PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Heads up: potential collector's item

As the result of a recent litigation these games will be recalled from retail soon.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...--Destiny.html

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up these games may become collector's rarity if purchased new and sealed.

I just purchased 2 from amazon. One to open and play since the achievements are so super easy and the other copy to keep sealed to increase its value over time.

It will probably take anywhere from 10-20 years before you start to see any real price hike but I figured what the heck. Might be worth the risk.

This is a pretty unique case. Never heard of a court ordering a videogame developer to recall and destroy copies.

Last edited by Hoborg; 11-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
Yeah I'm with you. I'll be searching for a copy before the prices get insane. I'm happy I don't sell my games and still have my copy of Too Human that I got when it was released.

It is pretty crazy eh, the whole 'destroy all copies' thing. I've never heard of anything like it either. I mean I've heard of people destroying ET, Shaq Fu, and other crappy games simply because they suck, but I've never heard of a court case that demanded this type of action.

They can only destroy unsold copies of the game though, correct? It's not all that different from a game going out of print then. We should still be able to find tons of copies of Two Human and X-Men down the line simply because of all the used copies out there.
Cyano Khaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's retail copies only but Gamestop stopped selling them used so I don't really know:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...gEQmv86bRQwyLQ

Either way, the most valuable copies will be the ones that are sealed.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote