I did, including the dying between the 3rd and 4th Wraiths, and it unlocked for me.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #142
hoshinosenshi

'No One Left Behind' is now obtainable. Play the mission Hacksaw under Spartan Ops and keep at least one of your AI team alive. Much easier with a full team.

Last edited by hoshinosenshi; 11-12-2012 at 09:04 PM.
hoshinosenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #143
LordDurham

LordDurham's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshinosenshi View Post
'No One Left Behind' is now obtainable. Play the mission Hacksaw under Spartan Ops and keep at least one of your AI team alive. Much easier with a full team.
Yeah I tried to solo it so far and didn't manage to get it. Pretty sure it's possible but I think a bit of luck is involved considering your marines are total idiots.

Join League of Legends : http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c3803c5c1ba8
LordDurham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #144
hoshinosenshi

Quote:
Starting/Hosting a Co-op game while in the middle of a Solo playthrough will overwrite your Solo playthrough if you have not completed the current level.

If you wish to play Co-op with another without overwriting your Solo playthrough you must finish the started mission and Save and Quit. Only then will it be deemed safe to join their game.
Both solo and co-op playthroughs have their own save data. As long as you reach a checkpoint in solo, making sure to save and quit after, it'll stamp that progress. Start a lobby with a friend, and you'll see 'Start Co-op Campaign'. Modify the options to your liking, start the game then back out. Return to the Campaign menu with no other players, and everything should be as it was on your solo playthrough.

I had done this more than a couple of times with checkpoints on my solo Legendary playthrough, and didn't lose progress.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #145
Shadden

Shadden08's Gamercard
Great guide. Thanks a lot for it !
Shadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #146
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
That's exactly what I did, including the dying between the 3rd and 4th Wraiths, and it unlocked for me.
I did it again and then it unlocked. I guess one of them didn't register or the AI accidentally killed one and I didn't notice (didn't see them get the killing blow). Oh well it's done now.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #147
Flame Sama

Flame Sama's Gamercard
Just got the No One Left Behind achievement.
Kinda tricky-took a few tries to get it because the marines are dumber than a sack of shit.

How I got it was three-player co-op. My buddy ran with the energy sword and took out as many elites as possible, we grouped up on the hunters and the wraith, and I ran up top asap to take out the phantoms at the end.
100%: CoD2, Halo 3(1750), Halo 3:ODST, Dash Of Destruction, Red Dead Redemption(1500), Rock Band 2, Halo Reach (1700), Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Alan Wake(1500), Portal 2, Halo CEA, Halo 4 (2000), Minecraft, 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade, Watch Dogs, Halo: Spartan Assault (1000).
Flame Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #148
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

So Approx Time is 840 hours huh?

Maybe correct the 5 weeks thing. The achievements just aren't all obtainable yet which you mentioned in the "unobtainable" part

Xbox360 games I have
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #149
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

How did you get the achievement images smaller than usual? They look much nicer when they're smaller. Great guide by the way DLM. Keep up the great work here!

Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #150
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun 20
Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.

Campaign Mission 3 'Forerunner' specific. Must be obtained on Heroic+.
Use 'Mission Select' after initial Campaign playthrough if missed.

You start out with 2 UNSC weapons
  • Assalt Rifle
  • Magnum Pistol (recomended)
Pick one of the two to carry with you as your secondary weapon until the Mission ends. It is ok if you run out of Ammo on the UNSC weapon. - It is NOT ok if you drop it - 'Revert to last Save' if you accidentally drop it.

Note: If playing on Heroic Cooperatively, you mustn't die. You will not be respawned with a UNSC weapon. Your best bet is to play this one Solo or Safe if Co-op.
"Assalt" is spelled wrong. So is "recomended".
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote