PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 AM   #61
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
Too late.
Ugh.

Quote:
This will leave me forever curious.
Nope, I'll nip that in the bud.

My assumption would be that his statement is in reference to laziness. Which would be an eye-roller if that was the direction he was going.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #62
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
Ugh.

Nope, I'll nip that in the bud.

My assumption would be that his statement is in reference to laziness. Which would be an eye-roller if that was the direction he was going.
That... That's it? Oh Monk, you have nothing to fear.

"A Challenger appears..."

Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #63
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Our country should just make it against the law to have a kid if you're under 18. Automatic 15yr prison sentence and the kid gets aborted.
Then limit families to 1 child per couple to help population control.
I agree with this. Except for the 2 part, I think it should be know more then 2 kids. When the population eventually reaches 20 billion then it can be moved down to 1 child.

Last edited by Mandalorian831; 11-16-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Mandalorian831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #64
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
If a teen can actually take care of her baby with no problems at all and the kid turns out to be a fine behaved child, what's stopping them for having a child?

I would prefer that you'd have a baby, when you are over 18, but 16 years old teen can be more mature and more behaved than 26 years old woman or man.
(I've seen adults not taking care of their child propebly, while some teens have)

Though abortion is stupid, whatever your age is. I can slightly agree having an abortion as a good idea, but you should put your baby in adoption or to keep the baby for yourself, rather than having an abortion. (If we even were talking about those subjects.)

Jesseeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #65
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
It's a shame this thread turned into a Who Said That Line: Teen Pregnancy edition.

On a semi-side note.

Monk my original comment was about spade leading me on about the name of his school mate's baby being Bubba. When I hear Bubba, I think of black Bubba from Forrest Gump.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #66
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseeh View Post
If a teen can actually take care of her baby with no problems at all and the kid turns out to be a fine behaved child, what's stopping them for having a child?

I would prefer that you'd have a baby, when you are over 18, but 16 years old teen can be more mature and more behaved than 26 years old woman or man.
(I've seen adults not taking care of their child propebly, while some teens have)
That may be the case in Finland, but it certainly isn't the case in the UK, or the US. The amount of irrisponsible teenage mothers I know is appalling.

Quote:
Though abortion is stupid, whatever your age is. I can slightly agree having an abortion as a good idea, but you should put your baby in adoption or to keep the baby for yourself, rather than having an abortion. (If we even were talking about those subjects.)
That's a great idea, lets put more kids in the broken child care system, where there's a good chance that they may never even be adopted.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #67
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
As well as this pic that someone posted up earlier...

Did anyone look at this one?

Legend link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ag...t_-_Global.svg

The age of consent for a country pretty much makes no difference, in some places where it's lower the teen pregnancies are actually lower. It's all about educating kids about sex and what it means to look after a child, and how not to have one when you're 12. More rules (ie 1 kid limit, banning under 18s having kids) will make people more rebellious and more likely to do something. "That's illegal? I wanna do it!" Been there and done that myself (not had a child as a teenager! Plenty of illegal things though that I probably wouldn't have been really bothered about if they were legal).

Quote:
Though abortion is stupid, whatever your age is.
Do explain. Without mentioning religion...

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Last edited by Dav13s; 11-16-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Dav13s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #68
Xboxology Yolo

Send a message via MSN to Xboxology Yolo Send a message via Skype™ to Xboxology Yolo

2p33d1xg0n241es's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav13s View Post
IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg/800px-Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg.png[/IMG]

Legend link [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg[/URL

I just don't get how can some countries allow ages lower than 14?

Anyway here's an another one.

Source : http://www.nationmaster.com/red/grap...-rate&b_map=1#
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #69
Felonious Monk

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxology Yolo View Post
I just don't get how can some countries allow ages lower than 14?
In the grand scheme of things, an "age of majority" late into the teens is a fairly recent phenomenon. Matter of fact, even as a college student a chunk of society will still treat you as a child.

Mostly because they/we/you still act like one.

But it wasn't unusual 140 years ago to have 13 year olds marrying 40 year olds. Even before then betrothal resulted in folk being "spoken for" well before puberty; you think everyone behaved with honor in those times? Yeah, no.

Hell, 13 year olds were still working grueling, death-dealing factory jobs into the 1920s. What makes you think they weren't bumping uglies after work?

The concept of 18 is simply that it's an arbitrary number; it's not fair nor beneficial but society has proven that it can't be trusted without it as a guideline.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #70
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Alas of there was an answer to this question. ..

