PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #1
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Ironman 2nd Outfit locked?

I beat the first boss, Fin Fan Fang dragon and fought some enemies along the way. Unlocked 2nd outfit, classic, no problem then went to Stark tower and checked it. Yet, when I checked the outfit, it's locked. Any idea?

Note: Ironman is my first character and I cannot figure it out how to get 2nd outfit after killed 30 times. Do I have to start over or what?

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Everytime you get an achievement, the game resets itself to the last point you saved at. For example: You unlock Iron Man's 2nd costume then *saved*. Then you unlocked Thor's 2nd costume..then shortly after you beat a boss for the first time and unlock the achievement for it. You'll notice that you still have Iron Man's Costume but your Thor's costume is mysteriously gone. The way around this is to always keep a back up save that has all your up to date unlocks. As well as always make up to date saves whenever you unlock costumes or characters(yes this glitch also makes you lose characters you've unlocked) before you get another achievement.

For another example: I got the 5th figure to unlock daredevil so that would've unlocked daredevil, but there was an achievement for getting him. So I reloaded my save from before I got the 5th figure, got it again, unlocked him again, but this time since there was no achievement to pop up there was no glitch and he stayed unlocked. What I've been doing so far is running through levels to unlock whatever achievements are associated with the level. Then playing through it AGAIN this time killing enemies taking my time and such, since there is no worry about achievements cancelling all my hard work. So that means you have to fight bosses TWICE so you keep all the progress that unlocks up to that point. *sigh* I figured all of this out myself all in the course of a single night. And I wish I would've known this earlier=_= I wasted more time on the Arcade levels and unlocking costumes(the same one over and over!!!!) than I should have thx to that damn glitching.

If you have any questions or need me to get more specific with details just msg me. I'm surprised no one else has fully figured out the cause of the glitching yet(or at very least posted the solution). Because I had checked all over the place online and no one had even come close>,>. There was mainly just ways to glitch the "Dress for Success" achievement like to make it unlock through using an alternate account. I guess maybe because the game is old no one feels the need to troubleshoot it anymore
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeaEffahless View Post
Everytime you get an achievement, the game resets itself to the last point you saved at. For example: You unlock Iron Man's 2nd costume then *saved*. Then you unlocked Thor's 2nd costume..then shortly after you beat a boss for the first time and unlock the achievement for it. You'll notice that you still have Iron Man's Costume but your Thor's costume is mysteriously gone. The way around this is to always keep a back up save that has all your up to date unlocks. As well as always make up to date saves whenever you unlock costumes or characters(yes this glitch also makes you lose characters you've unlocked) before you get another achievement.

For another example: I got the 5th figure to unlock daredevil so that would've unlocked daredevil, but there was an achievement for getting him. So I reloaded my save from before I got the 5th figure, got it again, unlocked him again, but this time since there was no achievement to pop up there was no glitch and he stayed unlocked. What I've been doing so far is running through levels to unlock whatever achievements are associated with the level. Then playing through it AGAIN this time killing enemies taking my time and such, since there is no worry about achievements cancelling all my hard work. So that means you have to fight bosses TWICE so you keep all the progress that unlocks up to that point. *sigh* I figured all of this out myself all in the course of a single night. And I wish I would've known this earlier=_= I wasted more time on the Arcade levels and unlocking costumes(the same one over and over!!!!) than I should have thx to that damn glitching.

If you have any questions or need me to get more specific with details just msg me. I'm surprised no one else has fully figured out the cause of the glitching yet(or at very least posted the solution). Because I had checked all over the place online and no one had even come close>,>. There was mainly just ways to glitch the "Dress for Success" achievement like to make it unlock through using an alternate account. I guess maybe because the game is old no one feels the need to troubleshoot it anymore
Thank you for your comment here. It must be a pain in the butt. What I did was start over and play as ironman again, and got his 2nd outfit costume. I realized this after I noticed it. I mean there is no way whether you would unlocked it or not. There is no guarantee if you get an achievement for all outfits. Sigh, I guess I'll start a new game after get all achievements then focus on get all outfits. I don't know.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote