PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Super Geek No1

Super Geek No 1's Gamercard
SG-1's Insight on Beating Alec on 007 Classic

Ok I spent 6.5 hours on this guy here's is the intel you'll need in kicking his butt hope it helps.

At the beginning run towards him but not close use the assault riffle (Terralite III best assault riffle there) and keep scoping in and out while shooting (quick Scoping) very effective if you can pull it off then he'll jump down stairs you can continue to quick scope him or get into cover then continue with quick scoping. If done really well he should have called for back up as soon as that happens run outside from the direction he came from in the beginning upstairs and defeat any henchmen around.

Now you're going to stay up there with your back to the wall in the corner by the spawn door aim at door you just came out of and pull out your shotgun. You'll need to watch your mini map and reticule as soon as they are coming through the door or your reticule goes red shoot it a one hit kill most of the time you might need to quick scope from time to time (FYI quick scope with a shot gun can be slow).

006 will start this funny running pattern where he'll run round to you (might have to move to the right to see him) stands then jumps down stairs (while he standing he's actually aiming at you. You have two choices you can (a) shot him once with shot gun and move back into the corner and he'll leave or (b) you can quickly change to the assault riffle and quick scope him. He will do this for a while then stop and hide most of the time upstairs on the opposite side, when that happens as soon as you get the chance lean against the wall put in a couple of shots into him and he'll start moving again. If this done successfully done two to three times the spawn door where you standing by will open you can go in there and defend yourself good luck as I had bad luck and he would stop running around so I had to leave the room.

Now if you were like me and had no luck hiding in the spawn room when 006 is by himself the third time his pattern might changed so you will need to adapt to how it works quick scope and cover is still the best option in the same area you are in (that's upstairs on the right hand side). He will say "I need a helicopter kill him use rockets if you have to", as soon as you hear that if you're out side run inside as the chopper is out and you're near the end of the battle. If you were upstairs good if you weren't can't help you sorry.

Run through the first door (opening) and take cover by the fully covered metal railings and squat, breathe and don't rush quick scope anyone close who is upstairs don't bother trying to shoot anyone downstairs you'll waste health and might die. Quick scope and cover until Alec (006) is beaten. Now don't start running round the room like you won the World Cup or UEFA Champions League as you still need to get to the elevator so stay in cover clear any remaining henchmen, once done jump over the cover to the floor below and run up the stairs to the left and get in the elevator and press X on the button as quickly as possible. The reason for all this is because the helicopter is still there trying to shoot you and as soon as you leave cover more henchmen spawn to kill you.

Well that's all the knowledge I can pass on for now Good Luck 007

SG-1 Rules!!!!

PS: when run low on ammo the move forward close to the door where you killed all the henchmen and collect ammo. The Terralite III is carried by some of the henchmen
Also from time to time the henchmen will flush you out of cover with grenades I shouldn't need to say it but just in case RUN!!! just don't jump downstairs.
Also I mention the third time this is when you kill all his henchmen and you're one on one with him.

Last edited by Super Geek No1; 12-14-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Super Geek No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Demonshire

Devilshire's Gamercard
Awesome, I'll try this immediately!

EDIT: I did it! I managed to beat him in just three tries after this guide. Thank you.
I can add a small tip as well.

When the chopper arrives, you can run in real fast and cover behind the nearest steel plate on the circular railing until the chopper goes to the other side of the area. Then you can go back outside again where you just stood. The chopper won't return (it didn't for me, anyway), it just hovers on the other side, but it's still aiming at you, but you have plenty of walls for cover. If you're low on health at this point, take cover and aim closely to the wall so you can shoot the enemies right away when you see them coming on the radar mini-map.

When Trevelyan is all alone, wait for him to either cover, in which case you quickly strafe and shoot him a short bulletspray, or wait until he runs upstairs - When he's about to jump over the railing strafe out of cover and shoot him. You'll probably end up with only a few shots, but he won't have the time to shoot back at you. Rinse and repeat until you need to go to the elevator.

Note: This is crucial if you only have like 1/8 health left. Trevelyan will run a certain path at this point, but he can still shoot you. He will go up the stairs, turn right and jump down over the railing over and over again. If you are upstairs, the time to go for the elevator is right before he's about to jump over the railing. Trust me, you don't want to meet him in the middle of the stairs.
Jump over the top railing, sprint up the stairs, and crouch when you get to the upper floor again. Sprint the last few meters in to the elevator and push the friggin' button. Done!

Last edited by Demonshire; 11-04-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Demonshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
Super Geek No1

Kool thanx for the added in put it should make things easier for others now

Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
y2j3r3my

Y2J3r3my's Gamercard
damn man thats some good detail with this help. Im not there yet (still stuck in Severnaya) but when i get there I'll be sure to use this. Great job!
y2j3r3my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
XInfernoX

DesertEagleXZ's Gamercard
Finally someone with tips that could help me lol. I've got sooo close before but i never have enough health to make it through the last wave of henchmen. thanks for those tips im gonna go try it out now!
XInfernoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Super Geek No1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XInfernoX View Post
Finally someone with tips that could help me lol. I've got sooo close before but i never have enough health to make it through the last wave of henchmen. thanks for those tips im gonna go try it out now!
Hey your welcome

Last edited by Super Geek No1; 11-13-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
jaycee88

A video to help you guys out, but ignore the fails at the end lol
Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
II Blocky II

II Blocky II's Gamercard
Thanks a lot SG1 and Demonshire for the tips. Managed it in a few tries and ironically died more times during the stupid cut scene after. Thanks!
II Blocky II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Cheers, stupid boss fight really.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #10
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
Good look bud. This bastard was stressing me out for an hour before I found this. 3 for 105! I'll take it

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
three15

I've been doing this part for 4 hours now, maybe they updated the game because if i follow the video/guide they just keep throwing grenades at me I only have 1/8 health left by the time the chopper comes and die instantly everytime, not really sure what else to try
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Super Geek No1

Grenades hmmm... I suppose that was happening at one point but it stopped and didn't happen as often but if you feel the update caused it you can clear your cache and try it without the update
Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #13
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the patch made this harder. I get grenade spammed, and when Alec is running or I am shooting him, he never stops shooting me. Never does the animation where he was hurt.

16 hours in. Every time I am doing good, get through 1 wave of enemies and still have some Body Armor left, they throw a grenade and waste it, leaving me with one health bar.

I think I am just going to return this game and accept I can't beat it. It just isn't fun too me. No one plays online, and this mode is just frustrating. I had got this because of nostalgia, but it doesn't live up to its ancestor for me.
200,000-?

Last edited by Zombiedrd; 12-17-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #14
xI C0uch P0tat0

Th3 Col3 Train's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just beat him.

You'll want to stay in the corner but don't just sit there and wait for them to come all the way to you. If you do eventually a grenade will get you. What you do is peek out often and kill them as they come to you.

I tried this for hours but when I did the above method it worked first time.

Completed Retail: 34
Completed Arcade: 20

Total: 54
xI C0uch P0tat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
Super Geek No1

Glad this helped out