PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Fat Grover

Fat Grover's Gamercard
Update lowered happy stars for beating Marshal on very hard

you now only earn 500 stars. I think I'm done with this game. Earning stars any other way is too slow for enjoyment.
100% - 3D Ultra Minigolf, Backyard Football 2010, Call of Duty BO, Call of Duty MW, Call of Duty MW2, Dash of Destruction, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Dig Dug, Fable II, Fight Night 3, Fruit Ninja, Gears of War 2, GH: Aerosmith, Golf: TIU, Harm's Way, Madden NFL 11, NCAA Football 07, NCAA: MM 07, Open Season, TMNT, Trenched, Worms, X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fat Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
j9292

Mr Chang 3000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Grover View Post
you now only earn 500 stars. I think I'm done with this game. Earning stars any other way is too slow for enjoyment.
yeah i'm sure glad all in need to do is beat the game and have perfect but this is soooo dumb. Now they are really forcing you pay to win.
j9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Obama bin laggn

bin Laggn lives's Gamercard
Yep. Noticed this after grinding and spending 70k yesterday. I didn't get anything above 6w and no premium, went back and it's only 500!!!!! Just a money grab before the online community drops off more. Most of my friends already quit playing because you can't rank up the high weight premiums because of the material cost. It was a good run tho free for me suckas I'll never pay!
Obama bin laggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
You are done with a game just because a certain level rewards less stars? I'm sorry, but to me it seems a bit ridiculous to want to stop playing an entire game over something so trivial like that. You can get many stars simply by playing the game and having fun with it! Grinding for them isn't really necessary in order to be successful, and you don't need to pay a single Microsoft point to be successful in the game either.

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Anybody know what else they changed in the update? Connection issues would be nice. I'm not able t check because I'm at work.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
It was to easy to farm stars, that fixed was needed.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
Ceris
Why So Ceris?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Welcome to the world of grinding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j9292 View Post
yeah i'm sure glad all in need to do is beat the game and have perfect but this is soooo dumb. Now they are really forcing you pay to win.
I'm just happy that I don't have to pay to play the game. Since the game was free, you don't really have the right to gripe about changes made to make the game harder to get achievements and such.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 11-09-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
j9292

Mr Chang 3000's Gamercard
in good news i think they did an over haul on upgrading stuff go take a look.
j9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
bentiancai

Legend make's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaW CaRNage x View Post
Anybody know what else they changed in the update? Connection issues would be nice. I'm not able t check because I'm at work.
I guess not, I updated the patch taday, it still says they are adressing the online issues, as expected, when I connected to online matches, it still takes too long to start, so nothing changes.
bentiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Stubbs4k

Stubbs4k's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama bin laggn View Post
Yep. Noticed this after grinding and spending 70k yesterday. I didn't get anything above 6w and no premium, went back and it's only 500!!!!! Just a money grab before the online community drops off more. Most of my friends already quit playing because you can't rank up the high weight premiums because of the material cost. It was a good run tho free for me suckas I'll never pay!
Sure, they nerfed the overtly generous Happy Stars in the campaign, but they did adjust the material values of items. It is much easier to upgrade premium items now rather than leveling up fodder just to level up the premium. They giveth and taketh.

Sidenote to OP: If an obvious exploit getting rightfully nerfed ruins a game for you, then just move on. Go enter the Konami Code over and over on the Contra startup to make yourself feel better.
Stubbs4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Appears someone wanted to play and upgrade everything offline. Well, I see it this way. you have to get to level 26 either way, if you want to get the achievements. And that level is only obtainable in multiplayer, where the only way to level up is to complete games, which results in getting happy stars. So at least put in a valiant effort to complete it online. Get happy stars and then back out every so often, and upgrade your items. Easy, plain, simple

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote