PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Jeopardy!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
BurningStickMan

BurningStickMan's Gamercard
Jeopardy info

Like most of these game show games, I imagine info for this will be scarce. So here's a basic rundown from the copy I bought today:

It is essentially identical to the Wii version from 2010, except the Miis are obviously replaced with even more generic characters.

The questions are supposed to be new, though it's too early for me to tell.

There is no support for Kinect. The Wii version had support for Wii Speak (to shout answers, I suppose) but that is not ported for Kinect. No Kinect at all.

There are Easy, Normal and Hard difficulties. Easy gives you 4 multiple choice answers. Normal and Hard require you to type the answer on a virtual keyboard, with an updating auto-complete list to shorten the time.

Minigames are played between rounds. So before Double and before Final Jeopardy. These can be disabled. There is no option to play the minigames separate, so if you're grinding those achievements, you'll still have to play through complete episodes.

Very basic character customization. Clothes are unlocked as prizes. You cannot sign your name, instead your gamertag is used. Only ten base character options (five guys, five girls), none of which you'd want to associate with yourself.

Overall, if you're familiar with the Wii version, that's what you can expect here. Feel free to ask any questions I might have missed.
BurningStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
mike2133

Is Final Jeopardy always multiple choice, like in the Wii version?
mike2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2133 View Post
Is Final Jeopardy always multiple choice, like in the Wii version?

yep. multiple choice
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
bigsilentrob

BigSilentRob's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Any clue if you can use the chatpad to type your answers?

Currently Playing
Alphajax (WP)
Angry Birds Stella (WP)
Clash of the Titans (360)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (360)
Pure Pool (One)

bigsilentrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsilentrob View Post
Any clue if you can use the chatpad to type your answers?

yes you can. Same with Wheel of Fortune.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
bigsilentrob

BigSilentRob's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wheel of Fortune is pretty good. I was trying to decide whether to get Wheel or Jeopardy. Jeopardy wasn't in stock in the store I was in, so I went with Wheel. I'll pick up Jeorpardy when I find it. Thanks for the info on the chatpad.

Currently Playing
Alphajax (WP)
Angry Birds Stella (WP)
Clash of the Titans (360)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (360)
Pure Pool (One)

bigsilentrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Vivi

Couple things to note:

For the get no answers wrong achievement you have to answer every question that game. I tried playing and just answering some questions right and then not buzzing in for the rest and didn't get the achievement.

Also this is going to take a while. I got the $1,000,000 achievement and was hoping to just breeze through some games after that by not answering many questions but you don't unlock any costume pieces unless you get a certain amount of money. Not sure if minigames unlock anything butvi turned them off after I got the minigame related achievements. Maybe I should turn them back on.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
spockroxfaces

spockroxfaces's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Couple things to note:

For the get no answers wrong achievement you have to answer every question that game. I tried playing and just answering some questions right and then not buzzing in for the rest and didn't get the achievement.

Also this is going to take a while. I got the $1,000,000 achievement and was hoping to just breeze through some games after that by not answering many questions but you don't unlock any costume pieces unless you get a certain amount of money. Not sure if minigames unlock anything butvi turned them off after I got the minigame related achievements. Maybe I should turn them back on.
Minigames are the fastest way to unlock costumes. I unlocked 35/45 achievements playing only 5 games. Is there a faster way to win games?
spockroxfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Vivi

Only way I know to speed up games is to hit pass on questions. But you won't win any costumes/etc if you don't win enough at the end. But since you just said minifames help that's good.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Doing the minigames and not answering the clues is the fastest way to get games complete and earn clothes at the same time. I'd answer one whole category at the start completely right and then let the game idle through or select some categories to speed it up a little. You still get two items a game if you get the minigames right and it saves you time instead of stopping to look up the answers on your way to $60K a match. Once you get the clothes achievement you can eliminate the minigames and speed up your matches a little bit more.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Vivi

Probably no easy way to get the pick the daily double first achievement?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Probably no easy way to get the pick the daily double first achievement?
Pick any of the bottom 3 options in any category. It should never be the first two options. This brings your choices down from 30 to 18 making it a little easier.

On a side note, after getting all of the other achievements besides finishing up the matches, playing by yourself becomes the best option then. Answer one question correctly then skip the rest. "Idle" boosting for the clothes finished a match in about 30-35 minutes. Playing by yourself with no other controllers or bots brings a match down to 20 minutes.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 10-21-2012 at 12:02 AM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Wilkz07

wilkz07's Gamercard
Can you get any of the multiplayer ones locally like who wants to be a millonaire?
Wilkz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
sirnerd84

Send a message via AIM to sirnerd84

sirnerd84's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
On a side note, after getting all of the other achievements besides finishing up the matches, playing by yourself becomes the best option then. Answer one question correctly then skip the rest. "Idle" boosting for the clothes finished a match in about 30-35 minutes. Playing by yourself with no other controllers or bots brings a match down to 20 minutes.
Will these count as wins?

Completed Retail:
Completed Arcade: 12
sirnerd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
looks like its 20k for the outfits and 40k for concept art im simply answering the whole bottom row for 5000 then winning the daily double making it 10,000 then idling, then all the bottom row for double jepoardy for 10,000 and then daily double twice so at that point you have 10,000 from jep, then another 10,000 from double then when you get the daily doubles and bet all your money it should bring you up to 80k (20,000 balance wager all on first then 40,000 balance wager all on second) then simply bet all your money on final jeopardy get it right and you have 160k and youve only had to answer 11 questions.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnerd84 View Post
Will these count as wins?
yes it does like i said above basically just answer whole bottom row for both rounds plus max bet on all daily doubles and final jeopardy and you only have to answer 11 questions a game.

Once you have the clothes and arts if you're not at 50 i think you can answer 1 question get it right then idle out
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Couple things to note:

Are you talking about "I Never Guess"?

Has this been confirmed by anyone else? Is this true for all levels of difficulty?

EDIT - I guess it is confirmed. Someone posted a solution on TA stating the same thing. Damn.

http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=536301#vch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #18
explicitchaos

explicitchaos's Gamercard
Just got "I never guess" I tried it both ways. Answering questions I knew and skipping the rest. I did not unlock the achievements this way. I then did a match where I answered every question (correctly) presto! Achievement unlocked.
I played on easy with no AI opponents.

I got this game for the easy 1000, but it turns out this is really fun.
explicitchaos is offline   Reply With Quote