PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
To Catch a Courier

Thieves Guild Challenge - Catch a Courier

This is one of the most annoying challenges in the game. You must see these couriers, chase them, and tackle them. To tackle them, have your fists as your weapon just in case. When you get close enough, press . Sometimes they stop for a second after you chase them for a while. You can also use rope darts or if you are quick, poison darts. You must tackle them before the poison takes effect. These guys will randomly appear and have a red money bag symbol. They are extremely quick, and the chase might last a while. Guards sometimes will help and make it even harder. They normally seem to hang around harbors/markets. Literally, just wait around until you see one.

This video has a pretty good spot.

The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 11-19-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
You just have to catch him. I think using poison invalidates the challenge as far as I know. As hard as it may be you have to chase him down to the point where there appears a promt to tackle him with B. If done right you instantly steal his money and the challenge should unlock....

Reached 100000 Gs on 13.06.2012

Achievement:
I swear I did it by mistake (10G)
Lollipop-Chainsaw
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Ceromorth

Ceromorth's Gamercard
I used poison, tackled him and got credit for this challenge.
Ceromorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceromorth View Post
I used poison, tackled him and got credit for this challenge.
Well then I stand corrected^^

Reached 100000 Gs on 13.06.2012

Achievement:
I swear I did it by mistake (10G)
Lollipop-Chainsaw
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Oh, I was hitting . So is the magic answer
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
bbss

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Oh, I was hitting . So is the magic answer
Yes, and you can poison him.

...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
The guy in that video lies! That is not courier central!
No, but seriously... maybe it worked for him, definitely not for me. I used that same spot for like an hour or 2 doing random stuff and it just never worked out for me.

Here's the spot that ultimately spawned a courier for me:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ass...courier-4.html
And it happened after about 5 minutes while in combat if that helps.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
I spent almost 2 hours looking for my courier (and he almost got away, but I got him after a 5 minute chase). I tried several recommended spots, but didn't see anything. However, there was a good chance that several passed by me (i.e.: 50+ meters away). I discovered that my courier only appeared on the map (or had an icon over his head) if I locked on to him. Unfortunately, there are many ordinary citizens who run in the streets, so it's not obvious if a distant runner is actually a courier or not.

So in summary, don't assume that the courier icon will appear on your mini-map (radar) or that you'll see a character with a red icon over his head running along the screen.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
bbss

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
If it can be of any help, I succeeded in forcing a courier appear by killing everyone in a fort and then waiting for people to respawn.

...land
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #10
Der Nacho

DER NACHO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I ended up just bumping into him while on horseback. Easiest tackle of a courier ever! I tried poisoning before, but for some reason tackling wouldn't work for me, just made me pick up his rifle.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
Starz 007

Starz 007's Gamercard
I had seen about three during the course of my run through, but I killed them rather than tackling them.

I found the area in Boston (east-south-east of south commons underground at a T intersection to be pretty good). I was able to spawn four of them there.

Everyone is correct: DO NOT KILL THE COURIER. When you get within range, the HUD gives you the option to tackle by pressing B.

I tried the poison dart/tackle approach, but didn't get it to work. I tackled another one from the air, and it didn't work. This was because I rushed both, and didn't wait for the HUD to give me the option to TACKLE.

Rope darts are your best friend. If you can get in range and put one of those suckers into him, you'll be able to catch him fairly quickly. Good luck to all!
Starz 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #12
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
When you eventually find a courier, just chase after him until you get near to him then keep spamming B and you'll eventually jump and tackle him
Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
I think it was a very bad design choice to have the courier marked with a red icon. I mean the game pretty much conditions your mind to think red = enemy and enemy = kill...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
I think it was a very bad design choice to have the courier marked with a red icon. I mean the game pretty much conditions your mind to think red = enemy and enemy = kill...
This.

I killed at least 4 Couriers throughout the course of the my main playthrough cause I had no idea who the fuck they were. Finally took my countless hours to spawn one -> I simply just went into a General Goods Store, and when I came out, a Courier was literally 'waiting' for me outside. Threw a quick Poison Dart at that bastard and tackled him before it took effect.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
Tried the General Store entering/exiting: no spawn.
Tried the north Boston spot in the video: no spawn.
Tried max notoriety and running around forts: no spawn.
Tried hanging out near Washington: no spawn.

Couriers are bugged horseshit fail in this game. Ridiculous to have this as a first tier challenge.

Come to think of it, has anyone seen couriers post-patch? I only ever saw one in my playthrough (all finished except for this courier nonsense)- it was near the eastern fort in Boston. Never before, never since.

EDIT: It never fails. If I type a post asking about something being broken or for clarification because something's not-working-like-it-should, the clouds part and the sun shines again. Just went on a rampage through southern New York shouting "the killings will continue until the couriers appear!" and after slaughtering about 30 Jagers...

A Wild Courier Appears! Your Rope Darts are Super Effective!

You have captured a Wild Courier!

Last edited by Kinjin; 12-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
Timmythebadger

Timmythebadger's Gamercard
Thank you for the location on the video.

I tried everywhere they spoke about here, never saw one! It was the last thing I did'nt have so I tried again and just one hour ago I decided to stay on the roof of the video reading a book... An one hour later I look up and he was in front of me!!!! (so lucky I did it...) I jump on the pad and catch that bastard, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Sorry I have to evacuate. Hardest unlucky and stupid challenge in the game... But thanks for every little infos from anyone!

Still cant confirmed a place and a time he could be, but he pass here just have to be verrrrryyyyy patient....
Timmythebadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
CodSteaks

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Are these the only running guys who will show up on your map with a red icon? Because I swear I've caught a few of these guys already, and the last 2 times I made sure I was just tackling them without killing them, and I still have not received any credit for the Thieves challenge.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
Skidstain

Skidstain Green's Gamercard
I went to the spot in the video, and after about 5 minutes was going to give up, and then one appeared right as I was counting down from 10 to leave! The chase only took me a minute or two too. I was expecting this challenge to take me a long time.
Skidstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
boomxboomxsnap

kaypeecuh's Gamercard
i dont think you can use rope darts, that would make it too easy
boomxboomxsnap is offline   Reply With Quote