PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
GTA V DLC Concern

I was wanting to post this yesterday but said nah, then I see new news about "Take-Two's Strauss Zelnick also revealed that Rockstar is planning something potentially groundbreaking for GTA V's multiplayer, with future DLC to be "interesting stuff"." and now decided to post this.

This could be taken two ways in a way but I see it as one as that 1. the game isn't out for many months to come and they are already talking about DLC. 2. Are they mentioning the DLC for multiplayer already or just DLC in general?

My concern is, well let me back up. I saw the achievements for Max Payne updated and people were saying how there is only DLC for the multiplayer, that concerned me. What if they do the same for GTA V and then today I read that above in quotes.

Is anyone else concerned that they will be focusing more on the multiplayer DLC wise and forget about the single player? I also ask because Rockstar asked for ideas on how to improve the crews if I'm not mistaken for multiplayer. I don't like the idea that DLC is already being mentioned even tho there are no details.

Your thoughts?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Is anyone else concerned that they will be focusing more on the multiplayer DLC wise and forget about the single player?
Maybe, but think about it. TLaD has a metascore of 90 and TBoGT has a metscore of 89. They won't forget about the single player when GTA IV add-ons were recived that well.

Perhaps the single player content won't be as big? Whatever they choose, they will do it right. Ignore their other games and DLC because quite frankly, GTA is on a whole nother level for these guys.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Maybe, but think about it. TLaD has a metascore of 90 and TBoGT has a metscore of 89. They won't forget about the single player when GTA IV add-ons were recived that well.

Perhaps the single player content won't be as big? Whatever they choose, they will do it right. Ignore their other games and DLC because quite frankly, GTA is on a whole nother level for these guys.
That's a good way of looking at it as well. I certainly hope they don't forget about the single player, they can do big things DLC wise with that also. Then again hopefully the single player is big enough to keep us busy for quite some time. Hopefully the multiplayer is improved and more enjoyable.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
After how well GTA IV's DLC's went down, they're sure to bring it back for V, I'm sure they will mix it up this time between the SP and MP.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
I'm sure they know the SP in GTA games is very important so we can probably expect some SP dlc but Rockstar has spent alot more time on their multiplayer in games since GTA IV (Look at RDR, Max Payne 3) so we'll see alot of multiplayer dlc too. Hopefully stuff like co-op missions.
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
GodAnnihilation
Banned User

Nanocybernetics's Gamercard
i hope the dlc is kinda built in once its downloaded (SP i mean) as i find it annoying with gta iv that it just loads up your most recent save and if its TLAD or TBOGT your wanting to play you then have to load up a separate save and wait for that content to load. I also personally hope that they bring San Fierro and Las Venturas back in dlc too, as driving down the strip in LV in lovely HD would be amazing. Either way i dont doubt rockstar as i know they can deliver. MP dlc im assuming wont be extra maps as it should just be around the city, tho extra game modes would be nice as long as i dont have to pay for them. I really dont want there to be a season pass either as i find that they will have to release dlc fairly shortly after the game is released and i find this frustrating and annoying when it could have been easily added to the stand alone game (obv there will be a limit as to what can be on the disc). While many may not find that a bad thing, i dont think this is the direction GTA should head.

Last edited by GodAnnihilation; 11-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.
GodAnnihilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Most games are talking about DLC before the games released nowadays anyway so it's hardly surprising.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
thisispreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodAnnihilation View Post
driving down the strip in LV in lovely HD would be amazing.
only if you're listening to "a been through the desert on a horse with no name"

thisispreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
I know this is getting beaten to the ground, but i think this would be interesting if there was a zombie thing in multiplayer..
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
I know this is getting beaten to the ground, but i think this would be interesting if there was a zombie thing in multiplayer..
You would think so but in GTA..doesn't go!

