|09-16-2012, 04:31 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Achievement Guide and Roadmap
+Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
+Offline: 30 (400)
+Approximate time to 400: 15 hours
+Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
+Number of missable achievements: 0 (level select)
+Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
+Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty setting
+Glitchy achievements?: None
+Unobtainable achievements?: None
+Extra equipment needed?: Must have Kinect to play
Special thanks to the following for their contribution and tips; Thee Elf, vgmmdi, Goots 88, heatlight, MrZombieChicken, Zebrasqual, Shakezoola
Welcome to Wreckateer, an angry birds-like destruction XBLA game that will have you razing castles and chasing points using your Kinect. As the newest member of a 3 party band of ballista wielding wreckateers, you will be travelling across a fantasy land filled with goblin infested castles, your job, by order of the king, clear out the goblins by reducing the castles to rubble.
Overall the game is fairly simple and allows for a reasonable amount of error. The Kinect sensor works almost flawlessly and allows for a great deal of precision to land those hard to reach shots. Once you learn the finer points of aiming, in flight control and how to utilize each of the different shots, you’ll be earning gold medals in no time.
Most of the achievements will unlock naturally as you progress through the levels but there can be a few gold medals that will require a little more patience and skill.
Unlike most Kinect games, you don’t need a great deal of space (roughly 7’ from your Kinect and about 3’ either side of you) nor is this a game that will cause you to break a sweat as most of the time you’ll be standing in one spot, moving your arms about on occasion.
The campaign consists of 10 stages and each stage consists of 5 castles and a challenge map. You will find most of the achievements will unlock as you progress through the campaign. The majority of gold medals will be awarded without too much effort, even on the later levels.
One of the longer achievements is ‘Green is Good’ which requires you to destroy 1000 goblins, so it’s good to keep in mind when landing a shot, to try and take out a goblin or two.
Many achievements require a certain type or combo of shot icons, these can be unlocked on almost every level and again, many of the icons needed for the achievements go hand in hand so again, you will unlock the majority of these naturally as you progress through the levels
These are unlocked after earning gold on all five levels in a region and become more difficult as you progress through the campaign. The challenge maps are basically trial and error until you find the correct flight path or strategy. As with the campaign maps, practice makes perfect.
After earning gold on all campaign and challenge levels you should have unlocked most of the achievements with the exception of maybe, ‘Green is Good,’ ‘Wrecking With The best’ and ‘Building an Army’. If this is the case, it’s just a matter of replying any level to grind out the remaining scores.
Wreckateer is a Kinect game that works and works well. It’s also one of the few Kinect games that doesn’t require a large play area. The game itself is not a difficult game to earn the full 400 and chances are you’ll quickly find yourself enjoying the addictive nature of destroying everything in sight and chasing points as the achievements begin to unlock. One of the most enjoyable Kinect arcade games available.
Quick Study - 5
Earned your first medal
This will come naturally as you progress and will probably be your first achievement. Use the skills taught to you in the tutorial level and go for maximum destruction on the first official level.
Good Start - 5
Earned at least a Bronze Medal on 20 levels
-See ‘Sir Wrecks-a-lot’
Keep Rolling - 10
Earned at least a bronze medal on 40 levels
-See ‘Sir Wrecks-a-lot’
Respectable - 15
Earned at least a Silver medal on 40 levels
-See ‘Sir Wrecks-a-lot’
Will Wreck For Food And Gold - 15
Earned Gold Medals in 20 levels
-See ‘Sir Wrecks-a-lot’
Sir Wrecks-a-lot - 20
Earned Gold Medals in 40 levels
You need to unlock a bronze medal to progress to the next level, which isn’t all that difficult but it’s best to try and aim for the gold medal as you play through each level. This can be difficult, especially on later levels as there is little room for error if your shot is slightly off course.
Once you learn how to maximize your score with each different shot type, you will begin to notice building setups and flight paths that are designed around each shot type. Provided you are earning golds on each level as you progress, the earliest you will unlock the achievement is after completing level 8-5.
Some general tips and tricks to remember when going for gold are:
-Try and line up as many bonus icons, towers, and walls with each shot to maximize your damage.
-Your multiplier is important and will net you the big points, if possible try and reach the x2 or x3 multiplier after your first shot and the subsequent multiplier after every following shot.
