PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #241
J-NaDa

JNaDa's Gamercard
I hate that it's so difficult to get revenge. When someone hits my car I want to destroy them. Without being able to draw my weapon at my own free will, I can't shoot them, I can only knock them over by running into them, or attempt to run them over with my car. This game makes it so hard to run people over at lower speeds, since they move like the Flash to get out of the way of your car. Grrrrrr

Completed Games:
06 Arcade + Mobile Games Complete
26 Retail Games Complete (mostly non DLC)
01 Retail Games Incomplete + maxed out

Most Recent Completion:
NBA 2K12 (+dlc) - 1250
Jetpack Joyride WP8 - 200

Milestones (From 2/11/09):
10,000 GS - 11/12/2009
20,000 GS - 8/7/2010
30,000 GS - 11/2/2011
J-NaDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #242
kendzior

kendzior PL's Gamercard
I hate that achievments in dlc are hard. Especially the one with shooting two drivers before the car stop.

kendzior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #243
BLITZBUR6H43

IMMA WILDBOY's Gamercard
I really pissed with the fakeloo achievement done it 5 times never spotted or anything but no damn achievement. Guess keep trying just don't understand it.
BLITZBUR6H43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #244
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fuuuuuuck! Let me skip fucking cut scenes!!!!

This game has become so boring it makes me want to kill myself!

Last edited by pined5551; 03-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #245
UnicornNinjas

NJA 8bit's Gamercard
Really hate the catch all that is Doubt when the person said the truth but some how I am supposed to know there is more they have to say on a completely unrelated topic.
UnicornNinjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #246
Burns148

OllieWilliams's Gamercard
Auto-Fanatic

That damn drive all the cars achievement is to damn boring and ridiculous for a game where every other achievement is easy as hell its like their teasing us with a completion then boom fuck you lol
Burns148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #247
taneroo

taneroo's Gamercard
five words: damn the nash la fayette. the last achievement i needed in this game to 100% completion was the one where you've driven every single car and this one car was literally NOWHERE to be seen. i spent HOURS searching for it... and finally, i did, thank god. that achievement was a pain in the ass but i freakin loved this game, so hey, doesn't matter. and it was the first game i got all achievements on!
taneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #248
NvizoN

Send a message via AIM to NvizoN Send a message via MSN to NvizoN Send a message via Yahoo to NvizoN

KeithT722's Gamercard
I bought this game the day it came out. One of the worst 60 bucks I've ever spent. It was SO tedious. The interrogations bogged the game down and became boring after the first disc. Go here, find this, interrogate this guy, yell a little, get demoted, go here and on and on and on. I got rid of it.
NvizoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #249
KingHenry360

KingHenry360's Gamercard
I'm pissed that after i signed in to live it added a whole bunch of DLC achievements to the game that i'll never get, keeping me from getting the original max points for the game.
KingHenry360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #250
Flugruger

Okay so I'm somewhat late replying to this thread but I don't care, I really like this game but I've got a few things to get off my chest.

No complaints about this not being 'GTA-like', Rockstar told us exactly this and besides GTA IV is a pile of shit. There are some mechanics and aspects to this game that drive me up the wall though.

First example, inability to skip cutscenes. I know you're impressed with your facial recognition mumbo jumbo and yes it looks pretty damn awesome but for fuck sake I do not want to be saddled with an hour of dialogue that is spectacularly boring when watching/listening to the second time. This led to me essentially ruining the game for myself by making the conscious decision to follow a guide for the vast majority of the game in order to get fucking five stars first time so I don't have to waste my time going through all that tedious crap again.

On the subject of wasting my time, what the fuck is with all the dumb collectibles in this game. While the film reels are kind of cool in their own way I don't want to be going round collecting fifty of the fuckers when they have absolutely no relevance to the story or my character whatsoever. I am absolutely sick of having to spend hours going through guides to get these pointless things that are clearly only tacked on to add artificial length to the game. Guess what, it doesn't make people think they've gotten more out of the game, it makes them fucking hate you for wasting their time and boring the living shit out of them.