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I could see them focusing on crews and MP for their DLC. I don't think they will totally ignor the SP but I think there focus will definitely be on MP as far as the DLC is concerned.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuShNsTieN View Post
Yep and you're just beating it to the ground even more. I hear this for every game it seems especially any shooter. Zombies should remain in zombie games not be a simple add-on for every game that makes no sense. Why is it always zombies anyways? Why not vampires, or werewolves something challenging than slow ass walkers.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Yep and you're just beating it to the ground even more. I hear this for every game it seems especially any shooter. Zombies should remain in zombie games not be a simple add-on for every game that makes no sense. Why is it always zombies anyways? Why not vampires, or werewolves something challenging than slow ass walkers.
Though RDR's Undead Nightmare was pretty cool. GTA definitely doesn't need zombies though, they're just obnoxious at this point. Vampires would be cooler if they did feel the need to put in something silly like that.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Give me DLCs or give me death!

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
thisispreston

if zombies appear many more times in games that have nothing to do with them i might have a nervous breakdown.

thisispreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
Though RDR's Undead Nightmare was pretty cool. GTA definitely doesn't need zombies though, they're just obnoxious at this point. Vampires would be cooler if they did feel the need to put in something silly like that.
Were those really zombies? When I think of zombies I don't think of green slime spitting sprinting fast as a werewolf really zombies tho they were pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Give me DLCs or give me death!
Death, or exile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisispreston View Post
if zombies appear many more times in games that have nothing to do with them i might have a nervous breakdown.
I agree, it's really gotten out of hand. I'm burned out just by hearing about it so even if they did it as a DLC I wouldn't buy it. Would love something original.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Were those really zombies? When I think of zombies I don't think of green slime spitting sprinting fast as a werewolf really zombies tho they were pretty cool.

I agree, it's really gotten out of hand. I'm burned out just by hearing about it so even if they did it as a DLC I wouldn't buy it. Would love something original.
I suppose in that sense they were no more "zombies" than those weepers from Dishonored, but yeah they were

I'd buy it but only because it's R* so it'd probably have some other cool goodies that come with it like new weapons and what not.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
I suppose in that sense they were no more "zombies" than those weepers from Dishonored, but yeah they were

I'd buy it but only because it's R* so it'd probably have some other cool goodies that come with it like new weapons and what not.
As long as it's not that zombie in GTA IV with yellow tights.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #19
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
im more concerned that it will a six month console exclusive again
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Most games are talking about DLC before the games released nowadays anyway so it's hardly surprising.
GTA V's pretty much done and dusted. A few little bugs to find and polish out and all that shit remains. Instead of laying off everyone thats finished early (writers, art, voice etc) get them to start DLC content. Never ending cycle, and everyone constantly has work to do.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections View Post
GTA V's pretty much done and dusted. A few little bugs to find and polish out and all that shit remains. Instead of laying off everyone thats finished early (writers, art, voice etc) get them to start DLC content. Never ending cycle, and everyone constantly has work to do.
I'm glad that somebody else understands how this works.

A game is usually finished, or just having finishing touches put into it about 6 months or so before release. They have to send it off for certification (which obviously needs to be a complete game), and then they have to start getting it printed, packaged and distributed. In the time where they aren't working on the game, they need to start work on the next project, which will be a new game, or DLC for their upcoming release.

A lot of people think that DLC is created alongside a game, with the intent to keep it off of the disc and release it soon after to make more money. That may be true in some cases (Capcom, who leave the content locked on the disc), but in most cases, it's just that they've started working on it sooner rather than later.

The main problem with DLC is it can cause companies to focus less on their title, and more on the DLC. When they are hard at work on the DLC, they may neglect the new bugs and glitches that are popping up in their main game.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Printing/packaging doesn't take as long as you think. They could do every GTA game sold in a few months. [80 - 100 million games]
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
Here's the artwork for the first Expansion pack DLC.

Looks pretty good

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #24
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

LMAO

looking forward to strap C4 on my dog

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

HA! That's funny, Trevor and his cat. XD
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
Mongolian Beef

cRow Dance's Gamercard

My thoughts?

I'm thinking I'll pick up the GOTY/Complete Edition because fuck DLC and fuck this DLC culture.

That's my thoughts.

Mongolian Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #27
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
Here's the artwork for the first Expansion pack DLC.

Looks pretty good

Lol that made me laugh haha

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

It looks real, I think Pets will sell big..LOL

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #29
UgotPWNDkthxbi

UgotPWNDkthxbi's Gamercard
The game is only 5-6 months out. I wouldnt consider that many months.
UgotPWNDkthxbi is offline   Reply With Quote