PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
sohail786

GlovesAreOff's Gamercard
It feels so good to have completed Encyclopedia of the Common Man

I spent the majority of my time on AC3 finishing this side quest today. Doctor Lyle took forever.!He kept alternating between reading his book and picking up herbs (so frustrating!). But it's done now. I look forward to hearing other people finishing this colossal grind of a quest
sohail786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
mikeymud

Mikey Mud's Gamercard
I didn't find it grindy at all. Just scanned the people as I did Homestead quests over time. I did run into the woodworker 2/3 glitch, but someone posted a fix for that, so I'm golden.

The feathers and almanac pages? That's grindy. Especially the pages - keep on getting screwed over by the wonky camera angle.
mikeymud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
KnightWhoSaysNi

NightWhoSayKni's Gamercard
Lucky! I don't think I'll be able to get this one. I didn't have problems with the Woodworker (scanned and entry recorded), but the Farmers are my glitch. I've got 3/3 scanned of them, but it doesn't say they're recorded.

Anyone else having this issue with the Farmers?
KnightWhoSaysNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
sohail786

GlovesAreOff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymud View Post
I didn't find it grindy at all. Just scanned the people as I did Homestead quests over time. I did run into the woodworker 2/3 glitch, but someone posted a fix for that, so I'm golden.

The feathers and almanac pages? That's grindy. Especially the pages - keep on getting screwed over by the wonky camera angle.
Hmm well maybe grind was the wrong word. It sure was a pain though if you were going out of your way to get it done. Almost done with this awesome game...just the main story left (Sequence 10 onwards), multiplayer and the Completionist cheevo - shouldn't take long only a few frontiersman and one brawler challenge remaining.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
The pages I found to be WAY easier when I realized that they follow a set path based on what direction you approach them from. Pick on direction to come from, and just get the path down. Then fast-travel to the nearest spot, and go again. Repeat until you get the buggers off your screen.
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #6
AblativMeatshld

I do have to ask, though...

When you complete this, does it disappear off your list on the map screen?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AblativMeatshld View Post

I wonder this too, because mine doesn't (keep in mind I still have Completionist, which just unlocked for me).
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #8
mikeymud

Mikey Mud's Gamercard
Quote:

It did not clear in my game, but it's likely that's because of the woodworker 2/3 glitch.
mikeymud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
AblativMeatshld

Quote:
It did not clear in my game, but it's likely that's because of the woodworker 2/3 glitch.
Yeah, but MY woodworker part shows 3/3, and that extra radial about it being all complete is filled in too...

Is THAT the glitch? I thought it was "it stuck at 2/3 and only showed 2/3 no matter what"...

I should start reading these glitch threads more closely, by which I mean "at all"...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard
The best way to make use of the time is to keep fast travelling in Homestead to scan activities, then during night time do all collectibles and side missions.

And avoid scanning during winter, as El the Tailor does nothing during winter, so kinda wasting time.

The moment hearing the achievement popping was surprisingly good, only surpassed by completing Completionist.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
How do I avoid is all together? If its glitchy I would prefer to not touch it until its patched... Do I just avoid homestead missions? Or avoid talking to people after on my homestead?

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
sohail786

GlovesAreOff's Gamercard
Quote:

Well I have the achievement and it hasn't cleared off the screen like the challenges did. Maybe I have to go to the logbook on the first floor of the manor for it to clear though?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
sohail786

GlovesAreOff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpb View Post
How do I avoid is all together? If its glitchy I would prefer to not touch it until its patched... Do I just avoid homestead missions? Or avoid talking to people after on my homestead?
If you want to avoid until the patch I would suggest you don't scan any of the people that have joined you whilst they are doing their daily activites in Homestead.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
I've now finished the main story, and have only the farmers and innkeepers at 3/3. Woodworkers at 2/3. And the rest at 1/3 or even at 0/3, because, every time I come to see them, they do fucking nothing useful. Or an activity I already scanned. I spent 2-3 hours across the game on this and finally, I decided that spending another 5-6 hours or so for a mere 10G isn't worth it.

So I gave up on getting the full 1000G in the game because of this achievement. And also because of the Giant and the storm mission, I'm fed up of it.

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
ffm.piranha

FFMPiRaNHa's Gamercard
finally got this one, yieeeha !!

Woodworker is still shown on the screen with 2/3 but entry is shown as recorded, achievement popped ...

100% Retail Games incl. all DLC:
GTA 5 * Far Cry 3 * Assassin's Creed 3, 2, 1 * L.A: Noire * Red Dead Redemption * Dead Rising 2, Case West, Case 0 * Mafia II * Alan Wake * Bioshock * Bully * Beautiful Katamari
ffm.piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
Tyl3r16

Knutsack9669's Gamercard
I dont understand what im doing wrong...i scanned everyone, the log says i have 3/3 for each person, and the animus database says i have completed the entries 100% but it never gave me the achievement...
Tyl3r16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Tyl3r16

Knutsack9669's Gamercard
Help anyone? I posted the post above this one a few days ago and still cant figure it out
Tyl3r16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
Orgymang

Send a message via ICQ to Orgymang Send a message via AIM to Orgymang

Zero3ffect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r16 View Post
I dont understand what im doing wrong...i scanned everyone, the log says i have 3/3 for each person, and the animus database says i have completed the entries 100% but it never gave me the achievement...
It's doubtful that you are doing anything wrong, it is probably just glitched. Just wait for the patch this week and hope it fixes it.
Orgymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r16 View Post
I believe the log should disappear once you have successfully completed the EOTCM. The fact that it hasn't for you seems to indicate that you have run into the glitch. ... Try scanning Catherine churning butter. That sometimes fixes this glitch.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
michigan

Zef Sider's Gamercard
Damn you and your completion.
michigan is offline   Reply With Quote