Next are the A.I. drivers around the city.
- Sometimes when you are gunning it down a road with sirens blaring it is handy to be able to weave in and out of lanes as sometimes going into the outside lane is a necessity. However, these NPCs will ALWAYS make for the outside lane regardless of where you are approaching from, resulting often in a concerted attempt to drive into you rather than stay out of your way.
- Silly fuckers also think the best way to aid a police car at a busy intersection is to simply stop right in the middle of it thereby almost completely obstructing the way forward.
- When I'm pulling out from a stationary position at the side of the road or making a three-point turn (again with my sirens going) the NPCs' cars are routinely quite happy to go ploughing straight into the side of me, then I get penalised for the damage. Piss off. Wouldn't be so bad if I could get out of my car and go shoot them in the face but the game won't let me!

Concerning interrogations, it really bugs me when you accuse them of lying and no matter what situation they're in they pretty much always get all cocky and immediately say "oh well why don't you prove it" which is essentially an admission of guilt and something I find incredibly unrealistic. The best bit is when they're sitting on the sofa and you're going through the suitcase right in front of them with the evidence in, you talk to them and they try and deny it and demand proof of the allegations despite having just quite clearly seen you pick it up.

(SPOILERS AHEAD FROM NOW ON)

Some points with the story really bother me. The whole Homicide desk story arc in particular is totally stupid, it turns out to be this one guy who's been stitching everybody up for the killings, yet when you confront the actual innocent people during the cases with the evidence they're always like "oh well you got me" and accept the prospect of getting fried from the inside out in the name of justice when surely they would strenuously deny it and suggest that they were being framed. Some of them actually admit it before you send them down which I just don't get. Also when you have the choice who to convict between mind reader guy from Heroes (who the evidence points to) or the creepy kiddie fiddler and your captain comes in telling you to send down the paedo despite the fact that it clearly wasn't him, you actually get two stars deducted for picking the husband. What the fuck is that all about, good job I didn't fall into that trap since I was using a guide because of my aforementioned cutscenes beef, otherwise I would have been absolutely incandescent with rage.

Finally there is Cole, I don't particularly like having to play as him because he is a complete and utter douche. Spends the entire game being a total boy scout with a massive stick up his arse preaching moral superiority to his partners in the car and then goes and has the affair. Stupid bastard. I may have been playing too much Mass Effect recently but I really wouldn't have minded the choice about whether to do that or not.

Last edited by Flugruger; 04-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #251
OGDIRTYINFIDEL

OGDIRTYINFIDEL's Gamercard
I keep having a problem with your partners audio when in a car going from spot to spot. Interestingly enough never had this problem on my first play though on my other profile like a year ago.
OGDIRTYINFIDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #252
Moist Gracie

Moist Gracie's Gamercard
Why the hell does every case have a car chase or foot chase?!?! Its so repetitive I can't believe they got away with doing that.
Moist Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #253
PharIVIacisT

PharIVIacisT's Gamercard
All I have to say is COLLECTABLE'S TOO MANY COLLECTABLE'S! ! !
PharIVIacisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #254
lazyNeighbour

lazyneighbour's Gamercard
After halfway through game got boring because of repetition of events(chase on foot, in car etc).
lazyNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #255
Zlholstar

zlholstar87's Gamercard
Trying to shoot someone and the game won't fire or the aim just jumps on its own causing you to miss and eventually get shot yourself.

100% Complete Retail - 10
100% Complete Arcade - 4

Zlholstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #256
Whispin627

Whispin627's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I thought the game was pretty good. I thought the ending sucked and was weak. My main complaints were the lag and everytime I saw a tow truck (for driving all of the cars achievement), it would disappear....I would stop the tow truck, hop out of my squad car, turn to get into tow truck, and BAM it's gone. The tow truck didn't seem to spawn that much either. Complete pain in the ass.

I thought the mechanics/methods behind making the game was pretty cool though.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #257
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I loved the interrigations and everything about the game BUT

1 Driving every vehicle in the game atleast once. WHY ? this has to be one of the dumbest achivements ever.

2.The game had 3 discs to it so constant disc switching,that started to really bug me.