-Don’t be afraid to try again if you didn’t feel your shot was as good as it could have been. Mulligans are awarded each time you hit 3 goblins and each map has more than enough goblins to keep you supplied with a comfortable number of mulligans. If you mess up your first shot, rather than use up a mulligan, raise your right hand and restart the level.
-Watch the intro fly-by. Often there are 10,000 point bonuses or dynamite bundles hidden from view when standing behind the ballista. These are often the places to land a shot and mean the difference between a gold or silver medal
-Listen to your fellow wreckateers, as on most levels they will describe a flight path suited to your first shot type which usually involves score and bonus icons.
-If at first you don’t succeed…. At the end of each level you will see your score against the AI high scorer. This allows you to see what shots were lacking in points and what shots need more practice. Generally each shot type is only suited to a certain flight path so if one of your shots isn’t netting you a great deal of points, than chances are you are aiming in the wrong place.
If you find you are struggling with a particular level then you can always try searching the Gold Wrecked Level Discussion thread HERE.
Bosslike - 15
Earned at least a Silver Medal on all Challenge Maps
-See ‘Master of Destruction’
Serious Earner - 25
Earned at least a Silver Medal on all Campaign Levels
-See ‘Master of Destruction’
Master of Destruction – 35
Earned Gold Medals in all Levels, including Challenges
You will need to earn a gold medal on all Campaign levels and Challenge maps. Challenge maps are unlocked after earning gold on all 5 maps in a region and like the campaign maps, gradually get harder as you progress. The strategy to earning gold on the challenge maps is the same as the campaign maps and will require practice to find the best shot path that nets you the most bonus and score icons.
This achievement will take the longest to unlock but with practice and the right timing, shouldn’t be too difficult.
True Wreckateer - 40
Completed all Campaign Levels
There are 50 levels in total, 10 regions consisting of 5 levels in each. You only need to earn a bronze on each to progress which isn’t difficult. Challenge levels aren’t required for this achievement.
Punctual - 5
Got a Perfect Timing Bonus Icon
This can only be awarded with the bomb shot and requires you to detonate it at the precise moment. You need to listen to the shot as it begins to beep. The beeps will get faster and faster as you approach an object. To unlock the achievement you need to detonate it just before it impacts with a wall or tower. To detonate the bomb shot you need to move your arms up to form a ‘Y’.
Last edited by DEG23; 09-19-2012 at 11:16 PM.
|09-16-2012, 04:31 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hit The Weak Spot - 5
Got a Massive Damage Bonus Icon
This achievement requires you to cause significant damage with a single shot. The best strategy is to line up a shot to pass through multiple walls and towers, detonating dynamite along the way.
Alternate strategy by vgmmdi
Buzz The Tower - 10
Got a Daredevil Bonus Icon with a Flying Shot
Needs to be done using a flying shot. Daredevil icons are awarded for flying close to the ground or a tower (flying under bridges works also). Load the first challenge map and use the flying shot to do this.
I Want Them All - 5
Got an Icon Collector Bonus Icon
You need to collect a total of 4 bonus or score icons with a single shot. This is one of the easier achievements to unlock and will most likely come naturally as you progress through the game. If not, load up the first challenge level and use the flying shot to pass through at least 4 score icons.
Crack Shot - 10
Earned 5 Bonus Icons in a single shot
Another easy achievement that can be unlocked on any level and will most likely come naturally as you progress. If not, load up challenge level 2 and using the split shot, you can collect more than 5 for completing the course
Split Decision - 10
Collected 5 Shot Icons in a single shot with the Split Shot
Has to be done with the split shot, also note, the individual rocks have to hit the icons, not the line between them.
Strategy by vgmmdi
Stay On Target - 10
Got 10 Daredevil Icons with a single Flying Shot
Has to be done with the flying shot. Daredevil icons are awarded for flying close to the ground or a tower (flying under bridges works also). This can be unlocked on any level with the flying shot but will probably take some practice.
Alternate method by Thee Elf
Got Massive Damage, Earned A Mulligan, and Bank Shot Bonus Icons with a single shot
This can be tricky as it’s difficult to judge what constitutes ‘Massive Damage’ but this can be earned on almost any level as long as all three icons are earned with a single shot.