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #71
S3NS1Z

s3ns1z's Gamercard
no shave november is a cause too!!
S3NS1Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #72
Felonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Alas of there was an answer to this question. ..
what is this I don't even

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3NS1Z View Post
no shave november is a cause too!!
So is No Fap November but we don't care here.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #73
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
About the abortion stuff I mentioned earlier, I meant to say that in some occasions it's okay to haave an abortion, for a good reason. When you get pregnant, you shouldn't det an abortion immeadietly. Some doesn't have that good of a reason at all. If you just are not mentally capable to take care of a baby, then I would understand, but you could airways go for adoption, rather than abortion.

Though I do understand that there are different rules and ways in Usa, than in Finland.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #74
Felonious Monk

Quote:
When you get pregnant, you shouldn't get an abortion immediately.
You know, I never really thought about it. You've changed me with your insight. Excuse me while I go revise my to-do list today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM's To-Do List
-Flip off an asshole driver.
-Go to work.
-Eat lunch.
-Get an abortion.
-Loiter at GameStop
-Figure out this MAME bullshit on my Pi
-Call up one of the Eauxs and call them a loser.
-Disconnect phone.
-Forget to make deposit.
-Remember to pay bill with account that I forgot to put deposit into.
FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM's To-Do List
-Flip off an asshole driver.
-Go to work.
-Eat lunch.
-////////////////
-Loiter at GameStop
-Figure out this MAME bullshit on my Pi
-Call up one of the Eauxs and call them a loser.
-Disconnect phone.
-Forget to make deposit.
-Remember to pay bill with account that I forgot to put deposit into.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #75
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
You know, I never really thought about it. You've changed me with your insight. Excuse me while I go revise my to-do list today.
LOLNP!
(I suck at explaining things the correct way, I know )

Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #76
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:
About the abortion stuff I mentioned earlier, I meant to say that in some occasions it's okay to haave an abortion, for a good reason. When you get pregnant, you shouldn't det an abortion immeadietly. Some doesn't have that good of a reason at all. If you just are not mentally capable to take care of a baby, then I would understand, but you could airways go for adoption, rather than abortion.

Though I do understand that there are different rules and ways in Usa, than in Finland.
I have a better idea.

How about not telling women what they can or cannot do with their bodies? That would be grand.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #77
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I have a better idea.

How about not telling women what they can or cannot do with their bodies? That would be grand.
I'm not saying that women should do. I'm saying that SOME of the people who had an abortion didn't have a proper reason to have one (what I have heard and experienced in my every own neighborhood too) which I find stupid and a little bit disgusting.

Of house I'm not the one order, what women should do and do not. That would be idiotic of me.

And again, SOME (minority of them), not ALL of them.
I respect women as much as I do respect men. I'm really, REALLY sorry, if I offended someron in here. That wasn't my goal to do. Again, I'm sorry.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #78
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I have a better idea.

Quote:
I'm not saying that women should do. I'm saying that SOME of the people who had an abortion didn't have a proper reason to have one (what I have heard and experienced in my every own neighborhood too) which I find stupid and a little bit disgusting.
I totally agree with allowing women to handle the pregnancy or abortion decision by themselves (or with the father if they're together) as long as people (men AND women) are informed enough to realize that having an abortion isn't an extra form of birth control. If accidents happen, situations change, rape occurs, health problems appear, all of the other issues that could cause reason for an abortion occur, that's fine. If a couple decides not to use protection because they'll just fall back on abortion, that deals with the issue of eliminating the other benefits of protection (mainly condoms) which of course is protection from diseases. Overall, protection is still the smarter and cheaper option in that one scenario.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #79
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:

Of house I'm not the one order, what women should do and do not. That would be idiotic of me.

And again, SOME (minority of them), not ALL of them.
I respect women as much as I do respect men. I'm really, REALLY sorry, if I offended someron in here. That wasn't my goal to do. Again, I'm sorry.
It's okay. I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything. I'm just tired of people trying to dictate what women can do, especially in this day and age.

