PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #31
Carpetfluff

I had the update a couple of days ago but my save survived. My friend hadn't played for 2 days, logged into today and says all his progress had vanished. I can't be sure if the update hit him but he wouldn't have been online when it arrived so it seems likely.

Hope it doesn't turn out people are just hitting new game by accident - the continue option greys out once you've finished the story.
Carpetfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #32
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Got a problem today too.

I play with two 360, moving the save each time and my first 360 got the update and then I played it yesterday without any problems.

But a few minutes ago, my second 360 refused to load the save after the update, the game just freeze each time I'm loading the save.

But I didn't lost my save as I have it on the two 360, and the save still works fine with the first 360 (I just tested it).

I'll try to delete the saves, the update, redo the update, boot the game by doing a new save, then overwriting it with my old save and say if it worked or not by editing my post.

Edit : I cleared the cache (to delete the update) then refused it and my save is working again (but of course, no contracts mode as I'm offline) so it's definitively a problem caused by the update on some system (seems not all as my main 360 isn't affected by the problem).

There was a more or less similar problem with "Gears of War 2" where your online stats would somtimes be erased when you were doing an update (I got the problem), and it was avoidable by doing the update being loggued with another profile (one which don't have any save file or any important save file), I'll try to do Hitman update with another profile to check if that fix the problem.

Edit 2 : It fixed the problem and my save is working again on my second 360. But my save wasn't erased so not sure it's completely the same problem, th game was just freezing at the save loading.

Hopefully, even if I hadn't two 360 (which wasn't the case a few months ago), I was often backuping the saves of the game I mainly playing on an USB drive to avoid any problems.

Last edited by davhuit; 11-21-2012 at 02:13 AM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #33
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
If you have a USB data stick, just copy your save file on to it, and remove it from your Xbox. That's what I've done for this, as I've noticed people are losing their save by just loading the game up again, without having to update.
Yeah, I have a USB stick but how do I copy my save file. Do I go to memory in the options to copy it? Sorry if these are stupid questions but like I said, I've never had to do this until now.
Next Up: Destiny

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #34
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai J View Post
Yeah, I have a USB stick but how do I copy my save file. Do I go to memory in the options to copy it? Sorry if these are stupid questions but like I said, I've never had to do this until now.
Yeah, go to System Settings > Memory. Find your Hitman save and click Copy, then just copy it to a USB stick. If you've never used a USB stick on the Xbox before, it will have to configure it first when you insert it into the Xbox.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #35
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Yeah, go to System Settings > Memory. Find your Hitman save and click Copy, then just copy it to a USB stick. If you've never used a USB stick on the Xbox before, it will have to configure it first when you insert it into the Xbox.
Alright cool. Thanks for your help man. Since I have some documents saved on my only stick I think I'll pick one up just for use on my Xbox. It's a shame we have to do this crap though.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Or move the documents on your PC, then choose "personnalize" instead of "Configurate" on the XBOX and it'll ask you how many MB you want to use on the XBOX.

If the USB key is 3 GB and you only choose 1 GB, you'll have 2 GB to still use it on the PC (the configuration just add a dummy XBOX directory, the USB key can still be used then on your PC, so you can copy back your documents on it).

Or if you have a gold account, you can use the cloud by manually copying the save in the cloud once you're done playing (when you'll restart, if you choose the hard drive instead of the cloud, it won't update the save on the cloud).
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #37
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davhuit View Post
Or move the documents on your PC, then choose "personnalize" instead of "Configurate" on the XBOX and it'll ask you how many MB you want to use on the XBOX.

If the USB key is 3 GB and you only choose 1 GB, you'll have 2 GB to still use it on the PC (the configuration just add a dummy XBOX directory, the USB key can still be used then on your PC, so you can copy back your documents on it).

Or if you have a gold account, you can use the cloud by manually copying the save in the cloud once you're done playing (when you'll restart, if you choose the hard drive instead of the cloud, it won't update the save on the cloud).
Awesome. The cloud way sounds pretty easy as well. Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #38
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This game's save system sucks.

I didn't get the patch update problem, but the game did freeze on me when it was saving, which destroyed my save, and made me have to start everything all over again. (all those challenges completed gone...)

It's way too easy to loose all your progress than I am comfortable with.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #39
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
LOL... Playing on Purist for my videos on Mission 10, game freezes. Corrupt Save!!

I had 10 challenges left :/

What the actual fuck.
A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
LOL... Playing on Purist for my videos on Mission 10, game freezes. Corrupt Save!!

I had 10 challenges left :/

What the actual fuck.
LMAO now THAT is really messed up.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #41
Nellydanut

Nellydanut's Gamercard
After my save getting deleted a few days ago, I thought i would start a playthrough on a harder difficulty. Surprise surprise the same thing has happened.

I find that my game crashes just as the main menu is loading up, anyone else getting this?

It goes without saying but i would advise everyone to back up their saves every so often.
Nellydanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #42
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Personally, I didn't get the corrupted save message, but the game was freezing when I was loading the game (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...4&postcount=32).

It seems to not be a problem on all 360 though as my main one didn't got the problem (but to be sure, I make two backups of my save each time I'm done playing, one on a USB Key and another one on the Cloud).

