PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Blur
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
mrbonelly
 
mrbonelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Right here yo!
Posts: 802

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Does anyone know if servers will be shut down - if so when?

title says it all... i guess i must race to finish to online portion now
__________________
Words to game by - Always make a back up save!
mrbonelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
master_shake_350
 
master_shake_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,528
Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think the PGR4 servers are still running so that will go down first seeing as it came out in 2007, this came out last year. I don't see them taken them down till next year.
__________________
Electro Swing <3
master_shake_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
GORQITO
 
GORQITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 397

gorqito's Gamercard
I think the OP question is in regards to the fact that Bizarre studios has closed. In that case, it is hard to say, but there has been no news about servers closing yet, so it might be up for a while yet.
__________________
Currently boosting:
F1 2011 (PC) COD: Black Ops 2 (Tower of Babble)

GORQITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
TJP
 
TJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 70
According to an Activision employee, the answer for now is no.

"There will be no impact whatsoever to the overall game infrastructure and, as such, game sessions and all other network/multiplayer aspects of the game will remain intact and as is".
TJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
master_shake_350
 
master_shake_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,528
Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORQITO View Post
I think the OP question is in regards to the fact that Bizarre studios has closed. In that case, it is hard to say, but there has been no news about servers closing yet, so it might be up for a while yet.
Same people who made PGR 4 made this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP View Post
According to an Activision employee, the answer for now is no.

"There will be no impact whatsoever to the overall game infrastructure and, as such, game sessions and all other network/multiplayer aspects of the game will remain intact and as is".
Great, but I am still gonna go for Legend asap.
__________________
Electro Swing <3
master_shake_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Shelton
 
Shelton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,285

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
MS runs the servers, so they won't close down. Look at Shadowrun, FASA went under only months after Shadowrun's release. It has been years and it is still online. The only time that the servers are taken down/offline is when the companies choose to use their own. EA and 2K are the main offenders. If you see a game published by either, you're most likely on a time limit.
__________________
Done with achievements.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
mrbonelly
 
mrbonelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Right here yo!
Posts: 802

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
MS runs the servers, so they won't close down.
did you mean Activision? since they own/have the rights for Blur
__________________
Words to game by - Always make a back up save!
mrbonelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Seany Show
 
Seany Show's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: You Kay
Posts: 1,912

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonelly View Post
did you mean Activision? since they own/have the rights for Blur
I don't believe that Activision have their own servers and you will find that they use Microsofts. It is only EA & 2K who seem to run their own servers & shut them down when the games become unactive.
__________________


GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Boots Orion
 
Boots Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 277

Boots Orion's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany Show View Post
I don't believe that Activision have their own servers and you will find that they use Microsofts. It is only EA & 2K who seem to run their own servers & shut them down when the games become unactive.
Its not when they become unactive, that's just what they tell people in their press releases to make the pill easier to swallow.

The reason they do it, and for both 2K and EA it is normally for sports games, is to encourage people to buy the current edition of the games. The LOTR shutdowns were for different reasons (i.e., contract expired), and to be honest they kept the servers for BFME II open much longer than they had to.

You can't blame EA and 2K for wanting people to buy the newest editions of their games, so I don't really hold that against them. Trust me though, if Activision (or any other developer) put out sports games like NHL, NBA, Madden, etc., they would control the servers for those games too. We only care because we like to get achievements.

Anyhow, to answer the OP's question, the servers won't close for Blur. Some features may end up getting removed/unsupported (like the Gotham TV feature in PGR3), but other than that, you will still be able to play the game online (and get achievements) until Microsoft stops supporting XBL for the 360, which won't be for a long long time (they just removed XBL service for the original XBOX last April even though they released the 360 4 and a half years prior).
__________________
Boots Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
etsry2k
 
etsry2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to etsry2k

etsry2k's Gamercard
I love this game, loved it during the beta and loved it when it came out. Hell, i went and got it at midnight from GameStop...sad to see that it never took off.
etsry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
chelseaman99
 
chelseaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Posts: 332

the sfc chris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Orion View Post
Its not when they become unactive, that's just what they tell people in their press releases to make the pill easier to swallow.

The reason they do it, and for both 2K and EA it is normally for sports games, is to encourage people to buy the current edition of the games. The LOTR shutdowns were for different reasons (i.e., contract expired), and to be honest they kept the servers for BFME II open much longer than they had to.

You can't blame EA and 2K for wanting people to buy the newest editions of their games, so I don't really hold that against them. Trust me though, if Activision (or any other developer) put out sports games like NHL, NBA, Madden, etc., they would control the servers for those games too. We only care because we like to get achievements.

Anyhow, to answer the OP's question, the servers won't close for Blur. Some features may end up getting removed/unsupported (like the Gotham TV feature in PGR3), but other than that, you will still be able to play the game online (and get achievements) until Microsoft stops supporting XBL for the 360, which won't be for a long long time (they just removed XBL service for the original XBOX last April even though they released the 360 4 and a half years prior).
If they didn't put online achievements in their games I wouldn't care about them closing their servers down because at the point they close them the next edition of the game is usually pretty cheap.

@OP - I can't see them being closed any time soon.
chelseaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Flopsy86
 
Flopsy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Posts: 135

flopsy86's Gamercard
Activision do remove support for certain features in their games

Just look at Guitar Hero World Tour, they have removed the GH Tunes feature from that game and it has made 2 achievements unobtainable as a consequence.

However, the online servers are still there in that game so the online aspect of the game won't disappear completely but things like leaderboards and social aspects may be removed.
__________________

Flopsy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
stealthy
 
stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 26

RubberTypeX's Gamercard
Seems like part of the online aspect is offline now. The friend challenges have not worked for a week or 2 now
stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Dobi93PL
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13

Dobi93PL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
Seems like part of the online aspect is offline now. The friend challenges have not worked for a week or 2 now
Did they fix it? Or it still doesn't work?
Dobi93PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.