If you are struggling, load level 4-1, waste all your shots except the last basic shot, then aim at the 4 towers in the right corner. If done correctly you will inflict massive damage and bring down the 3 goblins required for a mulligan. Just be sure to bounce your shot off the ground prior to hitting the tower to earn the bank shot icon.
Surprise - 10
Got Perfect Timing and Terrifying Bonus Icons with a single shot
This needs to be done with a bomb shot to earn the Perfect Timing icon. To earn a terrifying bonus, you need to make your shot pass close by (without hitting) a goblin. Both icons need to be earned in the same shot.
Method by vgmmdi
Red Baron - 10
Got Low Power, Daredevil, and Dive Bomber Bonus Icons with a single shot
This needs to be done using a flying shot. Be sure to launch using minimal power to earn the low power icon. Once deployed either fly low to the ground or close to a tower for Daredevil, and finish your shot off by dropping sharply out of the air to earn the Dive Bomber Bonus.
NOTE: you don’t need to hit a wall or tower for the Dive Bomber Bonus to count. You can crash into the ground and have it still unlock.
Insult To Injury -10
Collected any Shot Icon and an In The Face Bonus Icon with a single shot
This can be unlocked with any shot type as long as you collect a Score bonus icon and hit a goblin in the same shot.
Alternate method by vgmmdi
Flying High - 15
Collected 10 Shot Icons in a single shot with the Flying Shot
The easiest way to unlock this is to load the 6th challenge map and use the flying shot to collect 10 Shot icons. This may take a few attempts to learn a path that works for you but overall it isn’t a difficult achievement to unlock.
’Splosion Shot - 15
Got a 125,000 point shot by Activating the Bomb Shot
This needs to be done using the bomb shot and can be unlocked on any level that contains a bomb shot. You will need to collect s many bonus icons as possible along the path and detonate at the right spot to cause enough damage. An easy method is to load the 2nd challenge map and using some trial and error, collect as many icons as possible before detonating the bomb as it reaches the middle of the group of towers. This should be enough to reach a total of 125,000 points.
What Challenge? - 5
Collected 8 Shot and Action Icons on the first Challenge Map
This is a simple achievement, load the first challenge level and with the flying shot, pass through 8 icons. There are more than enough shot and action icons so you can miss a few and still earn the achievement.
Last edited by DEG23; 09-19-2012 at 11:18 PM.
|09-16-2012, 04:32 AM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Oh, you got Tricks? - 10
You have earned every Bonus Icon
Most of these will come naturally as you progress through the game and work towards the other achievements. To my knowledge there is no way to keep track of what icons you have earned so it might be an idea to manually tick them off as you earn them.
The different shot types are as follows:
Misc Icons (Can be unlocked using any shot type)
- Pacifist Ė Land a shot without hitting anything
- I Regret Nothing - Pop the balloon only on a Hot Goblin
- Yee-Haw - Hit a Hot Goblin (the one hanging from a balloon) and take him for a ride
- In the Face - Hit a Goblin in the face, headshot
- Got A Mulligan - Kill 3 Goblins, cumulative
- Homewrecker - hit a small house
- Low Power - low powered shot, don't step all the way back, just out of the start zone (Flying Shot recommended to not waste a shot)
- Terrifying - Close shot to a goblin, but don't hit him
- Massive Damage - inflict a large percentage of damage (out of 100) on one shot (not sure what the percentage needed is). ie: clear 33% of level in one shot
- (Green) Do Over! - Get more points on your mulligan shot than your first attempt.
- (Red) Do Over? - Get a lower score on your mulligan than your first attempt
- Icon Collector - 3 or more different shot / action icons in one shot (easily obtainable with Flying Shot; however can be obtained with others)
- Long Shot - Far traveled shot, must hit a building
- Denonate 3 Charges - Set off 3 dynamite satchels with one shot
- Lord of la Mancha - hit a windmill
- Late Hit - When a building is delayed falling down on to another for more damage or a bouncing shot makes contact a short while after initial contact
- Special Delivery - Hit an action shield with lightning bolt which adds speed to your shot (Use Basic Shot, Bomb Shot, or Split Shot)
- Sharpshooter - Get a hit without using the gauntlets to move the shot (can not be obtained with Flying Shot or Split Shot)
- Bank Shot - Bounce a shot off the ground and connect (can not be obtained with Bomb or Flying Shot)
- Curveball - Hitting an action shield with the spring on it which makes your shot curve more, alternate: keep curving a shot in one direction (Can not be done with Flying Shot and can be done before activating Split Shot)
35) Return to Sender - Fire any shot that can be swiped (Not a Fying Shot) as straight up as possible with low power, then keep swiping left or right. If you land anywhere within the ballista launching area you will receive. Best shot to use is the Lift Shot, keep swiping to the left or right and you will get Curveball and Return to sender.
