PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
The Last Flight

What's the best way to tackle the Gatecrasher achievement?

The Gatecrasher achievement is the one where you smash all the security gates. I'm asking this because the achievement seems like the hardest collectable-related achievement. There's no map in the game showing where the security gates are. Plus, I've heard that some of the gates may be glitched and won't count, or the count may glitch at 134/135, or things like that. So, anyone know a good method for finding all the security gates?
The Last Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
RealTime

BionicLyon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Flight View Post
The Gatecrasher achievement is the one where you smash all the security gates. I'm asking this because the achievement seems like the hardest collectable-related achievement. There's no map in the game showing where the security gates are. Plus, I've heard that some of the gates may be glitched and won't count, or the count may glitch at 134/135, or things like that. So, anyone know a good method for finding all the security gates?
I just followed this map...http://spacewolves.pytalhost.de/bild...ty%20gates.jpg
RealTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
OMGLOL1111

OMGLOL1111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTime View Post

Same map I used

All I can say is do it at the end, after you did everything else. since you did all the races and billboards, chances are you only missed the alley gates between building
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I read this was glitched, so as soon as the game threw me in free roam I went and got them out the way before doing anything else, needless to say none was glitched and achievement unlocked right away, I actually found another 2 gates that wasn't even on the map I used, so there must be room for some error.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
HeCTiC Mac

HeCTiC MaC's Gamercard
There are maps floating around with 135 and 137 gates but the scales are crap - it is hard to make out what you have or have not in the more congested areas.

I had 134 and could not find the others off the maps.

I watched so bloke on youtube doing them all until I found one that I did not recognise - just off a bridge actually that you coukld only see when coming from the right direction.

All done now :-)
HeCTiC Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
TheTrueStein

TheTrueStein's Gamercard
One trick that helps me (if I have time- not in a race, or being chased), to completely clear all the gates from the entrance, that way I know it's done and I can check it off, so if I see a gate, I know it's one I haven't gotten yet.
TheTrueStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Bazajaytee

Bazajaytee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Find all the Jack Spots and Billboards first. Most of the gates are actually around those items.
Bazajaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Balc0ra

Balc0ra's Gamercard
Same way that I did it in Burnout. Wait for a good map version of it. Open it in MS paint and cross em off one by one.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGLOL1111 View Post
Same map I used

All I can say is do it at the end, after you did everything else. since you did all the races and billboards, chances are you only missed the alley gates between building
I completely disagree. I'd do it right away then you don't have to figure out what you're missing.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Lord Arkhan

lord arkhan's Gamercard
I found one not marked on any of the maps I could see. Near the south end of the airfield there was one coming off the road that is front of a billboard. If you haven't gotten all of them then this might be the you need.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
AtTheHeightOfitAll

theheightofital's Gamercard
i did the gates first after i finished the game.

as well i was worried about the glitch but i just used the map on ta and checked off one by one.

i was at about 80 something from the game itself.
had no problems whatsoever via paint and zoom.

billboards is another beast though.
took about 2 hours sure that i missed one but couldnt find it.
those maps suck even with zoom.
all clustered and stuff

good luck.
Red Dead Redemption
10000 gamerscore -6/16/11
Need For Speed Undercover
20000 Gamerscore 1/28/12
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
25000 Gamerscore 5/14/12
Fable III DLC
AtTheHeightOfitAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I did it early on but not right away. Had 2 glitch but you just save and quit to dashboard and the glitched ones will be standing up again. i just made note of the ones that didn't show a counter. You can argue about which ones glitch (like half the guide on TA) til you are blue in the face but it's random. And the maps are easy to read even if you already hit about half of the gates because part of the gate usually respawns later and it's pretty obvious which areas a gate can be found in.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
AtTheHeightOfitAll

theheightofital's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
I did it early on but not right away. Had 2 glitch but you just save and quit to dashboard and the glitched ones will be standing up again. i just made note of the ones that didn't show a counter. You can argue about which ones glitch (like half the guide on TA) til you are blue in the face but it's random. And the maps are easy to read even if you already hit about half of the gates because part of the gate usually respawns later and it's pretty obvious which areas a gate can be found in.
hmm for me when i hit a gate only that gate would fall.
obviously i cant confirm if its the same exact gate. but it seemed only what i didnt knock down was still there and if i didnt touch the gate the whole gate section was intact.
Red Dead Redemption
10000 gamerscore -6/16/11
Need For Speed Undercover
20000 Gamerscore 1/28/12
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
25000 Gamerscore 5/14/12
Fable III DLC
AtTheHeightOfitAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHeightOfitAll View Post
hmm for me when i hit a gate only that gate would fall.
obviously i cant confirm if its the same exact gate. but it seemed only what i didnt knock down was still there and if i didnt touch the gate the whole gate section was intact.
I think it saves the part of the gate you knock down to get credit and the rest of the gate stays up even if you knock the rest down.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
The Last Flight

Got all the security gates now. I used Seigo45's videos on Youtube and didn't get any glitches.
The Last Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
maverick68

marknocturnal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balc0ra View Post
Same way that I did it in Burnout. Wait for a good map version of it. Open it in MS paint and cross em off one by one.

Ths strategy worked like a charm for the billboards, I found a map with all of them then compared it side by side with the map in the autolog website. Not so easy with the gates since neither the game nor the website give you a map of the gates that you have crashed. Will have to grind it out going to every location on a completed map. Not looking forward to that.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
Fifa08Meister

Send a message via MSN to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Fifa08Meister Send a message via Skype™ to Fifa08Meister

IIEvolution85II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Yeah im not looking forward to this either but will get it in the end

Fifa08Meister is offline   Reply With Quote