We're people, not property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I totally agree with allowing women to handle the pregnancy or abortion decision by themselves (or with the father if they're together) as long as people (men AND women) are informed enough to realize that having an abortion isn't an extra form of birth control. If accidents happen, situations change, rape occurs, health problems appear, all of the other issues that could cause reason for an abortion occur, that's fine. If a couple decides not to use protection because they'll just fall back on abortion, that deals with the issue of eliminating the other benefits of protection (mainly condoms) which of course is protection from diseases. Overall, protection is still the smarter and cheaper option in that one scenario.
I will admit that people like that annoy me, but I don't think they're entirely at fault for relying on that. I don't think it would be much of a problem if birth control was more accessible to people, but for some reason, there are plenty of people that still oppose it.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #80
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Our country should just make it against the law to have a kid if you're under 18. Automatic 15yr prison sentence and the kid gets aborted.
Then limit families to 1 child per couple to help population control.
Haha, I knew we could finally agree on something Gackt! They should make a law like that out here in California where the illegal immigration infestation is at a new all time high. Illegals are coming here everyday from Mexico and are breeding like flies to spit out Anchor Babies to speed up their own citizenship! Then to top it off each one of these families live in a 2 bedroom apartment with 6 to 8 children and 9 times out of 10 they are living on welfare to boot. Matter of fact, I'm dealing with my own personal problem right now... I recently found out an Illegal Alien has been working under my social security number! I had to take 2 days off of work at the Pharmacy to try to Iron this out with the Detective and Social Security office. They called me yesterday and told me he is indeed undocumented and that alone furthers my distaste for these parasites.

Pesonally I think there is a hidden agenda going on over here in the United States and it needs to be stopped. So far the only state in our nation that has had the balls to take a stand is Arizona.

Last edited by Delow317; 11-17-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #81
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
what is this I don't even
Oh wow. Didn't realize autocorrect slaughtered my sentence. I digress and move to notion on the point of fuzzy snuggle bears cuddling on a row boat during a midnight full moon in the land of Gackt.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #82
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:

I will admit that people like that annoy me, but I don't think they're entirely at fault for relying on that. I don't think it would be much of a problem if birth control was more accessible to people, but for some reason, there are plenty of people that still oppose it.
True. The fact that people even today are trying to make birth control MORE difficult to take advantage of is just absurd. It should be a nonissue at this point, but apparently plenty of people think otherwise for whatever reason.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #83
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - First Place   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I couldn't care about age. I am looking at the money aspect of it.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #84
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I believe this. I am part of that percentage. I am participating in No Shave November and have not seen my girlfriend much since Halo 4 came out. She understands. But this is definitely true.

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #85
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 View Post
I believe this. I am part of that percentage. I am participating in No Shave November and have not seen my girlfriend much since Halo 4 came out. She understands. But this is definitely true.
YES! Finally someone to fit the thread.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #86
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
YES! Finally someone to fit the thread.
Too much controversy about abortion and political bullshit in this thread. That's not even what it's about. But yes! I have definitely seen a lot of dudes growing out the facial hair and my xbox live friends list has been predominantly playing H4, AC3, or BLOPS2

Old 11-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #87
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Quote:
Too much controversy about abortion and political bullshit in this thread. That's not even what it's about. But yes! I have definitely seen a lot of dudes growing out the facial hair and my xbox live friends list has been predominantly playing H4, AC3, or BLOPS2
I was afraid it would turn into a political spewing match between the righteous left and the pious right.

Happy Dav posted some good yummy charts for me to eat up.

Nothing like a good laugh to get you through a rough day though. Knowing guys would rather grow out their beards, play H4, ACIII or BLOPS2 instead of playing the game of love. Bahaha, even if it is just in thought and not actually proven.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #88
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Quote:
I was afraid it would turn into a political spewing match between the righteous left and the pious right.

Happy Dav posted some good yummy charts for me to eat up.

Nothing like a good laugh to get you through a rough day though. Knowing guys would rather grow out their beards, play H4, ACIII or BLOPS2 instead of playing the game of love. Bahaha, even if it is just in thought and not actually proven.
Definitely true! The way I see it, there will be plenty of time for me to spend time with my girlfriend, but Halo 4 only comes out once! Gotta play it up for a few weeks until the hype dies a little. Good luck to all my fellow No Shave November-er's by the way

Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #89
Shiftie

Quote:
Eh.. my beard started last year....last November actually lol. It's been a really long November.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #90
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Nothing like a good laugh to get you through a rough day though. Knowing guys would rather grow out their beards, play H4, ACIII or BLOPS2 instead of playing the game of love.
Considering my ex, this is going to be me for a long, long time.

Bro-tip: Gaming is cheaper than companionship.