- Dive Bomber - Use the Flying Shot, reach a maximum height with arms up then put arms lower (at side) and make contact.
- Daredevil (Flying Shot) - Fly close to a building, tower, or ground (under bridges works as well) using the Flying Shot
- Freedom - Land a Flying Shot in the middle of nowhere or fly out of the map, camera will go to a cinematic view
- Flame On - Hit an Explosion Shield with the Flying Shot (Level 2-4)-
- Danger Zone - Sending a Flying Shot into an action shield with a lightning bolt (Level 7-1)-
- Perfect Timing - Using the bomb shot, right before its about to hit an object activate with arms in a Y motion
- Giant Bomb - Hitting an action shield with the explosion with a Bomb Shot (Level 2-5)
- Dud - Shoot a Bomb Shot into the air and detonate not near anything
- Max Spread - Spread the Split Shot with your hands as far as you can after activating and make contact
- Concentrated - Keep hands close on Spread Shot
- Wheelin' - Activate a Split Shot and turn it vertical
- Split Bank - Get 4 Bank Shot icons in one Split Shot after activating
- Daredevil (Lift Shot) - Activate the Lift Shot right before you are about to hit the ground
- Maximum Liftus - Activate Lift Shot 3 times in one shot
- Double Down - Activating a Lift Shot into an action shield with a spring (Level 5-3)-
- Premature Activation - Activate the Speed Shot immediately after firing.
- Armor Piercing - shoot through multiple structures using the Speed Shot
- Ricochet - Bounce Speed Shot off rocks or a building and hit another building (works well bouncing off indestructible towers), has to be side rock cliffs, not rocks on ground. If it bounces off ground it will be a Bank Shot
- Spicy Meatball: Activate a Speed Shot into an Explosive Icon (level 5-2)
- Ludicrous Speed - Activate a Speed Shot through an action shield with a lightning bolt (Level 5-2)
Ghostride the Whip - 10
Took the Hot Goblin for a ride 30 times
On most levels you will see a red goblin being kept in the air by a balloon. You need to hit the goblin (NOT the balloon). If done correctly the goblin will stick to the front of your shot and travel until it collides with another object. Try and hit the goblin on each level as you progress through the campaign as they offer bonus points to add to your score. Do this 30 times for the achievement to unlock.
Building an Army - 10
You've enlisted to help fight the good fight.
This is a secret achievement that is unlocked by doing the following. Load the credits from the main menu (Help & Options > Credits) and hold a military salute for 10 seconds. You may need to hold the salute for longer for it to register properly, basically hold the salute until the achievement pops.
Once More With Feeling - 10
Used 50 Mulligans
A mulligan is earned by destroying 3 goblins (does not have to be in a single shot) There are no shortage of goblins so you will amass mulligans fairly quickly. To use a mulligan, raise your left hand after your shot has landed, do this 50 times to unlock the achievement.
Green is Good - 20
You got to 1,000 Goblins destroyed in the Goblins Leaderboard
To destroy a goblin you must either hit it directly with a shot or destroy the tower/wall it is standing on. You will likely earn the majority of these while playing the campaign and going for the medals. If after completing every other achievement you still donít have this, load the earlier levels to grind these out (The 1st and 2nd stages are the easiest to clear out all goblins on) You can track your progress from the main menu > leaderboards > goblins destroyed (NOTE you need to be signed into Xbox Live to view the leaderboards but not to make each goblin count)
Wrecking With The Best - 25
Earned 25,000,000 total points
All points earned through the Campaign and Challenge maps count towards this so it should come naturally as you progress. If not then keep replaying missions until it unlocks. Again you can check your progress via the leaderboards.
|11-16-2012, 02:31 AM||#7|
Join Date: Dec 2007