PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
eXoTiC Zebes0
 
eXoTiC Zebes0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 198
Send a message via Skype™ to eXoTiC Zebes0

eXoTiC Zebes0's Gamercard
I can't get the Marathon Man achievement :(

I've taken them all on Normal 3 times now Any fix?
__________________
eXoTiC Zebes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Paradise City
Posts: 2,868
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
No real idea... My best guess would be to delete your Halo 3 save and try again (or if you're concerned about keeping it, put it on your new cloud saves ).

You should still be able to access all your completed levels as most of the halo games save what you've completed (levels and skulls) on their servers. Not sure if the servers save your terminals too, but in the chance they don't, it might just fix your issue.

Hope it helps
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
eXoTiC Zebes0
 
eXoTiC Zebes0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 198
Send a message via Skype™ to eXoTiC Zebes0

eXoTiC Zebes0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
No real idea... My best guess would be to delete your Halo 3 save and try again (or if you're concerned about keeping it, put it on your new cloud saves ).

You should still be able to access all your completed levels as most of the halo games save what you've completed (levels and skulls) on their servers. Not sure if the servers save your terminals too, but in the chance they don't, it might just fix your issue.

Hope it helps
Yeah I'm going to try that tomorrow when I get back home. It's my last achievement on halo3 Looking forward to 1750
__________________
eXoTiC Zebes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
B0seiju
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 421

b0seiju's Gamercard
Ehm, do actually wait till the terminals infect/crash. Because my in my first tries I just enter them for a second and then I got out of 'm again. You have to wait till the screen flashes or goes red or something like it. Then wait some more, and then you are good to go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas_loel View Post
I just gotta learn that she isnt the best yet, so my screaming should be adressed to people with penises only. She will be the best at gaming soon enough, knowing how she excels at anything else

Last edited by B0seiju; 12-10-2011 at 11:10 AM.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
eXoTiC Zebes0
 
eXoTiC Zebes0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 198
Send a message via Skype™ to eXoTiC Zebes0

eXoTiC Zebes0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0seiju View Post
Ehm, do actually wait till the terminals infect/crash. Because my in my first tries I just enter them for a second and then I got out of 'm again. You have to wait till the screen flashes or goes red or something like it. Then wait some more, and then you are good to go.
I maybe missed one by quitting out early so I'll try them all again xD
__________________
eXoTiC Zebes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Cammulder
 
Cammulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 151

Cammulder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXoTiC Zebes0 View Post
I maybe missed one by quitting out early so I'll try them all again xD
Is that what happened? I'm curious to see if that fixed it for you or not. Hope so!
Cammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Spartan Mike
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Cool A quick note:

make sure that you flick through the pages and wait until the terminal gets an "error" and takes you to the next section. Scroll through the pages unroll you find the "fragment ends" message. Once you get that you can exit the terminal and save and quit without finishing the level. That's how I got it.

Last edited by Spartan Mike; 04-12-2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Answer was wrong and had typos
Spartan Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
kezzaH
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 101

The Asus4's Gamercard
this achievement was a jar. my big mistake doin this was not paying a whole lot of attention to the achievement guideline and i missed the section where it turns red lol so glad its done and out of the way.
kezzaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
eXoTiC Zebes0
 
eXoTiC Zebes0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 198
Send a message via Skype™ to eXoTiC Zebes0

eXoTiC Zebes0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammulder View Post
Is that what happened? I'm curious to see if that fixed it for you or not. Hope so!
Finito! Forgot this thread, got the achievement after trying all of them again but waiting until it got red.
__________________
eXoTiC Zebes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #10
Chaz Of Sparta
 
Chaz Of Sparta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 741

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Mike View Post
make sure that you flick through the pages and wait until the terminal gets an "error" and takes you to the next section. Scroll through the pages unroll you find the "fragment ends" message. Once you get that you can exit the terminal and save and quit without finishing the level. That's how I got it.
The 'Fragment Ends' message never showed up for me (I've only got 3 or 4 terminals, and got them on Legendary). Will I still get the achievement?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeoutBoy1 View Post
Why, do you wanna watch do you. Prick
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
Eliteburst112
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1

GingaNinja112's Gamercard
I'm having trouble getting marathon man

I've found all the terminals numerous times and waited, but still nothing. Can anyone help?
Eliteburst112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.