But yeah, the developper sux on this because if it happen to so many people, it's have to be a bug and so there is obviously a way to fix it.

Last edited by davhuit; 11-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #43
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
It seems the update they did to make the contracts mode free is the main problem of the save bug.

I got another problem again with my save (freezing during the save loading).

I clear the cache, I decline the update, the save is loading fine.

I'm doing the update, save is freezing.

I clear the cache again, I decline the update, the save is loading fine again.

So I would advice people to play the main story offline, for now, to avoid bugs.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Any word from anybody on a fix for this yet? I really liked what I played of this game so far but I really am turned off when it comes to backing up my saves every time I quit playing. If this was the only game I had to play I'd do it, but until I hear a fix is out I think I'll stay with the other 4 or so games I'm in the middle of. At least that will give enough time for the community to come up with some really good guides and videos.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #45
ccliffy90

ccliffy90's Gamercard
I lost my save file yesterday while playing the epilogue. Not amaused i must say. To be honest though i completed the whole game in one 7 hour sitting on hard after it happened and after you played it once you can fly through the whole game. Just need play styles and evidence which i will be doing again in one sitting to make sure i dont lose it again.
ccliffy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
EquiinoX

II EquiinoX II's Gamercard
Strangely enough, I had the exact same problem on Blood Money.. but not only did I lose my save file, but all the achievements I gained from playing the game.. after that happened I got rid.. Couldn't be A$*d playing through all that again.
EquiinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #47
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Never got a problem with Blood Money.

Anyway, about Absolution, I'm trying something and for now, it's working.

Once you press "start" at the title screen, the game ask you to choose where you save file is located (hard drive for most of us), press B to cancel and go back to the title screen. Now, press "start" again and load your save.

With this method, I managed to load my save file both times I tried (so, right now 2/2 tries).

Dunno if it change really something, but who knows.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #48
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Lost my save moments ago. I have 1K-ed it, just wanting to pass some time while waiting for my wife, got the update when I loaded the disc and it doesn't detect my save. I have my saves still in the HDD and the thumbdrive. The game just doesn't read it.

Thankfully I'm already done with the achievements.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Its not the update its a bug in the game. Games corrupt randomly however a patch is in the work and will be released soon. for now tho like others have said back up your save on a memo stick.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #50
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Dunno, because each time my savegame wouldn't load, I was erasing the cache which was erasing the update and then the savegame was loading fine.

And if I was doing the update again, the savegame wouldn't load.

And that would explain the bug, because such a bug would hardly pass the QA tests (and that would also explain why no review stated about it, as they got the game before the patch was released).
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #51
DerHirni

YouTube Freak's Gamercard
Courrupted game saves always really suck. If this happens to me, it's fortunately not as bad as in your case, I haven't even finished the game yet, nor have I tried to get any challenges done while playing it. But it would be annoying as I would have to play all the missions I already did before knowing what happens in the story next.

I had a chance to kill the best, but then I remebered suicide is a sin.

Boosting:

Red Dead Redemption (all DLC except free coop stuff)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Multiplayer)
Borderlands 2 (no DLC)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (no DLC)
Assassins Creed: Revelations (no DLC)
SSX

Contact me if you want to boost any of the above games.
DerHirni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #52
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
shit developer
Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #53
skeme

damaged save

I sadly lost my save after updating the game for the first time and then once again the day after - is this fixed yet?
skeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #54
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Not yet, it's already out on PC if i'm right, but consoles always take longer, because Sony and Microsoft have to approve the patch first.

They said there was aiming around 10 December, so I'd rather say something like 17 December.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to check if it's fixed, if you load the game, it will ask you to do an update once it'll be released.

As I said, for me, playing offline helped to avoid those problems (so I'm still pretty confident it appeared with the Contracts patch), I got several times where my save wouldn't load, but none once I started to play offline/without the patch. But my problems wasn't crash (the game didn't crashed once) or corrupt game saves, the game would just freeze at the save loading screen.

But yeah, better wait until the patch is released.

Last edited by davhuit; 12-08-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
skeme

changing hdd

Too bad since my save appears to be damaged every time the save is loaded which don't even give me a chance to make backup save - going to try another hdd to see if anything changes...
Old 12-09-2012, 03:30 AM   #56
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
The backup is done in the 360 Dashboard so once you left the game and before reloading it.

Try to delete the cache of your hard drive, and try to play offline (by declining the update), it fixed the problem for me.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
skeme

changing hdd fixed it

With my other hdd the save turned out to be damaged every time the game started up so if I went to the dashboard to make a backup it would automatically already be useless and clearing cache or playing without updates didn't matter.

Plying with my other hdd has been working fine so far - the update is installed, playing online and I have loaded the save several times without any problems.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #58
Cornholio

Afromuumi's Gamercard
Midgame crash, lost all challenges and everything. Fantastic, was on mission #14 on purist difficulty.
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #59
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'm not sure if there was a new update or the original one was needed again because i've been playing other games, but i had my HDD save file corrupt on me last night. Luckily i had been backing up a copy to the cloud so i was able to load that one. Thought it would be worth mentioning for anyone that has been backing up a save but had their main one become corrupted.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #60
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Any word on a patch yet?