Spoiler ALERT AT BOTTOM

The ending had me yelling and cussing at the TV what the hell is up with that. Cole dies at the end in a sewer wow what a dumb fucking ending. Thanks Team Bondi for saying Fuck you guys thanks for the ride hope you liked it while it was fun

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 11-18-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #258
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Are You Trying to Make Me Hate You, R*?

Not that I expect anyone to care, but I've despised this 'game' for a long time. My review from when it originally released:

http://www.giantbomb.com/la-noire/61...eview_id=19682

I agree with the person who said it was $60 misspent.

I turned this game in as soon as I knocked out the original 50 cheevos (including the ones from the first two DLC) and never looked back. But the achievement whore in me just won't leave it alone. I keep seeing that missing 200 G on my activity page and I know those cheevos have gotta be super easy, but I don't want to pay for the DLC.

So, yesterday I happened across a pre-owned copy of the Complete Edition and said to myself, "Hey, I could get those achievements for 'Nicholson Electroplating' and 'Reefer Madness' in a day or so and then turn this back in to GameStop and get all my money back... Free DLC! BWA-HA-HA!!

So I picked it up and took it home. Remembering that the first time around, the game ran better installed, I went ahead and did that. The 4 discs are almost 26 fucking gigs! Anyway, I then copied my old saves back into the game file and fired her up.

When the opening title menu comes up, all I can select is NEW and EXTRAS. WTF? I check the saves and they're still there and don't seem corrupt, but the game is ignoring them.

I couldn't understand because when I got the GOTY Edition of Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even have to re-install. I plugged the disc into the drive and headed over to the previously PS3-exclusive content and it fired right up.

So I head onto the Interwebs, and there I discover that R* was kind enough to change L.A. Noire for the Complete Edition. So, now, instead of the DLC cases being separate, like they were before, they are integrated into the various desks as part of the story.

The real kicker is that the Complete Edition does not recognize saves from the original edition. And apparently if you have a save from the original, it will prevent the Complete Edition from making a new save game.

Thanks a bunch for that, R*.

Essentially what this all boils down to is that in order to get the 10 cheevos I haven't acquired, I have to play the whole fucking game again. Okay, that's not entirely true, but considering "Nicholson's Electroplating" is the penultimate case I might as well be playing the whole fucking game again... Granted, I don't have to work to get the other cheevos, but still.

Good thing there are so many walkthroughs and that my partner can drive me everywhere. I knocked out the first 2 desks last night. But even then this game is still a trudge.

Depending on how long this takes me, I might re-examine my achievement whoring and make a new assessment on whether I should let this behaviour continue.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #259
BogeyOnSix

nguba2000's Gamercard
I hate how it is almost impossible to run over pedestrians with any vehicle. This is not fun, watching people magically avoiding the car.
BogeyOnSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #260
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Seems a little too brutal and sadistic, but I love stories like that.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #261
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Spoiler Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugruger View Post
Stupid bastard. I may have been playing too much Mass Effect recently but I really wouldn't have minded the choice about whether to do that or not.
lmao i totally agree on that point, as a ME fan myself i was very upset when cole went over to that junkies house during the cutscene. "uhhh what are we doing? why are the lights going off?" I was actually in denial that he did anything with her, until he pretty much admitted it to his wife... Other than that, i enjoyed his character.

I had some dislikes about the game, but for the most part it was good. That ending however was very lame, maybe i wouldn't of cared as much if it was Jack that died. Not to mention they have the NERVE, to let that roy douche talk at your funeral?
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #262
ANINERD

issa21's Gamercard
I was fine with driving in the game not being able to run over pedestrians. My problem is with the ending Cole cheating on his wife with the singer and then dying at the end.
ANINERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #263
Schimpie

Schimpie1312's Gamercard
I've been playing this game for a bit the past 2 nights and I fell asleep both times :')

I do like the atmosphere and idea of the game but just the way it's made combined with me being tired makes me fall asleep. I wouldn't even call the game boring.
Schimpie is offline   Reply With Quote