PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam and Earl
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
kinjoking

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
walkthrough

since i havnt played the first Tj&E game, i was wondering if someone was going to make a full walkthrough video including chronological achievements and stick it on youtube, so i (and countless others) know what wer'e doing and can play the game as in the vid. it would be a time saver and a big help towards the first 200G!

50,000GS - Sniper Elite V2
1st to Leaderboard R.A.W (200G)
60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
This isn't quite what you're looking for but may still be helpful anyway. It shows full maps for the first game for each of the "Fixed World" levels (including Ship Pieces and exits).

http://skutter.net/tjande/maps.html

Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
kinjoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
This isn't quite what you're looking for but may still be helpful anyway. It shows full maps for the first game for each of the "Fixed World" levels (including Ship Pieces and exits).

http://skutter.net/tjande/maps.html
thats pretty sweet, but how do you go from level to level, how exactly do you complete levels? is there like teleports or something?
if you look at level 6, doesnt seem like any way of getting to the ship piece?

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Kahn13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjoking View Post
thats pretty sweet, but how do you go from level to level, how exactly do you complete levels? is there like teleports or something?
if you look at level 6, doesnt seem like any way of getting to the ship piece?
Um well basically the idea is to reach the elevator in each level until you find a level with a ship piece (which you need to collect - that's the overall point of the game) and then continue on.

Usually if you walk around the edges of a map at certain points there are "hidden" paths that can sometimes trigger/form. I believe this is what you need to do for Level 6 (unfortunately I don't think there's a guide that shows those although I could be wrong). You can sometimes guess where they're going to be but it takes a bit of exploring sometimes...

Last edited by Kahn13; 11-07-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Don't follow a video guide for this game if you've never played it before... There's plenty of weird things in this game that will be ruined if you see it in a video first. Much better to randomly come across them!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
kinjoking

cant say im that bothered about savouring the moment, just wanna complete it, i grew up playing the sequel so the 1st game is just by-the-by for me.

PS- on the tje2, where can you find warp rooms, i saw the cheevo, completed the game without having ever saw one, any ideas??

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
Kahn13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjoking View Post
cant say im that bothered about savouring the moment, just wanna complete it, i grew up playing the sequel so the 1st game is just by-the-by for me.
It might be worth investing in the first game at least a little since it'd take 2 runs to 100% the game. I recommend having a reasonably thorough playthrough of Fixed World to get used to the game and grab most of the achievements so that the Fixed World playthrough is a tad less daunting.

Even with all my experience and having just completed Fixed World, I found Random World (or rather my Random World) to be very challenging. I'm sure it's a lot worse for anyone rushing through the game (and with no real way for a guide to help).

Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Thomas001122

thomas001122's Gamercard
How do you kiill the demon mailbox? I played this game to death way back then but can't remember how I killed him before. Maybe I just ran(well he is pretty fast) from him(more like tried to stay away from) all the time lol.

Edit: Duh the use of tomato slinging...but I was thinking that didn't work before...oh well lol

Last edited by Thomas001122; 11-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Thomas001122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
Kahn13

Hey guys, some of you may already know this, but apparently in Fixed World despite the outward appearance of presents changing, the contents of them are always the same. So for instance, the Level 1 presents will always have Decoy, Boombox, Door, and Tomatoes.

This is handy to know because in Level 2, there is a randomizer and identifying it is VERY important (it's arguably more dangerous than Total Bummer). Apparently it always spawns just north of the present closest to the Mail Box.

I'm surprised after all these years that I NEVER picked up on that (that's what makes old games so awesome - there's always things you learn about them even years later lol).

Last edited by Kahn13; 11-09-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
thelatestmodel

thelatestmodel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
Hey guys, some of you may already know this, but apparently in Fixed World despite the outward appearance of presents changing, the contents of them are always the same. So for instance, the Level 1 presents will always have Decoy, Boombox, Door, and Tomatoes.

This is handy to know because in Level 2, there is a randomizer and identifying it is VERY important (it's arguably more dangerous than Total Bummer). Apparently it always spawns just north of the present closest to the Mail Box.

I'm surprised after all these years that I NEVER picked up on that (that's what makes old games so awesome - there's always things you learn about them even years later lol).
This is going to be VERY useful, I never knew that!
thelatestmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas001122 View Post
How do you kiill the demon mailbox? I played this game to death way back then but can't remember how I killed him before. Maybe I just ran(well he is pretty fast) from him(more like tried to stay away from) all the time lol.

Edit: Duh the use of tomato slinging...but I was thinking that didn't work before...oh well lol
Tomatoes or slingshot.

I forgot that you need the icarus wings to just fly up to the Cherubs to kill 'em.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote